Sky InsuranceJMB Retrofits

View Poll Results: A3 - worth the money?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

51 71.83%
  • No

20 28.17%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    4th Gear

Status
    Have the other manufactures really caught up though? I have heard of bodywork being very easily dented on French/Japanese cars, plastics marking very easily etc etc
    Ex 2006 A3 2.0 TDI owner

2010 Polo GTI 6R

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    I'd say my wifes Toyota is equally as good as my Audi in terms of parking dents, both I have to say are pretty resiliant

The Laguna's we have in our carpark at work are not so good though

4th Gear

Status
    I don't think they live up to the hype, mine has had far too many problems to be called a 'quality' or 'premium' product.
    Sportback

Not anymore - Back 2 BMW (shh)

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cdb2 View Post
    I don't think they live up to the hype, mine has had far too many problems to be called a 'quality' or 'premium' product.
    Second that!

Although did pop along to local dealer yesterday to have a nose at the TT-S out of curiosity as I was passing. Had a coupe in the showroom and roadster demonstrator. And they wanted 40K for the coupe. 40K for a TT? Madness!

windsurfer

Status
    What does "worth" or "value" mean toy you?

I think this is a very relative concept... so you can't get an objective opinion...

For me 30k on my S3 was worth it. It is mental for some it is fine for others... Like someone said it depends on what you want from things... that is from where the concept of value comes from.

To give you my perspective... 30k on an 3 series BMW gets you a mid specced 320d M-Sport probably... for me that is mental!!!

Pedro
    FOR SALE: S3 Phantom Black, left hand drive, Xenons, FBMFSW, bucket seats, BOSE, rear parking sensors, armrest, interior light package, Symphony II+. Full Audi service history and 4 new Michelin Pilot Sport 2. 18500 miles PM for details! I want to give it away have a good family reason. For a quick sale around 19.5k PM only if interest is genuine! Thanks

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by newbiecrg View Post
    What does "worth" or "value" mean toy you?

I think this is a very relative concept... so you can't get an objective opinion...

For me 30k on my S3 was worth it. It is mental for some it is fine for others... Like someone said it depends on what you want from things... that is from where the concept of value comes from.

To give you my perspective... 30k on an 3 series BMW gets you a mid specced 320d M-Sport probably... for me that is mental!!!

Pedro
    I think this is back to the amount of problems people are having with their Audi's, well judging by the last two posts anyway

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by newbiecrg View Post
    Pedro
    The full list price of a 320D M-sport is 28525.00
    They have a 'special edition' model which is 1000 more.
    But that 1000 gets you full leather, bigger wheels, satnav and bluetooth phone prep.
    So 29525.00 ( List price ) gets a very well equipped car.
    I don't suppose 10% off list is unreasonable, so you would actually pay more like 26500.00
    30k is more likely to get you a bigger engined 3 series, or possibly a smaller engined 5 series.
    Last edited by Amchlolor; 16th June 2008 at 15:41.
    '02 to '05 - Black Audi A4 1.9tdi sport
    '05 to '08 - Akoya Silver A3 sportback S-line DSG
    '08 to ? - Black Alpina D3

Status
    Are you seriously comparing a 3 series to an A3 (S3)?

windsurfer

Status
    I am not comparing anything... I just would not spend 30k on a 320d/325d I would much rather spend it on my S3.... That is all, personal taste/opinion...

Also just specced a BMW 320d M Sport Coup with the equipment I want like leather, 19' inch wheels, good audio setup and sat nav (I am going for OEM from now on on my cars...). Just some sensible things for me and it came to 36200... well for me that is too much for a 3 series and with that diesel engine... But each one to its own...

Pedro
    Last edited by newbiecrg; 16th June 2008 at 19:02.
    FOR SALE: S3 Phantom Black, left hand drive, Xenons, FBMFSW, bucket seats, BOSE, rear parking sensors, armrest, interior light package, Symphony II+. Full Audi service history and 4 new Michelin Pilot Sport 2. 18500 miles PM for details! I want to give it away have a good family reason. For a quick sale around 19.5k PM only if interest is genuine! Thanks

Status
    Try speccing a TT-S with the same!

windsurfer

Status
    I would give that money faster on a TT-S than on a well specced rep mobile... sorry everyone has different tastes...

It does not mean that I wouldn't consider other options like a Z4 or even a Boxster if was buying such a niche car... (or a 350Z)

Pedro

Status
    What??! 40K?!?! That would have bought you a new E46 M3 a couple of years ago. Or an S5 now... Hey another 10K and you get a new V8 M3.

windsurfer

Status
    you get an S5? have you specced it?

Pedro

Status
    Yuo can get a poverty spec S5 for a little over it but add a few options and your looking at mid 40's easily...
    Married and blonde yes, but still a guy with a poor taste in usernames!

Mercedes Benze E-class 350 sport convertable, black, pacha grey leather, 19" AMG rims, HK stero and a few more toys
    VW Scirocco 2.0Tsi GT with Revo stage 2, evoms induction kit, lowered, short shift, miltek
    BMW 330 Coupe M sport Black, Black leather, Nav and a lot of other options.
    BMW Z4 Coupe Sport in black with a few toys - going friday and gonna be missed by my lad.
    A3 2.0Tdi S-Line DSG. Gone but not forgotten

Reverse Gear

Status
    Personally no I dont think that the A3 sportback is worth the money, I find it a very cold drive, like playing a computer game due to all the electronics that have taken away the mechanical feedback that you get as a driver.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567