For S3 owners... note the detail!!

newbiecrg

windsurfer
Reaction score
Well it takes time to appreciate certain details of our car.
Yesterday I just looked to the aluminium piece on the steering wheel... The three spoke aluminium is a very nice single piece of craftmanship.

Go out and check yours I always though it was just some bits on the steering wheel but actually it is a one piece thing. I was happy!

Although I commented many times how bored the S3 was becoming I must say I can now see its use... I like it as an everyday, all round car now... not sure if I will trade it in know... For fun me and my cousin are buying a E36 M3 and we are going to make it track ready....

Pedro

i love my S3 that much, another 6 months im going to px myn and get another new one
the car rocks

The S3 is very, very capable and well built with great attention to detail.

It's not 'exciting' though. Having said that I am seriously considering getting another instead of the TTS - all discount dependant. Having sold the S3 I can admit to missing many of it's all round abilities and if I do go for another at least I will know what spec I would choose, if you compare the S3 to the TTS it starts to look like excellent value for money :)

after reading this thread I thought WTF are you on about,

but yesterday I removed the parcel shelf and saw the weights that dangle/stop the rope from getting thru the hole.

I honestly think that they are the most beautiful parcel shelf rope weights I have ever had the pleasure of owning in a car. :Flush:

Have you read the review of the TT-S in this months Evo Martin?

J.

Yes J.

It follows in the footsteps of the S3 and it's previous reviews along the lines of Good but not exciting. I've gone full circle now and am excited about getting the TTs now as I have seen a coupkle in the metal and they look amazing - IMO of course, roll on september.:)

but yesterday I removed the parcel shelf and saw the weights that dangle/stop the rope from getting thru the hole.

I honestly think that they are the most beautiful parcel shelf rope weights I have ever had the pleasure of owning in a car. :Flush:

That doesn't sound as impressive as what's on my Golf. The rope automatically retracts into it's housing when removed form the tailgate. Now, that's impressive. :yes:

Yes J.

It follows in the footsteps of the S3 and it's previous reviews along the lines of Good but not exciting. I've gone full circle now and am excited about getting the TTs now as I have seen a coupkle in the metal and they look amazing - IMO of course, roll on september.:)

Sorry i know you've said this before in a thread but mind me asking how much the TTS is coming in at?
I've been considering options to replace the A3 this year. Really wasn't bothered about the idea of the TTS at first but now i keep seeing pictures and i might consider a lightly used one in dolphin/lava grey early next year if it's worth the wait.
Never been a big fan of the TT shape but the TTS with the better sports kit just makes more sense. Nice car.

Paul.

TFSI, hobby or interest? Whats the then... does it involve spare time cause thats what Im in massive lack of! ;)

davemk, retract themselves? Woah!!!! ;)

davemk, retract themselves? Woah!!!! ;)

Oh yessss.....very impressive. In fact, I might even do a video on the mobile to show it in all it's recoiling beauty :yahoo:. Even the housing is neatly located underneath the shelf.

after reading this thread I thought WTF are you on about,

God I think they were a stupid idea real pain in the **** when you need to remove the shelf for loading more in boot.

So I thought of my old S3 & did a mod, took them of & bought the older S3 style sprung loaded rewind ones that slip back into the retainer & fitted them to me 8P, wicked now they dont dangle & disappear like my old S3 did.

You can buy them from audi parts & just drill slightly bigger holes, use the same small round trims to hide the holes & glue the retainers underneath with araldite, cant see a thing, stealth like & a hell of alot better than those fecking dangling balls, the fittings on the end of the rope are the same so they clip into the boot to raise up as normal.

The old ones look like a rubber conker for gods sake, lol, lol

That doesn't sound as impressive as what's on my Golf. The rope automatically retracts into it's housing when removed form the tailgate. Now, that's impressive. :yes:

Ah I must have missed that post, dohhhhhhhhhhhh

Oh well at least you know can be done as a mod to the 8P now.

BUT why the feck did the golf have the sprung loaded retainers but not the 8P as the 8L did, I mean what is this 1 step forwards & 10 back, its like removing the Off button on the climate, where did I put that off button, ****** miss that big time, sad but handy.

Audi wake up stop removing ****, just add!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah I must have missed that post, dohhhhhhhhhhhh

Oh well at least you know can be done as a mod to the 8P now.

BUT why the feck did the golf have the sprung loaded retainers but not the 8P as the 8L did, I mean what is this 1 step forwards & 10 back, its like removing the Off button on the climate, where did I put that off button, ****** miss that big time, sad but handy.

Audi wake up stop removing ****, just add!!!!!!!!!!!

I must confess, I'm surprised that the Audi doesn't have this. It's a nice little bit of attention to detail. Good to hear that it can be added though.

Now, if Kontrabond had some spare time..............:yahoo:

Yeah kinda stupid not to have if had before but also same as why did they remove the off button on climate, god they **** me of sometimes, lol.

hahahah I did actually put that post up with sarcasm, as Ive only ever removed my parcel shelf once, and dont intend on doing it again ;)

But... its good to know if the weird ball things annoy peeps they can them for retractable...