S3 Delivery

r18jsh

Reaction score
Hi all, 1st post on the forum so please be gentle :blush:

Orderd my s3 back in april, was given a estimated delivery date end of june.

Havnt heard from dealer and just gave him a phone, he dosnt know when car is going to be delivered as nothing has came up on his screen yet?!

I asked him about a build date and he says he also dosnt know and wont be able to find out. I may be wrong but after browsing the forum i take it when the car is orderd you get a build date?

He says he has phoned audi uk and they cant tell him nothing.

Is there something he is holding back from me?

Ur help would be much appreciated

Cheers

John

Urm, I dunno. I wouldnt say you 'get' a build date when you buy. At best it would be an estimate.

Still, since you have purchsed, they should be able to tell you exactly where it is in the system, i.e. not tell you nothing, but something.

He may be holding nothing back at all, and in fact he does know nothing, but purely because he cant be aresed to find out...

so, just get on down there and shake it up.

Something not right there. You may be able to use this to drive the agreed price down even further though. Start writing "edgy" letters to them and see where it leads .... sounds odd that though.

Each car has a consignment/commission number, it's issued when the car goes "build confirmed" at the factory. You should be able to get hold of your CN from the dealer.
So basically, no CN=no build date. :(

EDIT: and your delivery date is roughly 4 weeks after the build date.

Ask to speak with his boss as you are not happy, you should have some info by now this may give him a little kick up the **** as he sounds like a bit of a muppet to me, have had them myself at one of my local dealers, should be selling Kia's or something certainly not Audis.

Mark

When I ordered mine (last year) that they kept in touch with me by letter at each main step. I'd also contacted them about '08 changes and they sent me a screenshot of the order screen.

A week or so after ordering...
2nd May - letter to tell me its been ordered at the factory
9th May - letter to tell me car going into production 4th June
4th June - letter to tell me car is in production and due at dealer within 21 days
Think it was something like 20th June when I picked it up.

They were pretty good. First new car I've ever bought and was suprised it went smoothly.

Sounds like they're not being too open with you if you havent had any comms yet.

Hmmm, he should be able to tell you something.
As said, I'd head down to the dealers and ask to speak to the sames manager - play the whole I'm not spending £30k in a car only to be kept in the dark about what's going on.
If they have sold their allowance - negotiate you're Price down for the wait etc etc.
If they have not processed the order properly, ie, it's not gone through yet - again play war - get them to sort the deal out for you, or you're taking your money to a garage that manages to actually order the cars.
A mate of mine had this issue with his A4 S-line. He went ballistic as they we're actually spinning him lies, he eventually managed to get a brand new press car from Audi UK until his car arrived!!!

I'd ask for full clarification from the dealer

Thanks for your reply's guys.

I purchased it from highland audi up in inverness. He did tell me when i orderd he had no allocation but was able to swap his allocation around?

Im currently offshore in the cold north sea but home on tuesday, hopefully to sum good news if not ill have to pop down there.

I got my left hand drive S3 from Highland Audi as well.... excellent service from them... even due to the hassle of ordering a left hand drive one...

Who are you dealing with? is it Simon? Simon couldn't be more helpfull... I am pleased with them...

Maybe because he did not had allocation it proves more difficult to tell you when the car will be here?... Anyway you should be informed of what is going on...

Pedro