best oil for a 2.0 tdi sport?

Lex

Reaction score
this may seem stupid but what oil should i use to top up with?

i cant seem to find the right sort in my handbook

any help appreciated

cheers

lex

Basically any oil that means the VW 507.00 specification. That includes...
Castrol Edge 5W-30 and Shell Helix Ultra VX 5w-30 plus some others. If an oil complies with this spec it will say so on the can.

just got some Edge and topped it up but the oil light stays on

so on my way home to popped into audi and the service guy said they can stay on up to 1000miles

which is very ****** annoying

is that true though? it honestly is ridiculous that it could take up to 1000miles to turn its self off?

No idea mate - sounds a bit strange but others on here should be better informed.

On the 3 or 4 times I've done it, the light popped off straight away each time.

not true at all, oil light goes out the minute I add enough oil, Audi dealer is quite clearly talking ******

Yeah sounds complete ******** to me, I've never in my life known a car thats oil light stays on when topped up unless it had a fault, we are talking 25 years aswell when I was a kid watching me old man taking engines apart etc.

I mean what will audi stealers tell us now, oh it doesnt have an engine its all fecking pedals, didnt you know!!!!!

lol, lol, lol

its amazing what some dealers will stay to get people off of the forecourt, you would assume they would be after repeat business, clearly not in some cases

The worrying thing here, there could be something wrong with the car and the dealer just gave the green light to tool around in it for another 1000 miles, I wonder if they would help out if the engine siezed?

****** good point mate, if it seized I would be back there like a shot seriously ****** of, sometimes you wonder if these numnuts really know anything about the cars they sell.

I mean I am almost teaching my dealer new tricks, even the parts guy says **** with things I attempt & can do they should give me a ring sometime if they are short of help, lol, doesnt mean I'm a full on mechanic but u get the point, they are a little wet behind the ears sometimes.

I mean I went to them with the new style keys, asked them to program them, they couldnt do it after 2.5 hours with no explanation of why couldnt, but they did the new style keys on my older B6 S4 with no problems, then I went to brighton audi & asked my mate in parts & the main technician there said he thinks that they now are once only keys not re-programmeable but he wasnt sure, then I did some research & took keys apart & know exactly what the score is on the keys now but eastbourne audi dont have a fecking clue what they are talking about.

The new keys were correct for my chassis etc so wasnt that, dumb fecks.

Now I know new keys have a once programmeable chip, I know which type chip they use, I know where to get new chips & I know where to get them reprogrammed, eastbourne audi were absolutely fecking useless, if I can do all that why cant they actually know why they wont work now.

All I did in end was took the old chip out of the top of the old key very carefully as they are so fragile small glass capsules & stuck it in place of the new style key chips that had been used already & voila worked like a charm after programming the remote to work with locks & alarm, it was only the chip that wouldnt program not the keys themselves for alarm.

They should know this is what I'm getting at, but seems we seem to know a bit more than there technicians, which makes you wonder why we use them to service the cars anyway, but EU directive fixed that huh, service anywhere as long as stamped & warranty remains valid, EU has some good things, not many but few that are useful.

Just defies belief sometimes these dealers, I mean I've gone to them at 1st point to buy new cars & each time they were ****** unhelpful, so they have lost out on 60-70k worth of car sales to me alone in 7 years, I will never buy from a stealer, they dont even ring you back when you say I wanna buy a car, feck em, they dont deserve my money, best audi person in brighton or any of them is the parts guy.