Turbo Spool Noise after Remap on S3

whiteunderarm

Reaction score
Hey guys,

recently had my s3 remapped and have noticed that the turbo spool noise is much much more noticable...alsmot like a whistling noise before the power kicks in...didnt have this before the remap so just checking if this is normal? :think: Car runs fine but have noticed a bit of a flat spot around 5500 - 6000 rpm...im having a different map loaded this week so we'll see if the flat spot is sorted.

The extra noise sounds normal. Which map did you go for? The flat spot might have something to do with your plugs, have a search around.

Normal stuff, remaps usually raise turbo boost pressure so turbo needs to work harder, spool faster/sooner... All normal I would say.

Pedro

Hey guys,

recently had my s3 remapped and have noticed that the turbo spool noise is much much more noticable...alsmot like a whistling noise before the power kicks in...didnt have this before the remap so just checking if this is normal? :think: Car runs fine but have noticed a bit of a flat spot around 5500 - 6000 rpm...im having a different map loaded this week so we'll see if the flat spot is sorted.

Hey dude
When did you remap and what software did you go with?

I had Revo loaded yesterday on B6 T4 settings. Turbo noise is definitely much more noticeable and I know Shaun and other Revo dudes have noticed the same. So definitely normal. Flat spot sounds strange though. Need to check that out

Hey dude
When did you remap and what software did you go with?

I had Revo loaded yesterday on B6 T4 settings. Turbo noise is definitely much more noticeable and I know Shaun and other Revo dudes have noticed the same. So definitely normal. Flat spot sounds strange though. Need to check that out

Try B7, T6, F9. Had this on my MK5 Golf, was amazing, always on Shell Vmax of course..

cheers
Paul

Hey bro, i went with FRC...Preggie is excellent and i heard good stuff about them so thought id give them a try this time around seeing as i had REVO on my GTI. Im waiting for the forge intake from pregs but apparently there's a stock shortage :banghead:. as soon as thats in im going with stage 2 software...cant wait...following in the steps of Shaun but not quite sure im willing to fork out 12k for the exhaust...hopefully we have a cheaper local option soon :shrug: As for the flat spot pregs is going to do some checking tomorrow to see what it could be...hopefully it'll all be sorted :icon_thumright: how's the revo? noticable difference or not really? i must say with my GTI the difference wasn't that noticable even though i knew it was better...

Try B7, T6, F9. Had this on my MK5 Golf, was amazing, always on Shell Vmax of course..

cheers
Paul

Thanks
Sadly down here in South Africa, the best we get is 95 octane. (You guys V-max is around 98 or 99 hey?) So timing 4 is about as good as we can go on pump fuel. But I may go play around this weekend once it adapts and do some VAG logs to find the best

Thanks
Sadly down here in South Africa, the best we get is 95 octane. (You guys V-max is around 98 or 99 hey?) So timing 4 is about as good as we can go on pump fuel. But I may go play around this weekend once it adapts and do some VAG logs to find the best

Enjoy ;)

Hey bro, i went with FRC...Preggie is excellent and i heard good stuff about them so thought id give them a try this time around seeing as i had REVO on my GTI. Im waiting for the forge intake from pregs but apparently there's a stock shortage :banghead:. as soon as thats in im going with stage 2 software...cant wait...following in the steps of Shaun but not quite sure im willing to fork out 12k for the exhaust...hopefully we have a cheaper local option soon :shrug: As for the flat spot pregs is going to do some checking tomorrow to see what it could be...hopefully it'll all be sorted :icon_thumright: how's the revo? noticable difference or not really? i must say with my GTI the difference wasn't that noticable even though i knew it was better...

Cool bro! Yeah Preggie is great. Was going to go with them for the GTI just before I sold it. On the S, I liked the way Shauns drove and decided on Revo. Much of a muchness anyway. Definitely noticeable and hope to feel it more as it adapts. Was rather disappointed in stock form as it didnt feel much faster than my GTI but now it feels like what I imagine an S3 should feel like.

Also enquired about the Forge intake from Preggie. No stock now but I'm in no hurry. Will do it in steps. Also was contacted by Devan about EVOMS intakes but apparently they need to be modified to fit the S3 which I dont want to do. In any case, Revo doesnt have a final stage 2 file available yet. Will also do the fuel pump upgrade. Preggie recommends Milltek but I may just get downpipe to begin with and then see if the full TBE is worth getting.

Btw.. Ford ST club is having a dyno day at Snail on Sunday. Just waiting for pricing for 4wd cars and then would like to go through to get a reading. Did you get a before and after dyno with Preggie? Would love to see if you can.

My turbo noise is fairly loud now without any remap, especially with the window open.

Is everyones like this in standard form?

yeap... whistling all the time... I wish I heard the exhaust a bit more instead oh the whistle... but at least is different!!!

Pedro

mines standard and I can hear a whistle even with the window shut.

Mines the same, just enough 'turbo' noise and compared to the old S3, the exhaust sounds way better!

Yeah same. Turbo is much louder than it was on my GTI. Could also hear it with the window shut when S3 was stock. Just louder now and makes a rather different noise than just a whistle

Would love to be at the dyno day but i have something on...will c if i cant get out of it tho because i would love to see what the car is making now after the software...gotta say in this chilly weather the car feels amazing :)