An excuse for a drive in the highlands

Cootie

Reaction score
Well, I've been roped in to support the Caledonian Challenge charity walk this weekend. Participants walking 54 miles over hilly terrain in 24 hours and I'll be acting as chef and driver for some of my work colleagues who'll be walking it.

Anyway, the key thing is that this will give me a great opportunity to take the S3 up to the roads around Fort William and Glencoe which are superb and a match for any roads I've tried in Britain. If you guys ever get the chance, the section between Fort William and the Isle of Skye is both picturesque and the most fun I've had on a public road.

First time up there since I got my car in Sept last year so will be interested to see how it compares to my old Cooper S.

Totally agree :thumbsup: I get up to the Highlands around the Glencoe area and there are some terrific drives around there. Once you get top side of Glasgow it's a pleasure to hold a driving licence again instead of the pain of driving with all the other Lemmings in the lower part of the UK.

I live in Cheshire and i absolutely hate turning south on that ****** M6 :(:(:( If i turn north my little fizzhog lights up :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Got to agree, best roads in the country,was up that way in 2006 wish I had the S3 then although did have fun in my 20TQ. Drove from Moffat to Peebles last year, that was an awesome road aswell, fast and empty.

Enjoy yourself anyway !!

Mark

I can recommend the A815/B836/A886/A8003 from Dunoon to Portavadie when you're late for the last ferry over to Tarbert and the last ferry over to Islay :)

We had a little sat-nav malfunction (ie 'user error')

Got to agree, best roads in the country,was up that way in 2006 wish I had the S3 then although did have fun in my 20TQ. Drove from Moffat to Peebles last year, that was an awesome road aswell, fast and empty.

Enjoy yourself anyway !!

Mark

Yes, the Moffat road is my favourite stretch close to my home in Edinburgh. Have been known to do a return trip there when I'm bored :laugh:

Yes, the Moffat road is my favourite stretch close to my home in Edinburgh. Have been known to do a return trip there when I'm bored :laugh:

Yes, truly special, you are lucky to have it on your doorstep,probably made even better when you know the road.

Mark