Just ordered my facelift SLine A3!!

spencerjoel

Reaction score
Hi all,
I just had to share the news!
About 2 weeks ago my 57 plate SLine A3 was written of by somebody veering onto my side of the road and causing a 50 MPH head on collision!!!

As a testament to the A3 I only suffered some bruises, a bashed knee and some whiplash, but the car was a complete mess.
Anyway, I have just finalised the spec for the Brand new replacement organised by my insurance company and wondered what you guys thought of the spec.

Its Monza Silver, Sline, with cruise, xenon plus with LED DRLs, light and rain sensors, interior light pack, MFSW(now standard), armrest(also standard), lumbar support and silver stitching. I just need to get a replacement RNS-E which was trashed in the old car and reinstall bluetooth.

I thought of going for full leather, but to be honest it kind of bugged me in the last one being so cold when you first get in and I was always really paranoid about scratching/tearing it

If anyone wants to see the pics of a six month old mashed up A3 let me know and I will post em.

Sounds good mate! What engine are you going for this time? Can't wait to see a facelift in the flesh. I'm hoping to order the new S3 very soon.

Get the pics up also.

Nice spec, I didnt opt for the full leather also because I cant stand it. It's slippery, cold in the winter and hot in the summer, was very tempted by the Alcantara seats though but I heard they require special treatment.

I phoned up today to add Ipod connection for my car and to ask for a build date also, they said theres been movements on my order over the weekend and can expect a build date this week. Oh happy days

I have the Alcantara seats in my current S3 and they dont need any special treatment, they still look like the first day I picked the car up.

What build week did you get?

My S3 facelift order has been pushed back slightly from build week 32 to 34.

I had no choice on the engine, it had to be the same as the car it was replacing, 140 2.0 diesel. I was pretty happy with the engine though, no complaints so pleased to have the same again.

I cant seem to add attachments to posts, but I have put the pics up on some webspace, have a look:)

http://www.univibeaudio.co.uk/crashpics

If somebody knows how to post attachments please let me know and I will post them up on here

Put your photos on a hosting site like photobucket then paste the link from there into the post you are typing, easy!

See yours is due 20/08/08 from your sig, is that the build week or the week it arrives in the uk?

That is the estimated delivery date. The person I spoke to mentioned the build date but I was driving at the time and didn't get chance to write it down, but I think it was around the last week July or first week of August.

Mine started off the first week in August also (week 31) but has been pushed back since then!

I ordered 19/05/08

the same happened with my last one, it was due to be delivered in June and was pushed back to September in the end!!
So, I am definitely expecting it to be pushed back, and for all that time I gotta drive around in the crappy focus the insurance company have hired me, better than nothing though I suppose!!

Snap mate I'm handing my S3 in end of this month. I can save taxing it and tyres etc and have a ***** primera N reg to run around in which was free so I just hope its not late!

If you click the image icon
insertimage.gif
and then paste the URL into the popup window you'll be able to post the images.

Like this:
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Marc...

That means my FBMFSW with airbag will be available from the end of this month.....

Crikey, that is a testament to the strength of the car if you only had minor injuries - that looks like a nasty impact.

Glad to hear you're ok.

yeah, inside the whole centre console is pushed forward and the gear stick is smashed into the vehicle! even the roof is badly crumpled.

But the drivers seat and passenger seat areas are completely intact and most of my injuries are actually from the seat belt, but I cannot imagine what would have happened if I wasn't wearing one.

All of the officers, fire crew and ambulance crew were amazed that we were both able to walk away