How To Check Whether It is a S-Line?

kaz219

Reaction score
Hi there.

Got my eye on a 2004 A3 2.0 TDI S-LINE but how do i check it's a proper S-Line.

Its got the badging, the steering wheel, DSG but how else would i know whether its a S-Line. It says Audi A3 Sport Tdi Auto (3 Door Hatchback) on a free hpi check but so does every other A3 S-Line Upto the Facelift model.

Would a proper HPI tell me whether its a S-Line?

Or, Can someone tell me how do i check whether it's a proper S-Line.

Thanks in Advance

As far as I know the S-Line was only available on the 3.2Q for at least 18 months of production which would be probably be mid 2005 before lower models came with it. Somebody else may be able to correct me on this though.

i've a 54 plate sline, black headlining is a good point, dont think anyone would change the lining just to make it look like a sline.
First slines 3.2Q or TDI DSG & wont state it on their documents it was a only trim choice.
First out in the June 04 broucher

S-Line had leather didnt it as standard.

Marc hows the new toy, lol, found my trigger wires for the mirrors, of all places got the pulses of the ****** petrol flap lock, lol, now can fold/unfold on lock/unlock, now just have to find the full closure wire on convenience module, then thats that one sorted.

im interested in how you do the mirrors thing fold on lock can you share the information

If someone will send me the 8P wiring schematics, then yeah I will when I've finished I will post some more info, no problem.

dont think anyone would change the lining just to make it look like a sline.

My non s-line sportback had black headlining so some people did spec it. (£395 if remember) However my car was built before the sportback s-line was launched so maybe the first owner was trying to build his own s-line? He also specced leather , 5 spoke alloys and ali dash trim. What ever he did his wife didn't like her new car as he sent it back and I snapped it up 1mth old 120 miles on the clock :lmfao:

Marc hows the new toy, lol, found my trigger wires for the mirrors, of all places got the pulses of the ****** petrol flap lock, lol, now can fold/unfold on lock/unlock, now just have to find the full closure wire on convenience module, then thats that one sorted.

It's going great! Although I have started it with the key a few times out of habit. I've been half way down the road before realising I didn't use the button.

I've posted the how-to guide in a new thread. You may have seen it already.

My non s-line sportback had black headlining so some people did spec it. (£395 if remember) However my car was built before the sportback s-line was launched so maybe the first owner was trying to build his own s-line? He also specced leather , 5 spoke alloys and ali dash trim. What ever he did his wife didn't like her new car as he sent it back and I snapped it up 1mth old 120 miles on the clock :lmfao:
I think you have to specify the black roof lining to get the interior lighting pack, or is it the other way round?

I have an 06 TDI S line and it is registered as Sport.

The reason is that the modifications stop at Sport (i.e. the suspension) and the rest is cosmetic so when it is registered it doesn't need to be S Line.

The way to tell the difference is to check everything an S line would have, includes:

S line racing seats with S line logo on them
S line badge on steering wheel and colour coded stitching
S line sills (the bottom of where you open the door on the car)
S line badge on front grill (it should NOT be on the back - people stick them on)
Genuine 5 arm wheels

Some pics:

Steering wheel example
Wheels and S line badge example
Seat example

Hope that helps.

just call audi customer services on 0800 699888

give them the reg they will give you the full model and spec inc factory fitted options for the vehicle also can tell you the service history as long as the previous owners used audi uk dealers !!

something like that yes I cant recall , my car had both

edit.. you have/had to spec the lighting in order to get the black, so all in all it would be around £700 to spec blacklining, therefore nobody does they just get the s-line!

just call audi customer services on 0800 699888

give them the reg they will give you the full model and spec inc factory fitted options for the vehicle also can tell you the service history as long as the previous owners used audi uk dealers !!

Thanks for that!

Will call them tommorrow.

Its the S-line for Sale on this forum with the RS4 wheels (N60 CAD)..

Does look genuine though its just a 3 hour drive from Manchester to past Cardiff to get it so its has to 100% spot on!

Cant wait...its a massive leap from my Golf and can't wait to start this project !!

BTW...You guys got a top forum here!! Definitly going to be sticking about. Thanks everyone for your input !!

:D