EM TuningMonster Motorsport
    1st Gear

Status

RNS-E Resale value & possible interest?

Hi Guys

I'm not looking to start the 'what's better? Stand alone or Audi RNS-E' because I know everyone has their own opinion. Personally I like my RNS-E.

Following that I'm looking to sell it on as I'm currently in need of the cash.

Was wanting to know if you thought 500 delivered would be a decent asking price and also if anyone would be interested?

Cheers

Jay
    "Wars come and go - but my soldiers stay eternal"

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    Including GPS antenna, wiring adapter, Nav DVD??

I guess an average price on the 'bay is between 450 + 550.
    A6 3.0 TDI.

1st Gear

Status
    Sold!

Jay
    "Wars come and go - but my soldiers stay eternal"

6th Gear

Status
    It was a good price then.

5th Gear

Status
    I have a spare one in the shed, I should dig it out and stick it on eBay I think!
    A6 3.0 TDI.

4th Gear

Status
    I'm potentially selling mine too for the right price
    Ex 2006 A3 2.0 TDI owner

2010 Polo GTI 6R

5th Gear

Status
    DAMMMMM

Missed it, im looking for one at the right price, just done the double din conversion tonight went like clock work, just need an RNS-E to fill the gap. PM if anyones got one
    Previous
    S
    Ibis White - 2007

Current
    A5 Ibis White - 2007
    S3 Black - 2001

VCDS user

R8GGA

Status
    When i bought mine I paid 450, without the wiring harness but with the GPS antenna; I thought supply had dried up recently though and I heard they were going for up to 750....

Also, I'm thinking of trading up and the chap who looked around my car to get a trade in value said that the nav and bluetooth put an extra 1k onto what he'd give me trade...(I'm not trying to dig that whole argument up again though about options not being worth anything at resale!)
    awesome cars; both gone now though
    2004 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro S-Line DSG inAvus Silver, RNS-E Sat Nav, GSM, 18" RS4's, Bose, Tints
    2008 S3 3Dr, GIAC HAMMER, Phantom Black, RNS-E Sat Nav, GSM, FBMFSW, Optics, Privacy, Ipod, Rear Sensors, Armrest
    Weekend / Summer:
    2002 Ferrari 360 Modena, Nurburgring Silver, Bordeaux leather
    2006 BMW M6

L60N
    Quote Originally Posted by magnus911 View Post
    When i bought mine I paid 450, without the wiring harness but with the GPS antenna; I thought supply had dried up recently though and I heard they were going for up to 750....

Also, I'm thinking of trading up and the chap who looked around my car to get a trade in value said that the nav and bluetooth put an extra 1k onto what he'd give me trade...(I'm not trying to dig that whole argument up again though about options not being worth anything at resale!)
    Those in the know knew that was ******** though

4th Gear

Status
    It doesn't add loads of value- up to 250 I think- but does make it easier to sell.
    Ex 2006 A3 2.0 TDI owner

2010 Polo GTI 6R

S3 (8P)

Status

I saw the same thing when I was looking for a used S3 3 months ago. There was a definite premium for DVD Nav and Buckets upto 1K for each, fact.

(Please lets not debate it again though!)

Paul

L60N
    Faced with 2 identical cars, one has more options, which is going to cost more? Sorry, but i cant see it any other way. I'd be laughing all the way home if a dealer didnt do this, imagine, getting loads of goodies for free :D

Hehe

R8GGA

Status
    Well as I said, I was getting a trade in for my car against one I wanted to buy, and I said to the salesman, 'if the options don't make any difference, i'll take the NAV and BT out and sell them on ebay, i should get about 700 for both'.

He said if I did that he's drop the trade in value from 11k to 10k....
    awesome cars; both gone now though
    2004 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro S-Line DSG inAvus Silver, RNS-E Sat Nav, GSM, 18" RS4's, Bose, Tints
    2008 S3 3Dr, GIAC HAMMER, Phantom Black, RNS-E Sat Nav, GSM, FBMFSW, Optics, Privacy, Ipod, Rear Sensors, Armrest
    Weekend / Summer:
    2002 Ferrari 360 Modena, Nurburgring Silver, Bordeaux leather
    2006 BMW M6

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by L60N View Post
    Faced with 2 identical cars, one has more options, which is going to cost more? Sorry, but i cant see it any other way. I'd be laughing all the way home if a dealer didnt do this, imagine, getting loads of goodies for free :D

Hehe
    Funny how the dealers tell you its worthless when you're p/xing your car with one of theirs! But yeah agree- lets not debate this.
    They make ya sick though!!!
    Ex 2006 A3 2.0 TDI owner

2010 Polo GTI 6R

5th Gear

Status
    the a3/s3 rns seems to carry a higher premium that the a4 ones up to about 100.
    500-550 seems acheivable for older ones and newer ones fetch about 650-750.
    BT kits about 300 to 350 and kufatec.de actually carry the complete kit inc loom.
    Porsche 997 Carrera 4 S - Black, Sport Chrono, Sport seats, PCM, Nav, Tel, Park assist and rear wiper (Yes!, its an option!)
    2012 Audi Q7 Sline Plus - Daytona Grey ,Nav+, Wheel upgrade, Storage and tow pack.

Gone -2007 S5 4.2 ,2008 S3, 2007 TTC 3.2, 2007 RS4 Saloon, 2004 S4 Saloon, 2006 A4 2.0T Sline SE,2002 A3 3.2 Sline, 2001 A4 1.8T,2001 Boxster, 1983 911SC,1992 Corrado G60,1988 GTi.

(Vag com owner)

Reverse Gear

Status
    I might be getting rid of my RNS-E for the right price. Had it for about a year.
    2007 DVD (Genuine not Ebay copy) GPS antenna and wiring loom. They seem to be holding their price well. I'll think about it over the weekend and have a look at what else is going something a bit different.
    Anyone recommend anything other than this unit fitted in an a3

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by madmike View Post
    Anyone recommend anything other than this unit fitted in an a3
    surely mad mike has all the answers when it comes to in car electronics....

Status
    I only paid 409 for mine from eBay, but it was a month before Xmas (spot the free advice there!)
    2004 A3 Sportback 2.0TDI SE, RNS-E Sat Nav SW0650 TMC, 17" Star Alloys, Xenons, DIS, Rear Mats & Sunblind, Alu trim, Ebony Black pearlescent
    2006 Honda Accord EX i-CTDI, Arctic Blue, Leather, Sat Nav, XCarLink