Sky InsuranceVolks Autos

Thread: New S3 Owner

SiT
    Neutral

Status

New S3 Owner

Hi All

Just wanted to say a hello and a thank you to the folks on this forum. I've been lurking around this site for a couple of months gaining some first-hand owner knowledge on the S3 prior to a purchase.

Happy to say i purchased a phantom black with red & black leather S3... its wicked!

Thanks for such a great site

2. # ADS
    ADS

S3 (8P)

Status
    Nice one. Did you find the car localy?

Im also in Tyne&Wear and ended up travelling to Slough! to get the right car for the right money.
    Granted there were a few around in the Dealer network but Jesus they were pricey.

Enjoy and good luck.

Cheers
    Paul

On Boost

Status
    Fastest colour! get some pics up mate with plenty of interior shots!

p

5th Gear

Status
    I very nearly went for the red / black two tone in mine but bottled it in case it looked like the inside of a brothel. Then I saw one in the showroom a few months later which had it and I regretted it. Looks ace.

Good choice SiT
    Phantom Black S3, RNS-E with SDS Hack , BOSE, Sunroof, iPod, ITG CAI, Forge DV, Milltek TBE, Revo Stage 2+, Autotech HPFP, Sachs clutch, Lamin-X, BBS Pescaras, H&R springs, H&R ARBs, NGK Iridium Plugs, Vagcom.

L60N
    Welcome to the club. You will find everybody here is really nice and helpful... apart from Bowfer

1st Gear

Status
    Welcome to the club SiT, only had my S3 for 2 weeks. Lovely car..... and love the colour, good choice. Enjoy washing it often to keep it clean! lol

Sites full of helpful people and lots of useful info....
    Sold:Audi S3 (2008 8P2 with upgrades by NHN)
    Phantom Black
    , Bucket Seats, Sunroof, Parking Sensors, FBMFSW, Armrest Phone Prep, Privacy Glass, ILP, FTW, BOSE, RNSE MkII SDS & AMI, Cruise Control, MY11 Folding/Dimming Mirrors, MY11 Rear Lights, Auto Lights/Wipers

GlasgowRangersFC

Status
    This site is the business. The boys here know everything there is to know about the A3/S3. IF they can't help or advise you then nobody can.
    Gone...Brilliant Black 2008 A3 Turbo FSi Sport, Dual Climate Zones, Piano Black Inserts, Rain and Light pack, Xenon Plus, Armrest, ConcertII+, 18" S5 Wheels, 35mm Springs, Parking Sensors and a few other toys

Coming...2010 white BMW e90 320d M Sport, steptronic, 19'' CSL reps, H&R Sport Springs, Dakota Leather, Full+Full

Up the owls!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by GlasgowRangers View Post
    This site is the business. The boys here know everything there is to know about the A3/S3. IF they can't help or advise you then nobody can.

... and if you want to know anything about BMW's, this is the place to be as well, whether you like it or not
    March 2011 - B8 Audi S4, Ibis White, S-Tronic, Leather / Alcantera Super Sports Seats, Heated Front Seats, Advanced Key, Tech Pack High, Electrically folding and auto dimming mirrors

SOLD - 8P Audi S3. Brilliant Black, FBMF wheel, Bose, RNS-E, Auto lights/wipers, Cruise control, Tyre pressure monitor, Parking sensors, Interior light pack, GSM phone prep, Armrest, Privacy glass, Electrically folding mirrors.

SiT
    Neutral

Status
    Cheers chaps for the welcome, i'll get some pictures up of the interior when i figure out how to...

PaulAr - didn't source it locally, prices were too steep for a very minimum spec. I ended up down South to pick it up also. I was quite particular on the spec i wanted and found one that ticked every box and more. The only thing it doesn't have is sunroof and sat-nav... it's even got heated rear seats..!

6th Gear

Status

LOL @ some of the above comments too.

L60N
    Im jus messin

S3 (8P)

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by consilio View Post
    ... and if you want to know anything about BMW's, this is the place to be as well, whether you like it or not

1st Gear

Status

Thumbs up Good choice!

Quote Originally Posted by SiT View Post
    Hi All

Just wanted to say a hello and a thank you to the folks on this forum. I've been lurking around this site for a couple of months gaining some first-hand owner knowledge on the S3 prior to a purchase.

Happy to say i purchased a phantom black with red & black leather S3... its wicked!

Thanks for such a great site
    Congratulations mate.. good car and good colour choice
    Just make sure you keep it clean!

-Sal-
    S3 - Phantom Black with a few options..

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by L60N View Post
    Welcome to the club. You will find everybody here is really nice and helpful... apart from Bowfer
    oi! What about me

B cool, B safe, B foolish

Status
    Welcome buddy and enjoy

Noggy Blue 225 TT - Forge Split 'R' DV - 18' Oettinger's - Noggy Blue Callipers

SiT
    Neutral

Status
    Lets see if this works then..!

Here's a few pics as requested, it could do with a good clean...

And a couple of the interior, very pimp, its great

6th Gear

Status
    Nice hair L60N, very groovy, oh and it's a nice car too!

Low life livin' the high life.

Status
    Oh man those wheels look good. Seen them on an S3 before and been quite underwhelmed but they add some real class to the car.
    Beautiful mate....congrats.

Paul.
    A3 2.0T FSI Quattro S-Line, 3 Door, Avus Silver (special ed.)

For Sale:

S-Line gear knob, stick and gator.
    Full set of OEM wheel bolts (incl. locking nuts & caps)
    19" BBS CK's Anthracite - SOLD

windsurfer

Status
    Nice car mate!!

But i had to say that, right! ahah

Pedro
    FOR SALE: S3 Phantom Black, left hand drive, Xenons, FBMFSW, bucket seats, BOSE, rear parking sensors, armrest, interior light package, Symphony II+. Full Audi service history and 4 new Michelin Pilot Sport 2. 18500 miles PM for details! I want to give it away have a good family reason. For a quick sale around 19.5k PM only if interest is genuine! Thanks

SiT
    Neutral

Status
    Thanks for the comments. I wasn't sure on the wheels at first but i'm very pleased with them now. It's a bit different from others too. i had a 25th Anniversary Golf about 6 yrs ago with similar wheels, look great but twats to clean..!

Really enjoying this car now and quite different from my previous car, the thrust when you get up the rev range is really addicitive :-)

Third Gear

Status
    Nice matey !!

Mark
    07 S3 Sprint Blue Now Sold
    12 Range Rover Evoque Dynamic Now sold
    A3 20 TDI S-Line Sportback in Daytona Grey with Aluminium Roof Rails, Fine Nappa Leather, Sat Nav, Comfort pack,Audi Sound System, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Privacy Glass, Interior Light Pack, Non Smoke Pack.

6th Gear

Status
    The wheels make it IMO, excellent choice, the seats aren't my cup of tea but we are all individuals and its your opinion that counts. Beautiful car mate
    Wife - 12 BMW 320D 181 bhp, 8 Speed Auto, Melbourne Red, Heated Leather, privacy.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy. (Sold)
    Golf GTi MK6 - Revo stage 2, ITG, Milltek Race TBE, AP Racing 4 pot BBK - Sold.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy,Nav, Park sensors, 6 disc, Revo Stage 1, ITG Enclosed Intake - Sold
    BMW M135i F20 - Bloody good straight from the box !

"Fast Cars are Safer...."

Lets make that kitten purr...

Status
    Nice car. Congratulations.

I think it's a shame you only get the contrast stiching on the seats, gaitor, handbrake cover and mats when ordering the seat panels in a different colour.

I'd have liked to have been able to order silver/red stiching on my seats, gaitor etc. as it would tie in nicely with the stiching on the s-line steering wheel.
    2008 A3 1.8T FSI S-line Phantom Black, Bose, iPod Dock, Front Centre Armrest, Storage Pack, Aluminium Pedals, H&R Spacers, Eibach Pro's, Ambient Lighting, Pressed plates with Ingolstadt surrounds.