RNS-E Resale value & possible interest?

J7-AUDIA3

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I'm not looking to start the 'what's better? Stand alone or Audi RNS-E' because I know everyone has their own opinion. Personally I like my RNS-E.

Following that I'm looking to sell it on as I'm currently in need of the cash.

Was wanting to know if you thought £500 delivered would be a decent asking price and also if anyone would be interested?

Cheers

Jay

Including GPS antenna, wiring adapter, Nav DVD??

I guess an average price on the 'bay is between £450 + £550.

I have a spare one in the shed, I should dig it out and stick it on eBay I think!

DAMMMMM

Missed it, im looking for one at the right price, just done the double din conversion tonight went like clock work, just need an RNS-E to fill the gap. PM if anyones got one

When i bought mine I paid £450, without the wiring harness but with the GPS antenna; I thought supply had dried up recently though and I heard they were going for up to £750....

Also, I'm thinking of trading up and the chap who looked around my car to get a trade in value said that the nav and bluetooth put an extra 1k onto what he'd give me trade...(I'm not trying to dig that whole argument up again though about options not being worth anything at resale!)

When i bought mine I paid £450, without the wiring harness but with the GPS antenna; I thought supply had dried up recently though and I heard they were going for up to £750....

Also, I'm thinking of trading up and the chap who looked around my car to get a trade in value said that the nav and bluetooth put an extra 1k onto what he'd give me trade...(I'm not trying to dig that whole argument up again though about options not being worth anything at resale!)

Those in the know knew that was ******** though ;)

It doesn't add loads of value- up to £250 I think- but does make it easier to sell.

I saw the same thing when I was looking for a used S3 3 months ago. There was a definite premium for DVD Nav and Buckets upto 1K for each, fact.

(Please lets not debate it again though!):no:

Paul

Faced with 2 identical cars, one has more options, which is going to cost more? Sorry, but i cant see it any other way. I'd be laughing all the way home if a dealer didnt do this, imagine, getting loads of goodies for free :D

Hehe

Well as I said, I was getting a trade in for my car against one I wanted to buy, and I said to the salesman, 'if the options don't make any difference, i'll take the NAV and BT out and sell them on ebay, i should get about £700 for both'.

He said if I did that he's drop the trade in value from 11k to 10k....

Faced with 2 identical cars, one has more options, which is going to cost more? Sorry, but i cant see it any other way. I'd be laughing all the way home if a dealer didnt do this, imagine, getting loads of goodies for free :D

Hehe

Funny how the dealers tell you its worthless when you're p/xing your car with one of theirs! But yeah agree- lets not debate this.
They make ya sick though!!!:keule:

the a3/s3 rns seems to carry a higher premium that the a4 ones up to about £100.
£500-550 seems acheivable for older ones and newer ones fetch about £650-£750.
BT kits about £300 to £350 and kufatec.de actually carry the complete kit inc loom.

I might be getting rid of my RNS-E for the right price. Had it for about a year.
2007 DVD (Genuine not Ebay copy) GPS antenna and wiring loom. They seem to be holding their price well. I'll think about it over the weekend and have a look at what else is going something a bit different.
Anyone recommend anything other than this unit fitted in an a3

I only paid £409 for mine from eBay, but it was a month before Xmas (spot the free advice there!) :)