A3 Facelift Brochure In Pdf Format Full Specification Models Etc

newsboy

Reaction score
i have the new A3 facelift brochure in Pdf format it has the full specification and all the model/ including options colours etc how i do i upload for all to see
thanks.

Hey newsboy,

Great! Can't wait to see it.

Typical though that someone on the forums gets a hold of the PDF before it's up on the Audi site!

You could always upload it to one of the file sharing sites.

Any chance you can email me the PDF?

Well done for getting new first hand info once again! You can upload it the popular filesharing sites like rapidshare.com or megaupload.com or you can email me the file and I ll upload it somewhere for the forum, I pm'd you my email address.

Nice one.....been patiently for Audi to pull their fingers out. Was told yesterday that it would be the middle of JULY before brochures are released!

newsboy - would you mind emailing it to me, please? I'll pm you my email addy.

Thanks and good find!

^ ^ ^ I think we're all waiting for the info to be hosted and posted.

Following on from newsboy's post that the new brochure and pricelist was available in PDF format I send an email to my sales contact asking when the brochures would be available. I have just received a reply with a copy of the PDF brochure attached.

So if anyone wants a copy send me a PM with your email address and I will forward you a copy by return.

I will also put a copy on my personal website and post a link as soon as I've done it. Within the hour!!

cheers mate. The back end of the new S-Line in the brochure looks amazing, probably cos of the new diffuser on the rear bumper.

Edit: Noticed the new 1.4TFSI also has the same 0-62 sprint speed as the 2.0TDI 140PS now, go refinement go!

If case any one interested in a Diesel hasn't noticed, both the 140 and the 170 now come with a Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF).

The only other thing that would effect me is that Xenon headlights are now only available as an option on the S-Line and as standard on the S3. Everyone else has to make do with halogen headlights. A great leap backwards !! I see many more A3s fitted with aftermaket Xenon kits or retro-fitted OEM xenons with the LED driving lights and no automatic levelling or headlamp washers.

cheers mate. The back end of the new S-Line in the brochure looks amazing, probably cos of the new diffuser on the rear bumper.

Edit: Noticed the new 1.4TFSI also has the same 0-62 sprint speed as the 2.0TDI 140PS now, go refinement go!

Thanks for that PDF excellent I notice that the emissions for the S3 is now 199 will that fall in the new lower car tax bracket?

Band J (181-200g/km) as oppose to Band K (201-225g/km). That is if the new VED rates actually makes it through, the government is under so much pressure recently cos of Fuel Duty tax and VED tax

Nice one I am sure something will change nice too see could even be cheaper to tax then (-:

The first thing I look for (CO2 on the 170 engine) is TBC!

134 CO2 for the 140 diesel isn't too bad, neither is 171 for the 2 litre turbo petrol

The first thing I look for (CO2 on the 170 engine) is TBC!

134 CO2 for the 140 diesel isn't too bad, neither is 171 for the 2 litre turbo petrol

The Audi Germany website gives the same 134 for the 140 diesel and 148 for the 170 diesel. That's a bit less than the current 157 for the 170 diesel.

Cheers David - I've just been looking around and I think you'll be right for the 170 quattro - I'm guessing it could / will be a little less for the non quattro but the German's only have the ability to buy the 170 as a quattro so can't check that out.

Few observations, questions:

1. The 1.8T is now 0.4 seconds quicker to 60, but power output looks the same, what has changed to make the facelift quicker? :think:
2. What is the point of a 7 speed DSG over a 6 speed? Although its quicker to 60...
3. The 170 TDi cant have the 7 speed DSG, just the 6.
3. The std sport alloys on my 2007 are now a £450 option! Not keen on the new std alloys.
4. The SE model now does not come with much kit, but then again is a lot cheaper...
5. Do you reckon Audi have improved the sound proofing as part of the facelift?

Cheers,

Tim
Edited to clean up spelling.

hang on, is the S3 now lower emissions?..
This is making my imminent acceptance of a non facelift S3 harder and harder!

Yes, looks like the CO2 value is going down from the current 217 to 201.

Few observations, questions:

1. The 1.8T is now 0.4 seconds quicker to 60, but power output looks the same, what has changed to make the facelify quicker? :think:
2. What is the point of a 7 speed DSG over a 6 speed? Although its quicker to 60...
3. The std sport alloys on my 2007 are now a £450 option! Not keen on the he new std alloys.
4. What is the point of the SE model now, doesnt come with much kit, but then again is a lot cheaper...
5. Do you reckon Audi have improved the sound proofing as part of the facelift?

Cheers,

Tim

1. New model has a new flat underbody design which decrease drag (ala wind resistance) mainly to reduce CO2 emission but also improves general aerodynamics allowing for a faster sprint time across the entire range.

2. New 7 speed DSG uses a pair of dry clutches instead of wet clutches which reduces weight as well as other improvements.

4. The new SE model are there to appeal to fleet buys as it has a much more attractive price compared to the old one, the decrease in price and option allows the buyer to choose exactly what they want. Audi stated that if you was to spec the new SE to old SE spec, the price would be very similar.

2. New 7 speed DSG uses a pair of dry clutches instead of wet clutches which reduces weight as well as other improvements.

Cool, wonder why it cant handle the higher torque engines though?

Cool, wonder why it cant handle the higher torque engines though?

The old 6spd DSG can only handle up to 300Nm of torque afaik. The new one has a much higher torque rating but I think its in the process of being fine tuned as the DSG S3 is suppose to be launched later in the year.

The old 6spd DSG can only handle up to 300Nm of torque afaik. The new one has a much higher torque rating but I think its in the process of being fine tuned as the DSG S3 is suppose to be launched later in the year.

The limit for the DSG always used to be given as 350Nm although I'm sure this was being a little conservative. My current A3 2.0 TDI-170 Sportback produces 350Nm of torque and has a 6-speed DSG gearbox.

TV is missing as an option extra is it not?

Also on page 35 what re the buttons on the sat nav picture? Is one audi magnetic suspension. What about the others

The 2 on the right of the mag suspensions are Parking assist buttons

Yes, looks like the CO2 value is going down from the current 217 to 201.

Thats the S3 Sportsback figures, the 3 door is 199g/km. Doesnt change the tax band this year but it ll affect the next year's banding.

The 3.2 quattro has been discontinued from Model Year 2009. So has the 2.0TFSI quattro manual, replaced by the 2.0TFSI quattro S-Tronic. There will also be a 2.0TDI (170PS) quattro manual, probably from September 2008.