Courtesy Car...Touareg 3.0 V6

magnus911

R8GGA
Reaction score
Website
www.it-tronics.co.uk
Hey Guys,

My car's gone in for its repair and they've given me a 3.0 TDI V6 Touareg as a courtesy car...and I can't understand why anyone would buy one!

I mean, it's a nice car, good to drive and quite responsive, but it cost over £120 to fill the tank with Diesel, it's averaging 22.9mpg (and I'm driving really slowly to see if i can improve it) and it's only got 220 HP or something.

Give me my 3.2 V6 anyday! I average closer to 27mpg and I know when i'm driving really economically on the motorway i can get closer to 33/4!

Is the Touareg that much heavier? And i though Diesel's were supposed to be economical!?

Hey Guys,

My car's gone in for its repair and they've given me a 3.0 TDI V6 Touareg as a courtesy car...and I can't understand why anyone would buy one!

I mean, it's a nice car, good to drive and quite responsive, but it cost over £120 to fill the tank with Diesel, it's averaging 22.9mpg (and I'm driving really slowly to see if i can improve it) and it's only got 220 HP or something.

Give me my 3.2 V6 anyday! I average closer to 27mpg and I know when i'm driving really economically on the motorway i can get closer to 33/4!

Is the Touareg that much heavier? And i though Diesel's were supposed to be economical!?

:uhm: Well I don't know how you're driving it then........ I have the V10 and average 24-25 without any problem

Claire's got a ml320Cdi and only averages low 20's in it but that is in and around town. On a run you might reach the dizzy heights of 27/28mpg...

Filling it up with Denzel at almost £1.30 a litre is a little painful...

But it's ****** good fun to cruise around in and it's surprisingly quick :)

J.

Our remapped X5 3.0d (2003 vintage) gets 27 mpg knocking around and my remapped 335d.......37.1!!!!!!!!!

A friend has a Q7 TDI and is lucky to get over 25 mpg, I can't imagine what it must be like to run a large petrol engined SUV like the RR Sport.

:uhm: Well I don't know how you're driving it then........ I have the V10 and average 24-25 without any problem

Maybe it's all the London driving, are you more rural?

Honestly, I was thinking of getting a car like this - it's so comfortable and imposing. Plus I love the hate you get from the tree-huggers out there! The only problem is I can't imagine owning a car that costs £130 to fill the tank!

On a slightly more A3-related note, I got a leasing offer today for the new (2009 MY) S3 with Bose and GSM for 349 + Vat/Month, based on 10k and 5+23...

That's pretty good right?

My Fabia rarely goes below 35mpg and on a trip to London the other weekend with 5 people in it doing about 80 all the way there it wouldnt shift from 49.1mpg....