Sky InsuranceChris Nott

Thread: Double bucket ?

S.3RIZZLE.....

Status

Double bucket ?

Hi just after someone to explain the double bucket thing when washing ! I know i sound stupid but just havent heard it before reading on here thanku - s.thriz

2. # ADS
    ADS

Up the owls!

Status
    Bucket 1: Your normal soapy water. Fill your wash mit up with this then was one section of car at a time.

Bucket 2: Just water, Rinse your wash mit in here thoroughly before filling up with suds from bucket 1 again.

Removes any grit etc from your wash mit and prevents it from getting into your clean bucket before you go and scrape your paint with it
    March 2011 - B8 Audi S4, Ibis White, S-Tronic, Leather / Alcantera Super Sports Seats, Heated Front Seats, Advanced Key, Tech Pack High, Electrically folding and auto dimming mirrors

SOLD - 8P Audi S3. Brilliant Black, FBMF wheel, Bose, RNS-E, Auto lights/wipers, Cruise control, Tyre pressure monitor, Parking sensors, Interior light pack, GSM phone prep, Armrest, Privacy glass, Electrically folding mirrors.

S3 LTN
    It was new to me too....

Basically its called the Two bucket method
    Once bucket full of your shampoo water. (Soapy water)
    Second full of clean water. (Rinse water)

Wash a couple of panels of your car with the soapy water then dip into rinse water to clean out the wash mitt getting rid of dirt particles that causes swirl marks.
    You'll be surprised how dirty your rinse water gets after a few dips... if you dont use this method and you use just the one bucket... then all those dirt particles that are stuck on your wash mitt basically scrap against your paint causing fine scrathes (swirl marks)

Best to pressure wash your car first get rid of most dirt and grit before two bucket method.

Cheers

S3 LTN
    You beat me to it Rich lol

Up the owls!

Status
    Haha, sorry mate. Dont you hate it when that happens, you look so stupid

At least we said the same!
    March 2011 - B8 Audi S4, Ibis White, S-Tronic, Leather / Alcantera Super Sports Seats, Heated Front Seats, Advanced Key, Tech Pack High, Electrically folding and auto dimming mirrors

SOLD - 8P Audi S3. Brilliant Black, FBMF wheel, Bose, RNS-E, Auto lights/wipers, Cruise control, Tyre pressure monitor, Parking sensors, Interior light pack, GSM phone prep, Armrest, Privacy glass, Electrically folding mirrors.

S3 LTN

Up the owls!

Status
    I have to admit, when I saw the thread title, I thought the topic was something totally different

S3 LTN
    Yeah.. Same here mate. I was expecting something to do with bucket seats.

Stealth Beast Baby Yay

Status
    Experts on washing cars great!!
    Come and do mine can you??
    Phantom Black, Revo, 450+ BHP , Milltek Evom's, Autotech fuel pump, RS4 brakes 18" Pro Race 1.2 team Dynamics, H&R ARB's, Bilstein PSS10's, Forge Twintercooler, GT3071R, RS4 Injectors, Helix racing clutch, Custom downpipe de-catted straight pipe to back box, 12.6second 1/4 mile! 4.03 sec's 0-60 This isnt just any car, this, THIS WAS the Stealth Beast!!
    Gone but not forgotten
    VCDS GONE TOO
    http://www.andyoram.co.uk

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3 LTN View Post
    Yeah.. Same here mate. I was expecting something to do with bucket seats.
    Yup, same here.

6th Gear

Status
    So it was just me that thought it was some sort of KFC special offer then....?!
    Coss

S3 S-tronic: Panther Black, lots of extras, MTM remap

1st Gear

Status
    I use the 1 bucket + foam gun method, fire foam over the car while wiping with a mitt, then rinse in the bucket before moving on to the nxt area.

S-Line

L60N
    lol. I use the 1 ticket method. 'Can i have a number 6 please'
    Joke. I aint used the rollers since my saxo

1st Gear

Status
    I think you have to avoid pressure washing the parking sensors don't you?