SE line discontinued?

giblets46

Reaction score
Hi all, just wondering if the SE line has been discontinued, looking at the AUDI site, the only options are standard, sport and S-line.

Its not discontinued.....

Its just they are not taking any orders for them at the moment as they have change the spec considderably to appeal to company car drivers. (NOT!!!)

New spec is much lower and I am glad mine is not the new spec.

They will be resuming orders shortly but want to fulfill current spec orders and not get the 2 mixed.

Its just they are not taking any orders for them at the moment as they have change the spec considderably to appeal to company car drivers. (NOT!!!)

New spec is much lower and I am glad mine is not the new spec.

They will be resuming orders shortly but want to fulfill current spec orders and not get the 2 mixed.

Although the new SE will be a lower spec than the existing SE it's also only a £650 option rather than the current £2000. If you add back all the items from the present SE spec to a new SE it works out at approximately the same price. It does allow you to choose which options you want and which you don't.

Oh no - what will happen to all the fake wooden trim bits?!

They are still available if you want them!. For the Standard and SE they will be be Pearlescent in Granite, Umbra or Opal depending on the interior colour chosen or Walnut wood, for the Sport they will Aluminium medial or Walnut wood, For the S-Line Matt brushed aluminium or Piano, and for the S3 Matt brushed aluminium, Piano black or Fine grain birch wood depending on the model.

So you even have nice Walnut wood in the Sport!!

I do find this a better way of doing things. Dis was well needed for me but as i had to buy an ex demo I had to go without...

Indeedy for company cars, not! - tool up a SE under the new set up to the same spec as the old SE & your monthly cost will be significantly higher.

Indeedy for company cars, not! - tool up a SE under the new set up to the same spec as the old SE & your monthly cost will be significantly higher.
Few companies/business users would bother though. Go to any leasing website, look up the A3 and they plug the standard or "Special Edition" model which is vastly cheaper, and also why you see so many around.

Most of the As3 I see on the road are Sports rather the SEs and usually Black!