PIAA Bulbs Group Buy - Interested List

At RRP prices we're looking at just about £650 worth. I've had a moan to PIAA in the UK - will see what response I get.

Anyone going to Japan soon and fancy bringing back a load of bulbs :laugh:

OK folks, have been in contact with PIAA in the UK and have a new date for expected delivery:

Shipment is expected to land in the UK on 8th September - we need to then allow another week for customs clearance and for the shipment to be unloaded, so hopefully be able to get this on the move week beginning 15th September.

Fingers crossed matey!
Now delivery looks close, how are we doing payment for this?
J

Hopefully be able to pay for your own order direct with PRI as they have details of usernames and bulbs required so should be able to match you up with your order. Once bulbs are here I'll be able to confirm the discount we're going to get and then take it from there - people are still free then to drop out if the price isn't right as nothing is confirmed as yet.

Thanks Jon - as said before, really appreciate your work on this :thumbsup:

BUMP!!!

Jon - any news?
can we order these ourselves or are the only one's available on the slowboat from wherever????
Really want to do this, but nearly 4 months now.........

Cheers mate

Need to wait until the 15th guys, then I can start emailing PRI again to see if they've finally arrived. In fact, no sod it I'm going to email now....

can_of_whoop_ass.jpg

foook, are you still waiting on these?? I might be in for some as by the time they arrive mine might need replacing! ;) BWAAHAHAHHA.

i keeeed

They are the chrome mirror white's Jamie.

PIAA W5W Chrome Mirror White wedge 5=10w bulb (pair)

An innovation from PIAA. The Chrome Mirror White range provides a new dimension in automotive lighting. At night, the Chrome Mirror generates a clean, crisp, intense white light. When switched off, these Chrome Mirror bulbs are virutally 'invisible' due to the chrome finish.

Uses Chrome Mirror White technology to generate a colour temperature of 4100k light which is close to that of daylight. Close to that of HID light at a fraction of the cost.

Compatible with the manufacturer's original wiring and fitments, enabling straight forward installation.

Power - 5w gives 10w equivalent output
Fitment - W5W
Pack - Pair

sorry - ie the ones as part of this group buy? :unsure:
If so I'm ordering them - I can switch the DRL's off (in fact have them off as the yellow light is naff), but when you ahve the xenon's on, the yellow light from the sides ruins the look!

Any feedback on these jon its starting to drag out a little long now, just tell them we'll all go else where that should speed things up, lol.

sorry - ie the ones as part of this group buy? :unsure:
If so I'm ordering them - I can switch the DRL's off (in fact have them off as the yellow light is naff), but when you ahve the xenon's on, the yellow light from the sides ruins the look!

Yes they are mate - but might be worth hanging on for the discount....

Right, first off, apols for the delay in this - i know it's been dragging along for a while, but it's been out of my hands folks, so don't shoot the messenger!

I've spoken to PRI again today, and apparently the ship docked yesterday, so hopefully early next week PIAA in the UK will get the bulbs. Following day after that PRI will get their order, following day after that all hell breaks loose as PRI offices are raided and hundreds of DRL bulbs mysteriously disappear :sly:.

As I've said in earlier posts, I will update this thread as soon as I hear anything else, which will hopefully be next week (fingers crossed)!!

Ok just spoke with Navid @ Pri as I had a seperate order for some bulbs which had not arrived. I had some Chrome Mirror White wedge on order for myself and was going to let my dad have the group buy ones I have on order so I rang to see where these were. They had just ran out of stock think Mikey from forum got the last set. Looks like they were only waiting on the chrome white DRL's but now they have run out of chrome white sides as well.
He said the ship docked last night and the HQ would be shipping out to the distributors and Pri should be getting them on Thursday, then hes got loads on back order to get out.

Hopefully next week he will start shipping them out :yahoo: but dont hold your breath

I receieved from PRI a set of PIAA H7 Xtreme White Plus bulbsto try in my dads ML as they didnt have any PIAA H7 Chrome Mirror White bulbs is stock. After speakin with Naveed he said the xtreme white bulbs were better even though they are cheaper.

For the last 12 months I have had some MOMO CORSE WHITE BULBs in my A3 these work out at £15 a pair compared with the Xtreme white at £49 and the chrome mirror at £66.68

2e3a_1_bo.JPG

Available here http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Blue-Headligh...0112166QQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

I have tried a few different bulbs and these are the best, In my dads ML I fitted one of the xtreme white bulbs in one side and a Momo bulb in the other and I couldn't even tell a difference infact the MOMO ones were a whiter light and better results. I am glad I didnt buy any more Xtreme white as I was going to get a set for dip beam, a set for main, and a set for the fogs as they work as coming home lights. I ended up leaving the MOMO bulbs in the dip and main and putting the Xtreme white in the fogs

Not the best pic as the light lense was very dirty but this shows the light given off when I had the MOMO's in my old halogens

CIMG0237.jpg

OK folks - the bulbs are in. :)

Naveed and I are doing some sums to see what deal we can do - I can safely the say the discount will not be 20% as the shipping costs/raw material prices have all increased.

All the PIAA bulb prices are due for a price hike now, but PRI are holding off until Jan 09 to implement, so I suggest if you want any PIAA bulbs, get them soon.

The DRL chrome mirror bulbs have all been reserved for us initially and will not be appearing on the PRI website until we have first shout at them as part of the group buy. Once everyone from the group buy as purchased their bulbs, then the remaining bulbs will appear on the PRI website for everyone else to purchase. As a guide, the RRP of the new DRL Chrome Mirror Bulb (H367) will be £17.63 inc VAT from PRI until Jan 09 when the price will then increase.

Hopefully will be able to come back tomorrow with some bulb prices for the group buy and you can then go ahead and place your orders direct with PRI.

I'm itching to pay mate - once again thanks for sorting this out.

It's been a long wait hasn't it.....

Marc - I think Naveed has enough stock to cover the existing orders (as per the interested list) of the other bulbs as well as the DRLs, but I'll check with him tomorrow just to be sure.

Just to wet your appetites...

My car has had the Chrome Mirror DRL and Sides fitted for a few months now - here's an idea of the light colour produced....

DRLs on

drl.jpg

Sides on

side.jpg

Xenons (with Sides)

xenons.jpg

Looking forward to getting them fitted Jon - the sides with xenons looks so much better with all white light, rather than a yellow light around the xenon.

Thread updated with current RRP prices (you wont be paying the prices below)
Anyone else, add yourself to the bottom of the list. Please also check the bulb orders are correct.

1. L60N - DRL (£17.63)
2. Phantom - DRL/Side (£31.42)
3. S3 OMAR - DRL/Side (£31.42)
4. N8KOW - DRL/Side (£31.42)
5. brucer - DRL/Side (£31.42)
6. jamiekip - DRL/Side (£31.42)
7. MarcQuinlivan - Side/H7x2 (£147.15)
8. RSarjantson - DRL/Side (£31.42)
9. h5djr - DRL (£17.63)
10. Robin - DRL (£17.63)
11. Yung **** - DRL/Side (£31.42)
12. Charlie-dont-surf - H1 (£66.68)
13. t&biskits - DRL (£17.63)
14. Drnutta -DRL/Side (£31.42)
15. sleeves_008 - DRL (£17.63)
16. S3 Big Andy - Side/Indicators (£40.25)
17. IGGU - DRL (£17.63)
18. mattandrew - DRL/Side (£31.42)
19. S3 SAF - DRL/Side (£31.42)
20. Block - DRL/Side (£31.42)