• Grey / Silver

Votes: 21 28.4%
  • Other

Votes: 2 2.7%

• Total voters

dsl55

exploring other avenues
Reaction score
Lot of talk about how many white cars are being sold, am genuinely interested about the spread of colours out there, personally in Northants I have only seen 1 white A3 and only a handful of reds with the majority being black / grey / silver

Anyone got any concrete info?

I,m not lazy just like to keep it spot on so clean it 2 times per week min,maybe just a perfectionist ha ha

No offence, but the poll is flawed.
For example, my A3 was 'Akoya Silver', according to Audi and the DVLA.
But it was nowhere near silver, as you would think of silver, and I certainly didn't consider it to be silver.:think:

Bowfer - totally agree with you, would really love to see some figs from Audi but doubt it will happen so was just to get a feel for what was out there. If you chose your colour 'cos it looked Blue for example but named Silver then I would suggest it goes down as Blue!

** I would suggest your answer has to go through the 'wife' test, if you're driving along and you see an A3 what colour would the wife call it before you told her she was being an ignorant cow and that despite it's bluey hue it's actually Akoya Silver!

Charcoal Grey, Whoop!
Going to look soo nice when i have the rear windows smoked me things :)

James.

white here, and have to say am loving not owning a black car for the first time in over 10 years. Probably won't buy another white car tho cause in a couple of years I'd have thought the colour wont be so desirable. Its a very sharp white which won me over, not the artic white type Ive seen on other manufacturers. I did see an Alfa GTV trying to catch me a of weeks back which had a pearlescant white colour which looked sweet. The androdgenous driver tho :uhm:

Black for me too. Just looks so good when its clean. Cant beat it!

I do have a soft spot for Misano Red and Avus Silver though

white here, and have to say am loving not owning a black car for the first time in over 10 years. Probably won't buy another white car tho cause in a couple of years I'd have thought the colour wont be so desirable. Its a very sharp white which won me over, not the artic white type Ive seen on other manufacturers. I did see an Alfa GTV trying to catch me a of weeks back which had a pearlescant white colour which looked sweet. The androdgenous driver tho :uhm:

I like the colour, it really suits the car, but its a bit loud for my personality though. I get a lot of stares from pedestrians, lots of other drivers staring and heads turning which makes me sink into my seat a little. Cos I know what theyre thinking *flash c*nt* and im really not that man!

I kind of wish i'd got black somtimes

Other than my audi cab which was dark blue our last 10 cars have been black or silver! Am glad I've ordered a white one, be a nice change!

Have developed a real soft spot for Misano though since a guy on my street got one, looks amazing

Well i specifically wanted Avus silver pearl because i love the way it goes from almost a dull anthracite to a bright titanium silver in direct sunlight to a bluey pink akoya type silver. Really sets off every line and curve on the car, not to mention hides dirt like you wouldn't believe.
I'd never seen any other A3's in this colour before buying it then guess what.... I must have seen 4 in my town in the last few months. Gutted!!!
I do see a missano red and a black s-line about and both look superb although red is a little loud for me and i don't have the care and patience required for black.....i do love a shiny black motor though.

Paul.

I've got LAVA GREY and that needs cleaning every week but it's worth it. Might go for the Misano Red next time if they still do it.
:o.k:

** I would suggest your answer has to go through the 'wife' test, if you're driving along and you see an A3 what colour would the wife call it before you told her she was being an ignorant cow and that despite it's bluey hue it's actually Akoya Silver!

Using the 'daughter test', she used to say "Daddy's car is purple"
I definitely used to describe Akoya Silver as a light Lilac.

Both mine are silver, as were the three Audis I owned previously. I will try to wean myself off it when it comes to the next car, but I know I'll find it difficult! IMO it shows off a car's lines better than most other colours.

Will do, where abouts you from? :thumbsup:

i actually live in desborough where abouts are you from? reg is kn53 hbh

and redbutcher..... yea your spot on it is in tescos kettering :applaus:not a good piccy though how many are from northants on here seems to be a few

am from Wootton end of Northampton although originally from Higham Ferrers so am often around there. Bought a pale green MK1 Golf 1.5GL from a guy in Desborough many years ago!

am from Wootton end of Northampton although originally from Higham Ferrers so am often around there. Bought a pale green MK1 Golf 1.5GL from a guy in Desborough many years ago!

my uncle used to live in wootton then moved im often around northampton so have probably at some point seen you i see audi after audi though.

shed loads of audi's around northampton, especially A3's, more sportbacks than anything. i had an old audi cab until recently, my new A3 turns up next thursday hopefully, got a jetta at the mo!

yer when i was in the showroom buying mine at northampton audi by the way there must have been 4 others buying a3's i had a lot of problems with mine when i first got it in 4 weeks it went to audi 6 times was not a happy chappy as you can emagine