Light scratches on the painwork - any recommendations?

Cootie

Reaction score
I think some little **** has decided to redecorate my bonnet. :gun2: The scratches aren't deep though and seem slightly superficial, as if someone has got a stone and rubbed it across the surface or you'd got grit in your sponge when cleaning it. Can't have been that though due to when it happened.

Anyway, can anyone offer any recommendations for sorting it? Would T-cut or similar do the job or am I looking at getting someone to buff them out.

Cheers for any help!

ScratchX by Meguiars is supposed to be good for light scratches. T-cut seems to be frowned upon nowadays.

*Edit* - just reading that back, it makes me sound ancient. I'd just like to clarify that I'm not! :yahoo:

Scratch X as Dave suggested is ok on very light scratches

Maybe approach one of the professional detailers and ask for just a bonnett correction?
Reckon it would be a coulpe of hours work tops - so maybe £100 to correct?????
Unless there is someone on here prepared to let you loose with their own porter cable???

G3 is ment to be a good one but i would use Meguiers scratch X . or as Jamiekip said take it to a professional

for scratches i use 3000 grit wet and dry - lightly rub while very wet then polish up with scratchX does the trick but be very careful not to go to far or you will ruin the panel altogether - this is also a good remedy for bird muck etchings

Thanks a lot guys - think I'll give some ScratchX a go to start with and see if that does the trick. Cheers!