AH FabricationsVolks Autos
    3rd Gear

Status

Decat Milltek zorst on my S3 (Video)

After promising to do this for a while now, I finally got down to doing it yesterday. You will also hear what she sounds like with the Forge intake sneezing away Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lh7eD_DIV6o
    2012 RS3 / Daytona Grey / Alu pack / revo3+ / LOBA500P / LOBA CNC Intake pipe / LOBA HPFP / Forge Race FMIC / Milltek resonated exhaust / revo intake system / Devils own WMI / 20" BBS CH-R Titanium / H&R Monotube coilovers / H&R Anti Roll bars / Alu Roof rails / Hybrid RS grille / R8 paddle shifters /

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    Sounds AWESOME man............
    2010 Audi S4 (S-Tronic)
    2010 Audi S3 (Sportback, S-Tronic)

ex cars :

2007 Audi S3
    2007 Audi TT (S-Tronic)
    2006 Audi A3 2.0T

4th Gear

Status
    Sounds good.. Not as loud as I would have thought!

Got to love the Forge DV sound combined with an intake!!
    MK5 ED30.. Fastest MK5 / 2.0T FSI in the UK - Fastest DSG MK5 in the world!

12.601 @ 115.85 MPH

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ved789 View Post
    Sounds AWESOME man............
    Thanks Ved...i didn't accelerate too hard as I didn't want to scare the neighbours lol!
    2012 RS3 / Daytona Grey / Alu pack / revo3+ / LOBA500P / LOBA CNC Intake pipe / LOBA HPFP / Forge Race FMIC / Milltek resonated exhaust / revo intake system / Devils own WMI / 20" BBS CH-R Titanium / H&R Monotube coilovers / H&R Anti Roll bars / Alu Roof rails / Hybrid RS grille / R8 paddle shifters /

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyc View Post
    Sounds good.. Not as loud as I would have thought!

Got to love the Forge DV sound combined with an intake!!
    Indeed, the Forge DV definitely amplifies the sound of the intake....glad you like the way the zorst sounds, apologies for the long delay.

1st Gear

Status
    Sounds nice!
    Any flames due to the decatting?

You only have the Forge DV or also the blow off spacer?

Thanks again for the video!
    S3 8P + Milltek non-resonated exhaust = Fuel-to-noise converter

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Macs View Post
    Sounds nice!
    Any flames due to the decatting?

You only have the Forge DV or also the blow off spacer?

Thanks again for the video!
    No flames at all....

Its only my pleasure, apologies to you as well for the delay.

I have the Forge intake together with the Forge DV as seen in the pics below>>>

http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/con...duct=FMIND02S3

http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/con...oduct=FMFSITVR

2008 Phantom Black S3

Status
    I want that noise coming outa my s3!! Sounds truely awesome!!

Good work fella!!!

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit222 View Post
    No flames at all....

Its only my pleasure, apologies to you as well for the delay.

I have the Forge intake together with the Forge DV as seen in the pics below>>>
    Good...
    I'll surely go for the Forge DV...
    For the intake I still have to decide which one to choose...
    Thanks again!!

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Macs View Post
    Good...
    I'll surely go for the Forge DV...
    For the intake I still have to decide which one to choose...
    Thanks again!!
    Cool, the DV won't make much of a noise...hell it won't make any noise for that matter. Intake is what you need in conjunction with the DV

1st Gear

Status
    Cool, the DV won't make much of a noise...hell it won't make any noise for that matter. Intake is what you need in conjunction with the DV
    Yep I know.
    In fact, purely for noise purpose, I fitted the Forge blow off spacer along with the non resonated Milltek complete exhaust...

It sings now...

Neutral

Status
    Does anyone know if i use have a carbonio air box and use the Forge DV will make that sound as well?? or its only the pod filter will do that??

thanks

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3JET View Post
    Does anyone know if i use have a carbonio air box and use the Forge DV will make that sound as well?? or its only the pod filter will do that??

thanks
    I don't think the Carbonio intake will give anything in term of sound (and performance either...!) because it mantains the OEM shaping of the intake (that is horrendously twisty and irregular plus sitted right above the engine).

To get any intake sound and performance improvement you need an intake that goes as straight as possible and is as free as possible in terms of flow obstructions.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3JET View Post

thanks
    Funny that you mention that...I still have my Oettinger intake in my garage and was wondering the same thing. Without my Forge DV, my Forge intake was rather quiet...it only came alive after fitting the DV....I would love to know if there would be a diff in sound. The one positive thing about the Forge intake is the performance gain, 10kw gain ATW.

Neutral

Status
    Funny that you mention that...I still have my Oettinger intake in my garage and was wondering the same thing. Without my Forge DV, my Forge intake was rather quiet...it only came alive after fitting the DV....I would love to know if there would be a diff in sound. The one positive thing about the Forge intake is the performance gain, 10kw gain ATW.
    Will see if i get a chance to get the Forge DV then i will let you guys know. well was thinking about pod filter too, but never like the way it look on a euro car, LOL.

But later down the track i believe if i change my exhaust intercooler, then i will change it to something else, for now its all good.

thanks for all the information.

3rd Gear

Status
    Sounds awesome!!!
    A3 8P2 2.0TDI S-Line 170 SB | Brilliant Red | Full Leather | BOSE | 6 Disc Changer | None Smoking Pack | Light Interior Pack (Converted to LEDs) | Rear Parking Sensors | S3 Air Vents | S3 Mirrors - Stolen!| S3 Pedals |

Neutral

Status
    Totally off topic but I do like the way you set the camera recording, left it on the side of the road and drove back. Quality idea
    2008 Pre Facelift S3 - FBSW, Bluetooth, Parking Sensors, Dolphin Grey, iPod Adaptor, BOSE

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by SnAzBaZ View Post
    Totally off topic but I do like the way you set the camera recording, left it on the side of the road and drove back. Quality idea

LOL! Luckily I came back and found the camera there

3rd Gear

Status
    Any chance you have any more vids of it on full chat?

Meteor S3, APR Stage 3, APR HPFP, Milltek TBE, LOBA/Sach's Clutch, Bilstein PSS10's, H&R ARB, Gen4 Haldex PP, EVOM's DV & CAI, Forge TB with Pro-Alloy IC, BBS CK 19" My S3

mike

Status
    Sounds very nice matey!

Quote Originally Posted by SnAzBaZ View Post
    Yeah i thought that was great... no chance of doing that here in the UK, someone would have that away in seconds lol

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DeckedS3 View Post
    Any chance you have any more vids of it on full chat?
    Will try and get some this weekend.

3rd Gear

Status
    Exhaust sounds nice, but the DV sound is not for me - reminds me of RS Turbo's, and Gt Turbo's etc
    www.bmvs-camperhire.co.uk VW California hire and sales