New Clutch?

xs2man

Reaction score
Hi guys.

I am wondering how strong the clutch in my 2.0 TDi would be? I am wanting a remap, and would like this info first. So my question is, what sort of power will it take? Well torque is probably what I'm really asking.

What sort of clutch should I replace it with should I decide I want to? Make / price etc.... And where to get? I have looked in the usual places from my VW days, but cant really seem to find a replacement for the A3.

What bhp is your engine at the minute?

if its a 140PD i would recommend a remap in and around the 170/175bhp mark - anything more in my opinion is a bit pointless and the TC goes daft when flooring it

I have 175bhp and 300 lb/ft

My clutch.....is tempermental. if I am low in the revs and high gear and accelerate, it can slip slightly but this is easily solved - just keep the revs higher than normal and dont let the revs go below 1500 in 6th gear

havent had a problem in weeks

but i forsee myself having my flywheel replaced soon so I may as well get a new clutch

you can get an organic clutch for the 2.0tdi's which can handle a lot more torque than the standard one but I am not sure who makes them

If you know anything about this golf, it has an organic clutch, uprated turbo etc.. 240bhp or so - the guy is a member of oxford edition and I have his magazine feature somewhere and I will see if the clutch make is mentioned

IMG_2229.jpg