Monster MotorsportChris Nott
    6th Gear

Status

Taken the plunge!

Well had the S3 for about 14 months now and really love it, first new car I have ever bought so have decided to trade it in for the new facelifted version so I don't lose too much money on it and will try to do this each year to get a new car.

So the order!

Sprint Blue
    Bucket Seats
    Bose
    Interior Light Pack
    Cruise
    Flat Tyre Warning Indicator
    Piano Inserts
    Rear Parking Sensors
    Rain and Light Sensor Pack
    Auto Dimming Folding Door Mirrors
    Ipod Dock

Can confirm the Front Armrest and Flat Bottom Multi Function Wheel are now STANDARD on the facelifted version.

I will be retrofitting my RNS-E and Bluetooth from the car I have now, also the lowering springs.

Have been given a build week for the first week in August so can't wait!

Will have a Flat Bottom Wheel and airbag for sale in August if anyone is interested!
    Last edited by JamS3; 21st May 2008 at 19:17.
    NOW - Audi S3 Facelift - Sprint Blue, RNS-E Sat Nav, SDS, Bluetooth Phone Prep, Bose, Cruise, Buckets, FBMFSW, Adaptive Lights, Int Light Pack, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Piano Black Inserts, Through Load, Auto Dim RV Mirror/Wing, Auto Wipers/Lights, Folding Door Mirrors, Heated Seats, Ipod Dock, Front Arm Rest, Rear/Front Parking Sensors, 1st Aid Kit, Rear Arm Rest, H + R Springs, Front 15mm Spacers, Rear 10mm Spacers.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    Nice - congrats. Did you ask / get a price about the Magnetic ride at all? What are they giving you for your current car?

Third Gear

Status
    Nice one Jamie, best colour as well.

Mark
    07 S3 Sprint Blue Now Sold
    12 Range Rover Evoque Dynamic Now sold
    A3 20 TDI S-Line Sportback in Daytona Grey with Aluminium Roof Rails, Fine Nappa Leather, Sat Nav, Comfort pack,Audi Sound System, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Privacy Glass, Interior Light Pack, Non Smoke Pack.

1st Gear

Status
    Any other changes to the standard spec and did you deal with Teeside Audi.
    Trev

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutkins View Post
    Nice - congrats. Did you ask / get a price about the Magnetic ride at all? What are they giving you for your current car?
    Didnt get a price for the mag ride mate, dealer said not to bother with it and I'm not fussed about it really.

My car is going in 1st Sep when I pick the new one up so they have quoted price for then, lost around 6.5k in 18months.

Managed to get a discount of around 2k on the new one too.
    NOW - Audi S3 Facelift - Sprint Blue, RNS-E Sat Nav, SDS, Bluetooth Phone Prep, Bose, Cruise, Buckets, FBMFSW, Adaptive Lights, Int Light Pack, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Piano Black Inserts, Through Load, Auto Dim RV Mirror/Wing, Auto Wipers/Lights, Folding Door Mirrors, Heated Seats, Ipod Dock, Front Arm Rest, Rear/Front Parking Sensors, 1st Aid Kit, Rear Arm Rest, H + R Springs, Front 15mm Spacers, Rear 10mm Spacers.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by TrevS3 View Post
    Any other changes to the standard spec and did you deal with Teeside Audi.

Didn't deal with Teeside this time mate and only other changes that I know are the known bumper, door handles, LED running lights, colour DIS, buttons on centre console, indicators on wing mirrors and alloys.

Its rumoured the 2.0 TFSI engine is slightly modified too but the performance specs are the same.

Stalled

Status
    awesome spec mate, it is true that the S3 2.0TFSI has been tweaked. It now produces 199g/km of CO2 and returns 24/43/33mpg as opposed to the current 217g/km 23/39/31mpg. Performance remains the same.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JamS3 View Post
    Will have a Flat Bottom Wheel and airbag for sale in August if anyone is interested!
    Might be interested in that if the price is right Jam. Is it a standard FB one or is it the MFSW version?

1st Gear

Status
    Didn't deal with Teeside this time mate and only other changes that I know are the known bumper, door handles, LED running lights, colour DIS, buttons on centre console, indicators on wing mirrors and alloys.
    Its rumoured the 2.0 TFSI engine is slightly modified too but the performance specs are the same.
    Just wondered about Teeside as best sales guy ain't with them any more, don't know if I would use them next time.
    Trev

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcQuinlivan View Post
    Might be interested in that if the price is right Jam. Is it a standard FB one or is it the MFSW version?
    Its the flat bottom multi function one but needs the wiring loom to make the multi function bits work, only 35 quid apparently and a thread was on here somewhere with part numbers.

6th Gear

Status
    Just wondered about Teeside as best sales guy ain't with them any more, don't know if I would use them next time.
    Who would that have been Trev?

1st Gear

Status
    Andrew Vidgen
    Trev

3rd Gear

Status
    Are you sure it's color dis, not just black&white?
    World's Fastest S3 Driver - racing old people in toyota camries since 1997 with a 97.6% winning rate.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by boggysv View Post
    Are you sure it's color dis, not just black&white?
    Not sure mate, just going on what some people have said on here which may not be right!

Suppose will have to wait for some more pics than the ones on the Audi website which only does show black and white!

3rd Gear

Status
    Well, the new TTs are getting the white one.
    Odometer display, clock display and Driver’s Information System display font changes from red to white
    http://www.ignite-imd.com/TT_2009MY_changes.pdf
    World's Fastest S3 Driver - racing old people in toyota camries since 1997 with a 97.6% winning rate.

6th Gear

Status
    Well, the new TTs are getting the white one.

http://www.ignite-imd.com/TT_2009MY_changes.pdf
    Do you have one of those guides for the A3/S3 changes?

3rd Gear

Status
    Sorry, nope.

6th Gear

Status
    This is worth a look, shows them in the flesh and being driven!

Note the new parrallel park assist on the vid too!

http://www.worldcarfans.com/9080520....elift-in-depth

Stalled

Status
    Must admit the new front end does look much better in those real life footage than those still pics/renders. I will probably opt for the park assist as it only cost twice as much as rear parking sensors like in the german version (around 750 Euros).

3rd Gear

Status
    Lol...a certain marketing manager somewhere is not going to be happy.

6th Gear

Status
    Has the list price remained the same ?
    Wife - 12 BMW 320D 181 bhp, 8 Speed Auto, Melbourne Red, Heated Leather, privacy.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy. (Sold)
    Golf GTi MK6 - Revo stage 2, ITG, Milltek Race TBE, AP Racing 4 pot BBK - Sold.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy,Nav, Park sensors, 6 disc, Revo Stage 1, ITG Enclosed Intake - Sold
    BMW M135i F20 - Bloody good straight from the box !

"Fast Cars are Safer...."

Third Gear

Status
    Is the grill the same, looks different, maybe wider. Headlights looks as though the cars wearing eyeliner. Mmmm not sure about those, maybe they will grow on me.

Mark
    07 S3 Sprint Blue Now Sold
    12 Range Rover Evoque Dynamic Now sold
    A3 20 TDI S-Line Sportback in Daytona Grey with Aluminium Roof Rails, Fine Nappa Leather, Sat Nav, Comfort pack,Audi Sound System, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Privacy Glass, Interior Light Pack, Non Smoke Pack.

6th Gear

Status
    No the list price is up to 27k from memory but I don't have my paperwork to hand to check!

On Boost

Status
    No the list price is up to 27k from memory but I don't have my paperwork to hand to check!
    I thought the list is 27K now?

FBMFSW and arm rest must be a 500+ saving?

p

6th Gear

Status
    This is worth a look, shows them in the flesh and being driven!

http://www.worldcarfans.com/9080520....elift-in-depth
    Just to clarify the trim levels:

S = Attraction
    SE = Ambiente
    Sport = Ambition

This is what they've always been known as over here. I assume the UK will continue to use S\SE\Sport.

6th Gear

Status
    Its the flat bottom multi function one but needs the wiring loom to make the multi function bits work, only 35 quid apparently and a thread was on here somewhere with part numbers.
    Wouldn't mind first refusal on that when the time comes.

L60N
    Im still not liking the revisions.

I think the front end is kind of consolidating the range, but the chrome/plastic surrounds, and the bulky lines look out of place on an otherwise understated body.

The wheels i find look too small.

The wing mirrors look like they were pinched off a passat, the current style ones are much more sleek.

The buttons on the interior blend away rather than the current tactile ones.

Mind you, i hated the Mk1 focus when i first saw it, then it grew on me quickly.

Im also pissed its on its way which doesnt help :P
    Last edited by L60N; 22nd May 2008 at 09:11.

1st Gear

Status

Which dealer did you use ?
    Trev

5th Gear

Status
    Nice one! My old man has a facelift Ibis White Sportback S-line on order for 1st September
    Sold: A3 2.0 TDI 170 S-line | Full leather | BOSE | Phantom Black | Bluefin
    Now: Mini John Cooper Works

6th Gear

Status
    A few people on here will want to pull your new headlamps out for a closer look...

6th Gear

Status
    and just to clarify, it's not me.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnS3 View Post
    A few people on here will want to pull your new headlamps out for a closer look...
    I'm sure something can be arranged!

Will need to visit Craig to get my nav and bluetooth pulled out nearer the time before the car goes!

6th Gear

Status
    Which dealer did you use ?
    Wearside

On Boost

Status
    Do you know anything about the " new upraded " Haldex on the face lift?

Thanks

p

6th Gear

Status
    Something to do with the multi plate clutch being operated electronically as opposed to mechanical so it reacts faster when power is needed to be transfered.

3rd Gear

Status
    Something to do with the multi plate clutch being operated electronically as opposed to mechanical so it reacts faster when power is needed to be transfered.

Isnt the current one electronically controlled as well?

windsurfer

Status
    the current one is hydraulic activated...

Pedro
    FOR SALE: S3 Phantom Black, left hand drive, Xenons, FBMFSW, bucket seats, BOSE, rear parking sensors, armrest, interior light package, Symphony II+. Full Audi service history and 4 new Michelin Pilot Sport 2. 18500 miles PM for details! I want to give it away have a good family reason. For a quick sale around 19.5k PM only if interest is genuine! Thanks

On Boost

Status
    Isnt the current one electronically controlled as well?
    It is , it works via a ECU/controller , we can buy the upgraded controller that has 3 modes inc 50/50 split full time!

p

windsurfer

Status
    Ok, now I am confused.... so what bit is hidraulic and on the new one is electronically? because that is what the new S3 is raving about?

Any light on this?

Pedro
    FOR SALE: S3 Phantom Black, left hand drive, Xenons, FBMFSW, bucket seats, BOSE, rear parking sensors, armrest, interior light package, Symphony II+. Full Audi service history and 4 new Michelin Pilot Sport 2. 18500 miles PM for details! I want to give it away have a good family reason. For a quick sale around 19.5k PM only if interest is genuine! Thanks