Sky InsuranceVolks Autos
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    england
    Posts
    754

    conversion from 2004 sport to the single grill sline(thanks to "mattandrew")

    i finally done the conversion from 2004 double grill to the single grill sline, got to say first of all a very very BIG thankyou to mattandrew from this forum for all the help and getting all the parts to me, i will post some photos soon but got to say it looks perfect, just need some side skirts to finish it off, the only down side was i got lots of "orange peel" on the bonnet but the bodyshop said wait for few weeks till the paint hardens and they will mop it all out,lets just hope that works, on few places on the bonnet it looks like matt finish but apart from that it came out lovely, will post some photos

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    mattandrew's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Up in the hills, Derbyshire
    Posts
    971
    Fog wires went in todays post recorded delivery, they will need signing for on delivery or Royal Mail will leave a card and you will need to collect from postoffice.


    Quote Originally Posted by khalil View Post
    the only down side was i got lots of "orange peel" on the bonnet but the bodyshop said wait for few weeks till the paint hardens and they will mop it all out,lets just hope that works, on few places on the bonnet it looks like matt finish but apart from that it came out lovely, will post some photos
    If I was you I would get them to respray it, you will never be happy with it if not
    Previous
    S
    3
    Ibis White - 2007

    Current
    A5 Ibis White - 2007
    S3 Black - 2001

    VCDS user

  4. #3
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    england
    Posts
    754
    Quote Originally Posted by mattandrew View Post
    Fog wires went in todays post recorded delivery, they will need signing for on delivery or Royal Mail will leave a card and you will need to collect from postoffice.





    If I was you I would get them to respray it, you will never be happy with it if not
    ye i know i think i give him the chance to mop it and see the results otherwise i tell them to respray it, plus me going to get the car detailed in a sort will so i know that will take away the "orange peel" its just a waiting game now

  5. #4
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    48
    I am really wanting to do this conversion aswel, how much did all the parts cost?

  6. #5
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    10
    Hey Kahlil looking forward to seeing the pics. I wanted to do this conversion myself. I pm'd mattandrew twice after I saw his conversion to get info. He said to pm him in his post for anyone that was interested... but I never got a reply.

    Maybe you can fill me in?

    Tnx in advance

    regards

  7. #6
    mattandrew's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Up in the hills, Derbyshire
    Posts
    971
    Quote Originally Posted by dsaint View Post
    Hey Kahlil looking forward to seeing the pics. I wanted to do this conversion myself. I pm'd mattandrew twice after I saw his conversion to get info. He said to pm him in his post for anyone that was interested... but I never got a reply.

    Maybe you can fill me in?

    Tnx in advance

    regards
    I replied mate, I keep a record of all the conversion details i have sent out, ill dig it out tomorrow. Infact ive just listed all the retail prices in my original post

    Conversion from pre-facelift double grill bumper to facelift S-line bumper

    Quote Originally Posted by gordybaillie View Post
    I am really wanting to do this conversion aswel, how much did all the parts cost?

    Conversion from pre-facelift double grill bumper to facelift S-line bumper
    Last edited by mattandrew; 20th June 2008 at 02:56.
    Previous
    S
    3
    Ibis White - 2007

    Current
    A5 Ibis White - 2007
    S3 Black - 2001

    VCDS user

  8. #7
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    10
    Hey no worries Matt..just thought you were ignoring me I've got the info you just sent me. Excellent !

    Cheers mate

    Thanks again

    Regards

    Greg.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO