S3 wheel alignment

If they are wearing a bit more on the inside that is normal suspension setup... it they are worn evenly (I mean each tire same wear pattern... that is fine).

You can align only the front but if you are realigning all values and not only toe you should perform a check on the rear geometry as well... I mean camber and toe as well..

Pedro

iv found the same. the insides of my tyres are wearing and wondering whether its just tracking or does it need 4 wheel alignment. on the subject anyone know of anywhere good places in westmidlands?

it is normal.... Don't worry mate! You only need alignment if wear is different from left to right tyres.... But the S3 has negative camber on te front wheels so is really normal the inside wears more... But even wearing more mine have done almost 14k miles

Pedro

No wrong!
Front wheels are toe out if wearing inside edge.

Is it really too wrong?

Negative camber also makes wheels wear more on the inside.... And without knowing the actually standard suspension setup I would bet that car as negative camber on the fronts...

And I actually don't know the factory specs but a bit of toe out might be standard to improve corner entry...

Pedro

Please dont mix race car and road car settings.
For neg camber to wear the inside edges on the front of a car on road tyres you would be out side the factory specs. 0.5 neg degrees is plenty.
Toe out is not nice on a road car as this makes the car nervous under heavy braking.