Replacement Bulbs in new A3

cheechy

Reaction score
Sorry if anyone read this post on 'the other forum' but I thought I ask anyone who has a new A3 can you please check your manual for me and tell me what kind of replacement bulbs I need for the A3 (the full beam / main dip and side lights) please! ?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

If you can do it without consulting your manual I'll be even more impressed...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif

Thanks.

I borrowed a couple of new A3s a few weeks ago and spent one evening reading through the manual. As far as I remember both headlight bulbs are H7s, but I have no idea on the sidelight bulbs I'm afraid. I remember the H7 bulbs because I have uprated H7s in my present A3 1.8T and remember thinking I could transfer them to the new A3 I have on order.

Sorry I cannot be more help.

Dave R

Thats great cheers - I'm looking to upgrade the headlight bulbs when I get my car as well and I see some guy on ebay is selling silver stars for £10 a pair (which I thought was quite good).

Yep H7's for the mainbeam/dip, the sidelights are an absolute pig to remove, in fact the manual does not recomend removing/changing them.

There is very little room around the headlight area so it is a matter of fitting by feel and using a torch.

Alright thanks Guys - have acquired two sets of Osram H7 silver stars.....

I wa thinking of getting better bulbs in my 98 a3 cos the lighting is rubbish.
I had alook at the Philips xenon look blue bulbs
Does chanfging the bulbs make a good improvement and are these bulbs road legal.
Where can I get them cheap.

From what I've been told on other forums the best replacements are iether Phillips Vision plus or Osram silver visions.

You can get 'xenon' type halogen lights with small amounts of xenon gas in them to give it that blue-light light but they don't actually project as much light as the bulbs mentioned. If you want xenon lights then you'll have to retro-fit them (approx 400-600 uk pounds I believe).

Cheers.