JMB RetrofitsSky Insurance
    Lets make that kitten purr...

Status

Retro-Fit Puddle Lights

Seems like a nice fairly cheap mod in theory, but does anyone know if it is a simple plug 'n' play jobbie along the lines of the ambient light pack?
    2008 A3 1.8T FSI S-line Phantom Black, Bose, iPod Dock, Front Centre Armrest, Storage Pack, Aluminium Pedals, H&R Spacers, Eibach Pro's, Ambient Lighting, Pressed plates with Ingolstadt surrounds.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Looks like you need to buy the lights 6Y0 947 411 - seems to be a set of 2. This is to replace the reflector in the edge of the door.

There is a flat contact housing which plugs into it 893 971 632.

The puddle lights are: 8D0 947 415 (same no for front and rear) and the connector is 893 971 632 also.

Presumably you then just need to take power from whereever the door open signal is sent and bob's your uncle. You'll probably also need to cut a hole in the bottom of the door panel for the light to clip into.

Lets make that kitten purr...

Status
    Can someone do me a favor and post a pic of said puddle lights? On and off if poss?

Just want to compare to my door to get the general idea.

Ta very much.
    2008 A3 1.8T FSI S-line Phantom Black, Bose, iPod Dock, Front Centre Armrest, Storage Pack, Aluminium Pedals, H&R Spacers, Eibach Pro's, Ambient Lighting, Pressed plates with Ingolstadt surrounds.

6th Gear

Status
    This is the ETKA diagram for them (circled)

And this is a picture I found on one of the Audi web pages. A bit small, but you get the gist: