what do you call your car?

Lex

Reaction score
I am very lucky to drive an Audi and i dare say i show it off occasionally but while watching a the new renault twingo advert i said to myself as if me and a few of my friends are about to go out "we can take my twingo or we can take my car"

But with my audi i do all the time refer to it as "my audi" and not "my car" but if i were to have a small cheap car like a twingo i don't think i would say my twingo or even my renault.

not something important but just noticed it.

There's actually only afew cars which i would refer to by name if they were mine

is this snobish?

lex

I dont seem to show off the fact that I have an A3 at a young age but I do refer to "the A3" or "my car"

but when people ask me what i drive and i say, "an audi a3" they tend to go "ooo look at you!"

quite embarrassing to be honest

Oh man, no offence, but I hate hearing "shall we take the (insert make)"
Yes, it is snobbish, sorry.
Regardless of what you drive, it should only be referred to as "the car"
IMO, of course.

I call mine "The Beast"! ;)

robreun calls his car "The silver dog"!

IMO, of course.

It is snobish, but if I had something like an Aston Martin I would definitely say stuff like "Shall we take the Aston?" :), not infront of people I don't know though, that would just make me a c*nt!

IMO, of course.

no offense taken i probably am a abit of a snob, my mums a snob so i think i get it off her

If I'm asked what I drive, I usually try and judge the person involved.
If I think the person knows about cars, I'll be accurate and say an Alpina.
If I think the person knows nothing about cars, I'll say a BMW.
But that's completely different from blatantly stating the make of your car in an unsolicited manner.
Sorry, my opinion again, that just makes you look a self-important pillock.

If I'm talking to the missus it's referred to as "The Car." We've only got the one so she knows what I mean. Not sure what I'd say if we had two or more.

If talking to people who have asked what I drive I say "an Audi" then if they enquire further say "A3."

I call mine 'the thing that empties my wallet so much the missus and kids are hungry all the time'

We all have names for our cars, but im yet to name the A3.
The S4 was 'The Enterprise', my mates Skyline is called 'The Datsun, or 'TAXI'
Mate's 'charged Polo was The G-Unit until it went over a roundabout and nearly killed him!

hahhaha,

Im the same as phantom on this one... the car or my car, although if I am feeling particularly chirpy I might say 'shall we take the ess'

I call mine "baby". As it's liquid blue, otherwise known as baby blue. But thats only in front of the other half of course.

The ***.
DSC_8979a.png

In conversations at home I just call it 'my car'.

If anyone asks what type of car I drive I say 'an Audi A3'.
If they are into cars I then usually go on to say it's an A3 Sportback (or 5-door) 2.0TDI-170 with an S-tronic gearbox which usually prompts a further question 'Whats one of those?'

Ever had this happen?

"what do you drive?"
"An S3"

"Whats that?"
"Its an AUDI S3"

"An AUDI What?
"Its the bonkers version of the A3"

"Is it petrol or diesel"
"Petrol"

"So its a petrol A3 then?"
"AAAaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrgggghhhhhhh"

Bowfer- F*cK knows how you explain an ALPINA to a car numpty......:think:

I only ever refer to mine as `my car`.
The wifes is `her car`.

If people ask what I drive I just say an ''Audi'' not worth all the hassle of explaining the difference between S-Line and S-Model. Some folk just don't understand.

Mark

my mates call my a3 ,the g car !,cos its got bad boy tints ,big alloys .and my a4 avant THE BLUE BRUISER ..

We have a fair few cars in my house hold and almost all have a name..

the a-class or gay class
the 'jeep' (no its not the manufacturer brand 'Jeep')
the 'sofas' (the number plate says sofas)
and all the Audi's where by the model e.g the rs4 the s3 etc

I wanted to name my car something sexy and exotic so that it suited both itself and me.........i called it Dave, lol.

Rich

sat1983, where you at in Sheff? Not seen a babyblue one around at all.

PaulAr, yeah... done that one a few times!

Bowfer- F*cK knows how you explain an ALPINA to a car numpty......:think:

Ha!
I had this conversation with my wife's cousin, as she walked past my car in the drive.
I just tell people that Alpina buy cars from BMW, tune them up a bit and sell them on with their own badges.
They seem happy with that.

Just call it "my car" seen as though its the only car I own there isn't any confusion over what I am talking about

the 'jeep' (no its not the manufacturer brand 'Jeep')

Jeep's become a generic word to describe 4x4's, just like hoover has become a generic word to describe vacuum cleaners.
I used to refer to my wife's 4x4 Honda HRV as "the jeep", to other people.

I often refer to ours as "the Sportback", but usually only to the missus or those that know what it is i.e. the five-door version of the A3. Otherwise, just "my car". Some people might get a bit funny if you mention the manufacturer.

I call mine the slag, as it gets treated as such ;)

To strangers such as the person at the petrol station I say "the A3 mate". Thats what it is aint it? If I said "ahh, its the S3 mate" id feel a bit of a pleb :p