Find a vehicles age spec etc from private plate

mattandrew

Reaction score
Not strictly A3 related but

Have you ever looked at a vehicle and not known its age spec etc as it has a private plate, if so try the connect 2 website

http://www.connects2.com/c2home.aspx

EXAMPLE

Vehicle Registration :?? ???
Registration Date :2004-01-07
Manufacturer :AUDI
Model :A3 SPORT TDI AUTO
Engine Capacity :1968
Specification :TDI SPORT
Body Style :3 DOOR HATCHBACK
Transmission :AUTOMATIC
Colour :ALUMINIUM/SILVER No.
Doors :3

Mate you can enter any reg plate on the RAC site and it tells you the model, age etc. Nothing new really.

no... I mean I'm what the hell is with that woman!! ;)

Id just upgraded opera and didnt have the tabs showing... so I could hear her but not see her... didnt know what the hell was goin on! :keule:

and it doesnt find my old reg... 'RV05UBZ'
Sorry

The entered registration was not found in our database.
Please double check that you have entered the correct registration.

If the registration is correct please email us at sales@connects2.com.

Mate you can enter any reg plate on the RAC site and it tells you the model, age etc. Nothing new really.

Yeah but dont you have to pay

no... I mean I'm what the hell is with that woman!! ;)

Id just upgraded opera and didnt have the tabs showing... so I could hear her but not see her... didnt know what the hell was goin on! :keule:

and it doesnt find my old reg... 'RV05UBZ'

Yeah she gets anoying after a while

Reason for not finding an old plate may be due to the fact the car may now have a private plate. If you put a private plate on a car the old number goes back into the dvla system. If you take a private plate off a car 99.9999% of the time it goes back to its original plate.

Yeah but dont you have to pay

Yeah she gets anoying after a while

Reason for not finding an old plate may be due to the fact the car may now have a private plate. If you put a private plate on a car the old number goes back into the dvla system. If you take a private plate off a car 99.9999% of the time it goes back to its original plate.

Ahhhh, I see.

Thats right, vehicle identities are meant to be public knowledge. It's for buyer safety as much as anything. In some countries like Sweden they actually issue a database every year with the name and address of the registered owner.

yeah, I always found that Sweden thing a bit strange...

having the same plate for your life... good job they are 'mellow'

It's for buyer safety as much as anything. In some countries like Sweden they actually issue a database every year with the name and address of the registered owner.

That should be done here.
It would allow potential buyers of cars to easily contact the previous owner, prior to purchase.
As it is, you don't know the previous owner details until you get the V5, which could be too ****** late by then, you're stuck with a lemon.:keule:

I'd be trawling that database for a late middle aged widow with a Ferrari....

It could be argued it would improve driving standards.
People drive like w*nkers, in this country, because they know their identity is secret, unless the police get involved (which is very rare, even if you report it).
If their home address is readily available, they might just think twice about cutting you up.
There's one RS4 (he also has a Porsche) driver I'd like the home address for.
I'd then drive like a tosser up and down his road, see how he likes it.:haudrauf:

I have to agree with Bowfer to an extent. I think people would have far more respect for each other on the roads and behind the wheel in general if we were easily tracked to our home address.
However...There's a flip side to that. As we all know there are a lot of complete nutters about and we have a crime fuelled society. Would you REALLY want some thief or vandal knowing where you kept that car overnight? Would you really want some pervert being able to track your wife/girlfriend by her reg plate? I know i wouldn't. It'd just make stalking easy.

Would you really want some pervert being able to track your wife/girlfriend by her reg plate? I know i wouldn't. It'd just make stalking easy.

The law would just be the same as it is now though, where a stalker can just follow your missus home.
Or someone with a grudge can do the same.
It would only make it easier for lazy stalkers/vandals!;)

It's a tough call, my missus runs her own business and drives a Freelander with a personalised wheelcover on giving the business name, website & phone number. It constantly worries me that any idiot could easily track us within seconds from that info but by the same token I am always conscious of it when I drive the car, tends to mellow your reaction sometimes to other drivers!

but by the same token I am always conscious of it when I drive the car, tends to mellow your reaction sometimes to other drivers!

Agreed.
I'm more aware of my driving since getting a memorable numberplate.
Our drivers are also conscious of the fact the company name is plastered all over the vans, so complaints against them are easily lodged/logged.

Don't get me wrong i'm not scare mongering, just playing devil's advocate. I think a more free society is the way forward in general. People only commit crime and disrespect other people because they have some way of hiding and getting away with it.
Although having said that, the govenment would have to massively tighten laws and give much tougher punishment for abuses of such a register.

Agreed.
I'm more aware of my driving since getting a memorable numberplate.
Our drivers are also conscious of the fact the company name is plastered all over the vans, so complaints against them are easily lodged/logged.

and I've become more aware since i took delivery of a bright white a3 and put german plates on it, not seen another one round here yet!!

one of our older reps once had an accident which was his fault, he acted like a tw4t at the scene and verbally abused the other dirver etc he then threw his business card at the other driver and told him to f*ck off and deal with it. within a month he had lost his job, had a vsit from the police, was forced to settle a large part of the claim himself and 3 months on mysteriously got his head kciked in on his drive

you never know who you're f*cking with

Don't get me wrong i'm not scare mongering, just playing devil's advocate. I think a more free society is the way forward in general. People only commit crime and disrespect other people because they have some way of hiding and getting away with it.
Although having said that, the govenment would have to massively tighten laws and give much tougher punishment for abuses of such a register.

I agree with you in principal

and I've become more aware since i took delivery of a bright white a3 and put german plates on it, not seen another one round here yet!!

one of our older reps once had an accident which was his fault, he acted like a tw4t at the scene and verbally abused the other dirver etc he then threw his business card at the other driver and told him to f*ck off and deal with it. within a month he had lost his job, had a vsit from the police, was forced to settle a large part of the claim himself and 3 months on mysteriously got his head kciked in on his drive

you never know who you're f*cking with

Go to the 'right' pub on the wrong estate and there's some thug who will happily stove someone's head in for £50 no questions asked.
It's best to just go about your business and be nice to people.
Treat others how you'd like to be treated yourself... Thought for the day kids.