S3 with spacers - RUBBING!!

L

L60N

Hi guys,

Well ive been out for some spirited driving today and the wheels are rubbing like a mofo!!

So i guess against the warnings ive learned a lesson.

I really want to keep 15mm to the rear so is there anything anybody can recommend to prevent it? Ive read somthing about removing the screw but its almost flush anyway so isnt the screww actually preventing the trye from ripping my back bumper off?

LoL!

I'll get a piccy in the meantime.

I have modified the rear arch by removing the screw and removing some of the material away from the problem area also..

My car is lowered on H&R springs and has et42 wheels.. Used to rub all the time but its fine now, apart from the very occasional small rub over extreme bumps

Ill show you at Inters anyways mate, only took 5mins a side to do and works perfectly..

Jonny

Was it in the same area as this Jonny?:

Which material are you talking about? Do i need to buy a dremel? :)

Yep, remove that screw and then remove part of the plastic behind the screw with a dremel type tool..

Dont worry about the bumper moving with the screw removed, mine has been fine since I did the modification about 1000 miles ago..

I had to do a similar type of modification to the front arch of my Golf GTI, amazing how a tiny bit of clearance makes all the difference..

Jonny

Cheers Jonny,

Driving it over some particularly amazing B-roads this morning and hit a dip in the road, then another, then another. Turned my weekend blast into a bum clenching Gurning competition between me and my mate!:laugh:

Well i did what you said Jonny, removed the screw, filed what i thought was enough. Hurled it round the same B road, still some minor rubbing on a couple of occasions (I was really trying this time though).

Looks like i need to go back with the file when I can be ***** Trouble is I need to jack the car up to drop the wheel down so I can get in *Groan* :)

Ah that sounds good, i took a reasonable amount of material away but there will be small differences in the tyre shape etc so as long as its only rubbing when your really pushing on down a very bumpy road then i'd say that you'll be ok!

ahhh L6ON, your like my test pilot buddy! :respekt:

Will we still be talking 5 seconds then till i want them?? ;)

ahhh L6ON, your like my test pilot buddy! :respekt:

Will we still be talking 5 seconds then till i want them?? ;)

You should go for 10mm to be safe. Or 15mm to be cool :cool:

DEMIAN YOU TOLD ME THEY WOULDNT RUB!!!!! ARRRRRRRRRRRGHH :motz: :)

I think 12 mil would be fine a Std ride hight.

p

Well ive got more than 3mm of black paint polished off the screw I took out so i'd have to disagree there mate. Someone with 10mm (cant remember who) said they have still had rubbing on bad roads.

Well ive got more than 3mm of black paint polished off the screw I took out so i'd have to disagree there mate. Someone with 10mm (cant remember who) said they have still had rubbing on bad roads.

I think that was JamS3 , but he's is lowererd.

If you think 12's will still rub then fair enough.

p

p

Ah lowering may not help. I definatley have closer to 5mm of rubbing on the screws FWIW.

p

Yes mate that was me, to save wasting money on 12mm mill which will probs still rub go for the 10mm and if you are not lowered they should be fine.