Intermittant Electric Window prob

B

Boydie

My drivers side window doesnt alway go down automatically when when I press and hold the button.

this is an intermittant problem and doesnt occur all the time - afaik nothing has come up on vagcom about it

any ideas? quite annoying sometimes!

Had this problem a week ago (lasting 2 days) on my soon 6 months old A3 - drivers side only.
At the same time none of the buttons on the remote could open or close any of the windows as well.
Tried everything, and suddenly everything was back to normal, and has been ever since.

The last thing I did before it all worked again was to exit the car, close all doors, lock it using the remote, and then I tried several times (3 or 4) to push and hold the unlock button to see if any windows went down - nothing happened, so I just locked the car and left it. 30 minutes later everything worked when I again unlocked the car and hold the unlock button, the windows went down, and the auto up- and down switches inside worked as well.

Beats me, maybe I hit some kind of reset procedure?

Yes there is a reset procedure. You open the window then close it again. Release the switch and then press and hold it again in the close position for a few seconds. This should reset the auto windows function.

I think If you press the down button a couple of times in quick succesion it knocks out the auto down function to let you make small adjustments, but after a day or so it will come back, or if you do as Staz1000 says you can bring it straight back.

I have exactly the same problem with the drivers window switch and remote closure. The dealer checked it out yesterday while carrying out the service and couldn't find anything wrong. I'll try the reset procedure "again" and see what happens!

Yes there is a reset procedure. You open the window then close it again. Release the switch and then press and hold it again in the close position for a few seconds. This should reset the auto windows function.

All my one-touch windows stopped working the other day. When I one-touch closed the drivers window, it then then opened itself again :ermm:. I then noticed the keyfob didnt work either.

Just tried this reset procedure and its worked! Worth noting - you do need to do the reset on each window and that sorted the key fob as well
I can now cancel my trip to the dealer, thanks very much :applaus:

BTW, the rear passenger window needed three reset attempts. It kept stopping halfway though when I tested one-touch closing and then started to open???

Tim