EM TuningVolks Autos
    S3IZZO

Sump guard/skid plate

Has anyone seen anything like this for the A3 platform?

More to the point, if I enquired about getting something like this fabricated would there be any interest in something like this?
    Last edited by S3IZZO; 5th June 2008 at 11:36.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Boydie
    Looks custom made so you would have to go to a metal fabricators to get it done

Be carefull though if you do go down this line as you may get sparks if you catch the sump on the deck

You shouldnt need something like that though

the deisel engine is lower than the petrol, you and I both have 19" rims, I am lower though and my sump is perfect over ****ty irish roads!

S3IZZO
    It's a DieselGeek sump guard - I was looking under my car the other day and there isn't that much room tbh and i'd rather be safe than sorry.

L60N
    You could remove the plastic one and give it to a fabricators to replicate in steel :D

On Boost

Status
    I wouldn't want to add anymore weight to an already " fat " car.

p

L60N
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom View Post
    I wouldn't want to add anymore weight to an already " fat " car.

p
    I think the word is "phat"

Any way, it could be done in ali which wouldnt add too much weight, but it wouldnt add any real protection either.

I am assuming its protection thats required. It cant be from an aesthetic POV, you cant see the bugger :P
    Last edited by L60N; 5th June 2008 at 12:13.

On Boost

Status
    It goes without saying it's " phat " but it's also a " fat " tw@t!

p

6th Gear

Status
    May be worth enquiring at you local dealer as ETKA lists one for the 8P.

Paul
    2011 (MY12) Skoda Octavia II FL VRS Manual Hatch 2.0Tsi in Race Blue.
    Gone not forgotten -
    2005 Black A3 (8P1) S-Line 2.0TDi DSG. Eibach Pro Springs, Koni FSD shocks and a few bling bits inside.
    Revo 99 GTi Turbo, too much to list mod wise.
    92 Golf Gti Mark 2 16V.

VCDS HEX-USB+CAN

Neutral

Status
    I have been considering one of these dieselgeek panzer plates.

Two weeks ago, whilst following a 4x4 on the main road here, I went round the corner and from under the 4x4 appeared a great big chunk of wood! which proceeded to get lodged under the engine next to the sump. Not so great having to stop on an uphill blind corner with the car jacked up with your head underneath at night time!

Result? cracked crappy plastic sheild, for which audi in norway charge about 180 pounds!

When driving in winter I hear the ice scraping the plastic, and i think a big enough chunk of ice could hole the sump, so now that its time to change I am seriously considering one of these.

Has anyone got one of these now? I am not gonna bother asking audi the cost of the steel one here.

As far from JBS as possible !

Status
    I have an offical audi steel sump guard. I wrote about the price with some pics on THIS thread.
    06 Audi 2.0 PD140 Sport TDI Quattro S-LINE.
    Old engine 330 bhp @ flywheel 263 bhp @ wheel 490 lb torque. Audidriver write up HERE
    Now stripped and playing with an uprated Cryo treated engine fitted with bigger turbo,water/methanol,uprated injectors etc etc.Wanting 400 bhp and 500 lb torque.

Other car 500+ bhp MK4 Golf R32 turbo.

Neutral

Status
    Hi Mike, yeah, I read about your official audi steel sump guard, and price, but was interested in seeing if anybody has imported the alloy dieselgeek one. The stealers in Norway really are stealers, when you consider that a new S3 costs 75 000 pounds!

So I'm not gonna ask the local garage about price, and if I import, i was considering the slightly lighter (I assume its lighter) alloy version, instead of steel from Audi UK.

Anyone had experience with the "panzer plate"? how well it fits etc.?

1st Gear

Status
    Looking at getting a steel sump guard for mine, anything new arose since this thread died?