1.4TFSi Electronic Recirculation Valve

vanaaken

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the 1.4 TFSi has the above like the 2.0TFSI? I know the VW 1.4TSi as one but thats a different engine, also where abouts would it be I'm guessing you have to get to it from underneath the car?

Cheers

Mark

Are you on about the EGR on the exhaust or the valve which sits on the turbo to aid the reduction in turbo lag?

I'm guessing its the one that sits on the turbo, forge do a blow off spacer for the 1.4 TSi and they need to see a picture of the one on the Audi A3 1.4TFSi to see if it will fit, Im due to get my new car this week so was just wondering if a) it had one and b) where it was so I can take a picture of it.

Cheers

Mark

Has anyone got one of these Forge blow off adaptors fitted to there 2.0TFSI if so where abouts in the engine did you have to fit it?

Cheers

Mark

The diverter valve (blow off valve as you call it) is on the side of the turbo, it directs airflow back into the compressor to keep it spinning to decrease turbo lag.

On the 2TFSI if you put the drivers wheel on full lock towards the off side you can just about see the side of the turbo with the valve, i have changed mine for a updated Audi one not so lng ago and i did it with the car on the driveway with the front wheel removed.