Need some recommendations for a breaker's yard.

boggysv

Reaction score
I need your help mate. I am doing a 2.0T quattro conversion and need the names of some good wreck yards out there so I can locate all the bits I need for the conversion and have them sent crated over to the States.
A member from another forum asked me this, I'm drawing a blank. I've linked him here, so if you guys can kindly respond to this thread it'd be great. I suppose the nationality of the yard doesnt really matter as long as they have the stuff. UK, South Africa, Australia or even Poland should be fine.

Reckon he wants to convert his 2.0t FWD into quattro (or rather, haldex).

Thanks in advance.

He car looks mighty fine btw.
P1000094.jpg

http://forums.fourtitude.com/zerothread?id=3608833

Well what's he converting from what to what?
To be honest he might as well do a web search for Audi and performance breakers. Depending what he wants, a lot of desireable Audi parts are like rocking horse poo. I've always drawn a blank when searching for parts down that route. In fact breakers yards often don't even like separating parts off cars like S-Lines and S3's in my experience....

Paul.

Ah...forgot to mention, they only get the 2.0t fwd or the 3.2q in the usa, both sportbacks only.

He has a 2.0t and wants to do a quattro conversion. Suppose he'd be mainly interested in the running gear and driveline components.

Hmm... Might struggle with components like that. Sounds like a LOT of work and for how much gain?
Given the price of petrol in the US i'd just shop the car in for the 3.2Q. Economy isn't really an issue is it.
I understand he's probably done a shed load of work on his car so that'd be wasted trading/selling it but he could be wasting more money by doing this conversion?
Wouldn't he have to have the whole car set up totally differently? E.g. to run with Haldex. Surely there are a number of components which will have to change, not just the drive shaft and axle?
It's actually making my head hurt just thinking about it.... Good luck to him though!

Paul.