Monster MotorsportBadger5
    5th Gear

Status

Route advice - Manchester to South Wales

SatNav is throwing up three different options (M6 then M5; A483 all the way down; west coast via Dollgellau) and the AA and RAC routeplanners disagree with each other !

Anyone out there know the best (quickest - 2 year old in the back so not after Stelvio-like swithbacks) route ? Manchester to Llanelli is the journey ...
    Phantom Black S3, RNS-E with SDS Hack , BOSE, Sunroof, iPod, ITG CAI, Forge DV, Milltek TBE, Revo Stage 2+, Autotech HPFP, Sachs clutch, Lamin-X, BBS Pescaras, H&R springs, H&R ARBs, NGK Iridium Plugs, Vagcom.

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    The A483 is a nice scenic route but I wouldn't go to S Wales that way. I'd opt for M6, M5, M50. Either way, it's a fair old jaunt!

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by davemk View Post
    The A483 is a nice scenic route but I wouldn't go to S Wales that way. I'd opt for M6, M5, M50. Either way, it's a fair old jaunt!
    Agreed, then pick up the M4 at Newport and it's motorway all the way to the Llanelli turn-off at J48. One word of caution - the road works which start at Cardiff Gate (J30? sorry - don't have junction nos immediately to hand) do go on for several miles and can cause a considerable hold-up.

Another option would be, coming down the M50 to Ross on Wye, then Monmouth, then take a right at Raglan and head towards Abergavenny and the 'Heads of the Valley' link. This will take you onto the A465 which is a pleasant road, a little hilly in parts and sections still in three lane mode, but overall it's not a bad link. Take the A465 then join the M4 at Llandarcy (Neath) and head west to Llanelli.
    Last edited by erisaman; 30th May 2008 at 23:30.

5th Gear

Status
    Great - thanks for the advice people. Speak soon !
    Phantom Black S3, RNS-E with SDS Hack , BOSE, Sunroof, iPod, ITG CAI, Forge DV, Milltek TBE, Revo Stage 2+, Autotech HPFP, Sachs clutch, Lamin-X, BBS Pescaras, H&R springs, H&R ARBs, NGK Iridium Plugs, Vagcom.