Road Tax

TrickyLad

is loving his new A3
Reaction score
Anyone know how much us A3 owners are going to get hit by changes in road tax.

People with an A3 3.2 V6 made before 2006 are worse hit goes from £210 to £455 by 2010!

its still only £1.24 I suppose per day... so long as you drive everyday.... and dont go on the toll roads, and drive economically and... ah **** it! £455!!!!!

The goverment just seems to like screwing the **** out of every working british person! What with tax, and fuel prices going through the roof, and a mortgage the size of a 3rd world countries debt, I have about 2 shillings and 6 pence plus a turnip to spend om myself :keule:!!!!

I have about 2 shillings and 6 pence plus a turnip to spend om myself :keule:!!!!

Luxury!

twoyork.jpg

You would think so but the missus takes the 2 shillings and 6 pence, so I'm left with the turnip, wouldn't mind if it was a Swede though:haha:!!!

football-girl-sweden.jpg

ahhh but I don't mind paying... it is money well spent... after all it goes to mantain our excellent roads and maybe traffic police... and if nothing helps to feed those in need like the scumbags that accidently trip and fell over our wing mirrors, accidentally nicjing them..

Wonderfull place the UK.

Pedro

When they introduce the new Bands the facelift S3 will be one lower that the current model (J insted of K I think). Only 40 quid difference I think but all ads up. The sportback will still be band K though interestingly..

....In fact I think I'll just live off swedes

I mean that Swede at the back has enough for everyone!!! :hubbahubba:

SwedishBikiniTeam.jpg

I must say I am more into brazillian brunettes...

And i must attest that a single helping is more than one can cope... ahahahah

Pedro

People with an A3 3.2 V6 made before 2006 are worse hit goes from £210 to £455 by 2010!

Yep mine is a 2004

2008 - £210
2009 - £300
2010 - £430

30% rise each year, at least they have the 'decency' to give us some notice :)

Effectively another tenner per month which doesn't sound so bad, although £300-400 over £200 is enough to put off a few people no doubt, myself included!

Just a slight offtopic question.

Did you guys get half a year's worth of road tax when purchasing the car new, or a full year?

I was given half a year, and was told by a friend that it's not normal?

depends where you purchase from. Sometimes you'll get nowt, sometimes 6 sometimes 12.

Just a slight offtopic question.

Did you guys get half a year's worth of road tax when purchasing the car new, or a full year?

I was given half a year, and was told by a friend that it's not normal?

When it says ROTR price that includes half a tank of petrol and six months road tax. I think, hope that helps.

That bald knuckledragger at the back is a bit of a minger

2.0 TFSI Quattro Sport 3door built after Nov 2004:

quotes a "first year" cost of £550 - why so much more for the first year, when you're already paying VAT on the purchase?

All this recent credit crunch propoganda and tax rises is seriously beginning to hack me off for the first time the wife and I have actually said we would now consider living abroad, it seems the harder we work the more we pay, GGGrrrrrr :(