Volks AutosMonster Motorsport
    2nd Gear

Status

GAP Insurance Query

Just having put my order in for the S3, I am considering GAP Insurance.

Having had a quick read, I am going for Return To Invoice GAP.

The dealer just quoted me 399, but I had a look at this site and can get 3 year cover for 213

www.click4gap.co.uk

Has anyone used them or can anyone recommend any particular Insurance/Company?
    2005 - A3 2.0TDI S-Line Quattro

2008 - S3, Sprint Blue, Buckets, Sunroof, Rear Sensors, BT Phone Prep, Folding Mirrors, Interior Light Pack, BOSE, Flat Tyre Indicator, Phatnoise

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    I have used them twice now. The policy is actually with Hitachi capital so its not a small company. The prices are very good and the cover is alot better and cheaper than Audis one.
    Now:BMW 530d M-sport tourer. Then:Lava Grey A3 Sportback S-line 2.0TFSI Quattro, S-line Special Edition, Xenon Plus, Leather, Light and Rain Pack, Interior light Pack, Bose, DVD Nav+, Bluetooth, Multifunction wheel,Cruise, Heated Front Seats, Folding Mirrors, Rear Parking Sensor and some other bits.

Neutral

Status
    I am using Lombard for my GAP insurance. I pay 10 per month, and it's for 5 years coverage. Because I pay monthly I can cancel at any time, therefore have only paid for the months I have used.

Details here:

http://www.lombard.co.uk/insurance/f...shortfall.aspx

Andrew
    2008 Pre Facelift S3 - FBSW, Bluetooth, Parking Sensors, Dolphin Grey, iPod Adaptor, BOSE

4th Gear

Status
    Actually Ive just looked I used them the first time but used these for the BMW http://www.directgap.co.uk they were cheaper than click4gap and the cover is the same.
    Now:BMW 530d M-sport tourer. Then:Lava Grey A3 Sportback S-line 2.0TFSI Quattro, S-line Special Edition, Xenon Plus, Leather, Light and Rain Pack, Interior light Pack, Bose, DVD Nav+, Bluetooth, Multifunction wheel,Cruise, Heated Front Seats, Folding Mirrors, Rear Parking Sensor and some other bits.

1st Gear

Status
    FYI my local dealer said 399 to me too. I pointed out i could get it a hell of a lot cheaper online, they then offered it to me for 250 and I went with theirs. Haggle!
    Last edited by MacrosTheBlack; 23rd June 2008 at 13:05.
    Sold:Audi S3 (2008 8P2 with upgrades by NHN)
    Phantom Black
    , Bucket Seats, Sunroof, Parking Sensors, FBMFSW, Armrest Phone Prep, Privacy Glass, ILP, FTW, BOSE, RNSE MkII SDS & AMI, Cruise Control, MY11 Folding/Dimming Mirrors, MY11 Rear Lights, Auto Lights/Wipers

2nd Gear

Status
    Thanks for the responses.

Directgap are doing the same cover for 176

2008 - S3, Sprint Blue, Buckets, Sunroof, Rear Sensors, BT Phone Prep, Folding Mirrors, Interior Light Pack, BOSE, Flat Tyre Indicator, Phatnoise

6th Gear

Status
    yep, I haggled my local dealer too..

one thing to look at tho is the fine print. Always the same with insurance, the cheapest option isnt always the wisest.

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Kontraband View Post
    yep, I haggled my local dealer too..

one thing to look at tho is the fine print. Always the same with insurance, the cheapest option isnt always the wisest.
    Most of them though are Hitachi finance and have the same small print. Check to see if the Audi one is backed by them as well. I know when reading up on it the Audi one wasn't as good as the ones online(car replacement values and price), they get sales from a captive audience so dont really have to compete with a good product.

1st Gear

Status
    i paid 199 for 36 months cover with cardiff pinnacle via HSBC that is gap back to invoice price......
    2007 Audi A3 Sportback 2.0 Tdi (170) DPF, S-Line,DSG S-Tronic, Akoyo Silver, 18"Alloys Audi RS4 Design, RNS-E 2007 TMC, Rear Parking Sensors,Bose Sound System,6 CD Changer,Black Leather Sport Seats,Auto Folding Mirrors,Tyre Pressure Sys,+ More....

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandle View Post
    Most of them though are Hitachi finance and have the same small print. Check to see if the Audi one is backed by them as well. I know when reading up on it the Audi one wasn't as good as the ones online(car replacement values and price), they get sales from a captive audience so dont really have to compete with a good product.

yeah, cheers fella. I checked thoroughly with mine by giving it to my neighbour who is an insurance geek! The audi one passed the test.

4th Gear

Status
    yeah, cheers fella. I checked thoroughly with mine by giving it to my neighbour who is an insurance geek! The audi one passed the test.
    No need to be like that. I didnt say the Audi one was crap just that there is better out there for cheaper.

6th Gear

Status
    Be like what??

I didnt say you said the audi one was crap?? In fact, I even thanked you for your advice.. WTF are you reading?

2nd Gear

Status
    Come on now ladies

6th Gear

Status

4th Gear

Status
    Be like what??

I didnt say you said the audi one was crap?? In fact, I even thanked you for your advice.. WTF are you reading?
    Im sorry I thought it was a sarcastic reply. My bad.

6th Gear

Status
    ... no worries.

2nd Gear

Status
    Wanted to query you on this again guys as the new motor is now due soon.

What maximum values and periods of cover are you guys choosing when buying GAP return to invoice. ie what value would you choose on a 30k S3??

Thanks

4th Gear

Status
    I would do 15k over three years which is about 175 from www.directgap.co.uk 10k over 3yrs isnt enough money to cover it.

2nd Gear

Status
    Thanks Dandle,

Thats the exact figures I was thinking of.

1st Gear

Status
    I've checked a quote for my new S3 from direct gap with 20,000 for 4 years its 250, while 20,000 for 3 years is 248
    S3 Sept 08 to.....
    A3 2.0 TDI Sport April 04 - May 08

2nd Gear

Status
    just got a quote from Direct gap Insurance (thanks Dandle) for back to invoice insurance at 108 covering upto 7500. booked marked that page!
    Black 2005/56 A3 170 tdi S-line Quattro
    Silver 2003/03 A4 2.5 TDI convertible
    Land rover discovery V8, 2" + lift, 2" + tyres , sliders winch very muddy

Previous cars
    2002 A4 130 tdi sport, black, painted bumpers and 18" wheels stunning looking car.
    Vectra 2.5 gsi saloon, dark blue - Tin can rocket ship.
    Alfa Spider 2.0 Lusso
    BMW E46 323 convertible
    Saxo vts - embarrassed a police T5 on the A9
    Silver Renault laguna estate. Gone and thank god!

1st Gear

Status
    Wouldnt Vehicle replacement gap be better than back to invoice value especially if you have got something like 10% off the price of the car???? look on click4gap.co.uk.

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave1000 View Post
    Wouldnt Vehicle replacement gap be better than back to invoice value especially if you have got something like 10% off the price of the car???? look on click4gap.co.uk.
    Click4gap and Directgap both use hitachi finance as the insurance companies so it just come down to price on which one to choose. Vehicle replacement is ok if your happy with the car you bought and want exactly the same one again, personally I would rather have the full invoice back and it gives me many more options for replacement inc the same car again if i choose.

1st Gear

Status
    This is what I am lost on if you choose to the invoice value you may of got 10% off at the time when you purchased then say for example your car gets stolen in a year & you wanted the same replaced the same deal may not be on so you could have a shortfall + value of a new car would of gone up in value from when you bought so wouldnt you be out of pocket to replace on that option????? hope that makes sense

On that basis wouldnt vehicle replacement be better on a new vehicle???

1st Gear

Status
    This is from the Website this option must be the one to have on a new car surely...

"VRI will pay to you the difference between the settlement you receive from the Comprehensive Motor Insurance Policy and the cost of a replacement new vehicle, even if the retail price has increased!""

4th Gear

Status
    Depends on what you want I guess. After Ive had a car I don't really want the same car again even if it is a year later. I would rather have the money and choose again, even if I choose the same car the price it will/could have gone up wont be much and if you factor in the deals that happen as a car comes moves along its cycle life then you wont be out of pocket choosing the same car again anyway. You could be claiming on the policy 3-4 years after youve taken it out and the choices out there for new cars could be alot different as could your circumstances and you end up with the same car you bought years ago on your drive which if you sell will loose thousands.