A3 Cab build dates

mighty tee

Reaction score
My wife has just ordered (end of May) a A3 cab 2.0Tdi S-Line (S-Tronic) and wondered how long before the dealer should be advising the build week?

Has anyone else ordered and when do you expect delivery?

Cheers Richard

Ordered my Cab 2.0TDI S-Line S-tronic 3rd March. From my understanding the S-line would be produced after the initial run of standard & sport. I have had confirmation of the build week being week 24 which is this week, so I am expecting to take delivery end of month - first week of July. Normaly you can expect delivery at around three weeks once you have the build date.:kissmyrings:

You should get the build date as soon as the dealer has confirmed the order with Audi UK. I got mine in 2 days.

I ordered a new facelift S3 on mid may and have been given mid aug build date so should have it around 1st sep.

You should get the build date as soon as the dealer has confirmed the order with Audi UK. I got mine in 2 days.

I ordered a new facelift S3 on mid may and have been given mid aug build date so should have it around 1st sep.

No they dont, the dealers puts the order through and until the manufacturer allocates you a build slot dependent on engine and options, the dealer would not know the build date. The process can take up to 4-5 weeks if theres huge demand for the car or lack of components. The dealer has a list of orders they put through on their Audi desktop displayign the status of each orders and they get updated by the factories, it has nothing to do with Audi UK.

The only reason I can think of why you got a build date so soon for the S3 is because they are planning to clear their entire first allocation of S3 on that week.

Thanks for the info. It has only been on order for 2 weeks, so it is me being impatient. :whistle2:

Would think you are looking at September