Double bucket ?

S.3THRIZZLE

S.3RIZZLE.....
Reaction score
Hi just after someone to explain the double bucket thing when washing ! I know i sound stupid but just havent heard it before reading on here thanku - s.thriz

Bucket 1: Your normal soapy water. Fill your wash mit up with this then was one section of car at a time.

Bucket 2: Just water, Rinse your wash mit in here thoroughly before filling up with suds from bucket 1 again.

Removes any grit etc from your wash mit and prevents it from getting into your clean bucket before you go and scrape your paint with it

It was new to me too....

Basically its called the Two bucket method
Once bucket full of your shampoo water. (Soapy water)
Second full of clean water. (Rinse water)

Wash a couple of panels of your car with the soapy water then dip into rinse water to clean out the wash mitt getting rid of dirt particles that causes swirl marks.
You'll be surprised how dirty your rinse water gets after a few dips... if you dont use this method and you use just the one bucket... then all those dirt particles that are stuck on your wash mitt basically scrap against your paint causing fine scrathes (swirl marks)

Best to pressure wash your car first get rid of most dirt and grit before two bucket method.

Cheers

Haha, sorry mate. Dont you hate it when that happens, you look so stupid :keule:

At least we said the same!

I have to admit, when I saw the thread title, I thought the topic was something totally different :think:

:) Yeah.. Same here mate. I was expecting something to do with bucket seats. :ohmy: :lmfao:

So it was just me that thought it was some sort of KFC special offer then....?! :think:

I use the 1 bucket + foam gun method, fire foam over the car while wiping with a mitt, then rinse in the bucket before moving on to the nxt area.
foam2.jpg

washmitt.jpg

ezbrush.jpg

lol. I use the 1 ticket method. 'Can i have a number 6 please'
Joke. I aint used the rollers since my saxo ;)