ETKA 7 updates

vanaaken

Reaction score
Just got a copy of ETKA 7 with updates up to number 656, just wondering if this is the latest, if not anyone know where I can get the updates from have tried looking on the web but no luck.

Cheers

Mark

My copy has updated itself over then internet to 693. It now seems VAG have introduced some extra security which prevents non dealer users from receiving any further updates.

Do you have to set something up in ETKA to download the updates automatically?

Mark

Managed to get the updates to download off the web however when I tried to use update 657 it throws me out of ETKA and gives me the error msg RR12!

Anyone know what this means or has another copy of 657?

Cheers

Mark

You need to put the updates into the "C:\ETKA\DATA\AU\Upload" folder and it will update itself automatically when you open ETKA.

You should make sure the "C:\ETKA\DATA\AU\Upload\Temp" folder is empty before starting.

The later updates do not allow you to run them outside of ETKA. That is what error RR12! means.

My copy has updated itself over then internet to 693. It now seems VAG have introduced some extra security which prevents non dealer users from receiving any further updates.
Correct Dave. It now looks for a myETKAinfo ID, username and password to allow you to download the updates and pricing information.

Unless somebody manages to bribe their friendly local parts dude to get this information then web updates are no longer possible.

By the way, the latest update the dealers have, as of Friday last, iss 701.5.

Hi Marc,

Have checked all this and it is as its supposed to be, it downloads 5 updates starting with 657, it downloads them to the update folder and as soon as they are finished downloading it asks if I want to install update 657 however when I click yes, ETKA shuts down and pops up an error box with RR12! which means nothing to me, ppl have had this problem elsewhere and been told to re-install it but its such a pain to do I wanted to try another copy of update 657 first!

Cheers

Mark

Have you made sure the upload\temp folder is empty? If there is anything in it future updates will fail. The update process extracts the contents of the update file to the temp folder and once the update is complete it emtpies it. If the update fails it will leave the extracted files behind.

I seem to have both an upload folder and a update folder, the update folder has a temp folder in it which is empty, both update and upload contain the same 5 updates every time I delete them and re-download them a copy appears in both.

Mark

Just tried the VW section updated it to update 651 with the files I already had, then changed the setting to update from the web, it found the next 6 updates however when it ran the first update it bombed out with the same message RR12!

Found a forum with ppl having the same problem apparantly as my copy is not 100% :eyebrows: then when I try to download the original updates it will fail, luckily they had a link to a site which has them all downloaded and working, they have all updates up to 699 for Audi even have updates for EKTA 7.1!

Mark

Found a forum with ppl having the same problem apparantly as my copy is not 100% :eyebrows: then when I try to download the original updates it will fail, luckily they had a link to a site which has them all downloaded and working, they have all updates up to 699 for Audi even have updates for EKTA 7.1!

Mark

Lets us know the site!

The site is this:

http://forums.mytouareg.info/viewtopic.php?p=3&sid=0889b3705714ee8213d82f7c1b9266ef

You have to sign up to mytouareg first then when you login you have to click the deadlock access, a new window pops up again you have to register once registered and logged in to the deadlock system you can then access the files via this link:

http://files.mytouareg.info/autoindex.php?dir=ETKA_7_Updates/

the text file: ETKA_71.txt has links to where to get 7.1 from have just paid 8euro to have a months access to download it, you can do it for free but it makes you wait b4 each download. Any questions please ask me.

Mark

Mitch78 let me know if you manage to do it ok and if the instructions I posted were easy enough to follow, if not I'll try and re-write them.

Mark

Hi Mark

Thanks for the information.

I've been in and signed up to the site and to the Deadlocking as well.

I can now see various update exe files. Do I now have to download these files to the update/temp folder of ETKA or do I have to do something else.

My current ETKA is at update 693.

I dropped my updates into the following folder:

C:\etka\DATA\AU\Update

So for you that would be 694 - 699 just righ click the update and select save target as.

Keep a copy of them somewhere just in case as once ETKA has applied the update it deletes it fom the folder.

Then in the settings on ETKA you have to change the update setting from Internet to WAN/LAN, should default to the path above, then when you click update it will start installing them as per normal they will ask for a password this is: avaf

Mark

Dave,
You need to download these files to the C:\ETKA\DATA\AU\Update folder for ETKA 7.

I've been using this site for some time now and they are fairly on the ball with the updates. Last update for 7.1 was 700 on May 20th. Dealers are now up to 701.5.

I've now downloaded the files and they are all sitting in the correct directory. I have also modified a file in the /prog directory called Etka_AU.ini.

[UPDATE]
Update_Main_Path=C:\Program Files\ETKA\VWAU\DATA\AU\update
Update_File_Path=C:\Program Files\ETKA\VWAU\DATA\AU\update\temp
Update_Source=/update/audi/%COUNTRY_UPD%/
Update_Art=1
Update_Dll=EtBrowser.DLL
Update_Func=GetUpdateFile
UpdateUser=
Updatepassword=
Update_kenn=AU
IUpdate=0
Update_Source_Disc=C:\Program Files\ETKA\VWAU\DATA\AU\update\temp
Update_Source_Internet=/update/audi/%COUNTRY_UPD%/
Message=1
NextCall=1
Delay=5
AutoUpd=1

I have modified the Update_Source_Disc= line.
Do I have to change anythig else because when I log into ETKA it still tries to access the internet updates and fails because of users name and password.

I changed it from internet to WAN/LAN through ETKA itself, on the main screen make sure Audi is the make selected then go to maintainence, in here should be a menu called INI-Editor, in here under UPDATE should be an option called data, once selected choose WAN/LAN option and check the path is the one were the updates sit, on mine it has the following user name: etkaclient not sure if this is needed!

Mark

Dave,
On the main ETKA screen, click on the audi logo and then select the maintenance button. on then next screen click ini editor and make the changes on the "data" tab.

Also you should not install it to program files. ETKA likes it best when it is installed in the root of the drive. I had mine in program files and had to uninstall and reinstall in the root.

Great minds think alike or should that be great Mark/Marcs think alike!:laugh:

Funnily enough just after I posted my last post I remembered about the Maintenance button and the INI file changer. So I used that and Hey presto! all now updated. Thanks a lot both of you for all your help.

Either way Marc looks like Dave got it sorted...

Glad you sorted it Dave!

Once I've installed all these updates I might actually have a look about on it, have yet to use it in anger, hope its worth all the downloading and updating lol!

Sorry to ask a stupid question but how do you get a copy of the ETKA in the first place?

Thanks

Try a search on eBay. That's where I purchased my copy. Make sure if you do purchase a copy it's version 7.1 and not the older v7 or earlier.

Hello, I have also registered and managed to download the updates sucessfully, and changed the LAN settings to read the updates in the temp folder o.k.
But when I go to update, EKTA closes and gives a pop up requesting
CD rom v7.1 be installed. Any ideas to overcome this?

Regards Scott
(stuck on update 679)

Have you tried clicking the Update button. Ignore any requests for UserID etc and it should work. It cetainly does on my setup. There is a further update on the website with todays date.

I have tryed the update again with no joy, only get the popup stating,
EKTA v7.1 must be installed before resuming updates.

Scott did you have ETKA already installed before you downloaded the updates if so do you have version 7 or 7.1? If you have version 7 and you have downloaded the 7.1 updates then that might be why its giving you the error.

Mark

Hello Mark,
I have had version 7 installed for over a year and was updating fine until around november time(679 update), when the pop up telling me to intall v7.1 started.

Scott

Scott
If the updates are for version 7 it shouldn't be going on about version 7.1 that is a bit weird, I've managed to download 7.1 I could pop it onto CD and post you a copy plus all the updates that go with it, you could try sticking the cd in when it asks for it or uninstall 7 and put 7.1 on. There is a readme file on there on what to do but its in foreign but you can work out what you need to do.

Let me know if you want a copy.

Mark

you can build the updates in to the install disk easily

for etka 7.1, mine was up to 666 inclusive
make an iso image of the install disk
in the image, locate the folder \data\au\update and put a copy of all the updates there - i have added 667 - 678 from version 7.0, and then 679 to 701 for 7.1
do the same for the vw updates

when you do an install, it runs all the updates at first run after asking you if its ok - if your system is set for hard drive updates it asks you for each update (annoying), by default mines set for internet update and applies all the updates after asking only once.