PDI Options??

dalepearson

Reaction score
Hiya Guys,

My new Audi is being delivered on Wednesday, wooohooo.
Its being PDI'd on Monday, and I wondered if they are still supposed to ask you if you want the auto locks at 10KPH etc, and other VAG COM type related options.

Any tips on what is available? Do you have to ask or are your prompted?

When I got my LCR many moons ago I was asked and given options, with my A3 2 years ago nothing was ever mentioned, so I just wondering what the current state of play is.

Thanks in advance.
Dale

I think you will find the auto door locking is set as standard but you could check with the dealer. You may also wish to consider the type of door un-locking - single press unlocks all doors or single press only un-locks the drivers door with a second press required to un-lock the other doors and tailgate. I also asked my dealer to change the code so that the instrument lighting is on at all times rather than just when the lights are on. This used to be the case with my previous A3s.

I think its more a proactive than reactive thing now... i.e. you gotta tell them how you want it done, rather than them asking how you want it done.

Theres a thread somewhere about the various options.... will take a bit of searchin tho.

and that's assuming the options are there! I asked for the delayed single wipe after a screen wash/wipe, to catch the inevitable dribbles (as per the car's manual!) only to be told it's no longer available....

I'd ask for the alarm beep to be switched on (little beep that tells you the car is locked).
I intend to ask for that to be switched on in my new car, if it's available.
I miss it.

Take it as it comes and then bob it back in when you have tried things to get it tweeked. I did and only had to wait for 30 minutes which was just long enough to have a coffee and a butchers at the RS6 and A3 cab in the showroom. Drool ! RS6 thats for.

Take it as it comes and then bob it back in when you have tried things to get it tweeked. I did and only had to wait for 30 minutes which was just long enough to have a coffee and a butchers at the RS6 and A3 cab in the showroom. Drool ! RS6 thats for.

The problem is that if it's not done before you collect the car some dealers will try and charge for making changes. It all depends on the dealer.