Symphony II track info ...?

sukrw

Reaction score
Hi all,

Is this normal for the Symphony II stereo:

If I put a CDR with lots of MP3 tracks on it - the info button allows me to select either:
Track File Name
Track Name
Album Name
Artist

Which is all great.

if I put a brand new music CD in - all I get it Track 1, Track 2 etc - there is no Info button and can't select the track name etc.

Seems a bit backward to me ... I expect there is a reason for this ? Are the very latest Symphony II's the same ?

Thanks.

The CD probably just hasn't got text info. enabled (or is that too simple an answer?). I've only got Concert so can't give a definitive answer.

It could be down to the way that your MP3's are tagged and how the Symphony reads them. I have never seen the system running however so it is just a guess.

Rich

Music CDs do not contain the track information (or if your disc does then the head unit does not support CDText). The MP3 CDs have the ID3 tags on the files which is why the head unit can read them.

By the way, do you mean Symphony II+? I wasn't aware the GenII head units could play MP3 CDs.

By the way, do you mean Symphony II+? I wasn't aware the GenII head units could play MP3 CDs.

Marc can you explain the Symphony ratings , i don't know which one i have in my car?

I have a Symphony 6 cd front loader in a 07 S3 , which do i have?

Thanks

p

Sorry yes it is probably a II+ it is 12 months old - not sure what version that is ....

It must be the headunit can't read the track info then as Windows reads it fine. This is the same for any music original cd I put into the unit. Windows can read all the track/album info just fine - Looks like the audi unit is just lacking this functionality - not to worry, will rip it to mp3.

Ta

Sorry yes it is probably a II+ it is 12 months old - not sure what version that is ....

It must be the headunit can't read the track info then as Windows reads it fine. This is the same for any music original cd I put into the unit. Windows can read all the track/album info just fine - Looks like the audi unit is just lacking this functionality - not to worry, will rip it to mp3.

Ta
This is the Symphony II+:
PhatNoise_031-full.jpg

Your PC can display the track names because it connects to the internet when you first insert the disc and downloads the album details from the CDDB.

WMP sends information such as number of tracks, length of each track, length of album, etc. to the server and it works out what the album is and sends the details back to WMP.

There is one CD that I have found will display track names on my Symphony headunit. Its not a copy or mp3 cd, its a genuine album. None of my other CDs do regardless of being copied or not!

Not all original cd's display info on my £1000 Arcam CD player , it depends if the CD has info or not , if not there will be no info to read!

p

Marc can you explain the Symphony ratings , i don't know which one i have in my car?

I have a Symphony 6 cd front loader in a 07 S3 , which do i have?

Thanks

p
You'll have the same head unit as mine (well before I changed it for an RNS-e). I belive they changed to the II+ models in late 06 - possibly anything built after October 06, because I ordered mine in October and it was built in November and got the II+. When I ordered it the brochures were still listing the II model.

Went to see them in Sheffield last night.

BRILLIANT!

Where in Sheffield were they playing? Shame i missed that.... New album coming out then i presume? Sorry to hijack the thread...