Anyone used AngelTuning for a remap ?

sukrw

Reaction score
Hi

Was just wondering with all those people out there with remaps, if anyone used Angel Tuning for the remap? And what they thought of the remap, service and cost etc.

http://www.angeltuning.co.uk/

2.0 TDi “140” +50bhp / 65lb ft

Looks like it is £325 for the 140 tdi 2.0 and they come to your house/work/office etc.

?

They did my two previous cars, both Alfa's. The results are spot on and Nigel, the guy that comes to do the remap is spot on. I think they only load a generic map but so does everybody else unless you specifically ask for a map tailored to your car.

Nigel posts quite a lot on www.alfaowner.com There is plenty of positive feedback about them on there.

Regards

Rob

My current car has been remapped by Angel and ive got to say i love the way the car drives, a definate increase in power. However, a lot of people on another forum have had the Angel tuned cars on the RR and time and time again they are proving to be miles below the quoted figures. Food for thought.

Rich

My advice would be use a tuner with a Rolling road so you can do some before and after runs, it saves time and money in the long run as you'll be able to actuate your gains and have peace of mind.

I agree with this entirely. When it comes to remapping the S3 i will definately use a tuner that can provide a before and after graph.

Rich

I am not too worried about how much bhp and torque i now have, at the end of the day it pulls really well now andi am pleased with the way it goes, that is more important than figures

I am not too worried about how much bhp and torque i now have, at the end of the day it pulls really well now andi am pleased with the way it goes, that is more important than figures

Agreed to a certain degree but the before and after maps do give you peace of mind, inevitably at some point you will wonder what gains you have made its just human nature especially with so many sceptics out there.

The drive is the best indication though and on most Turbo models the difference is very apparent as you well know :)

Thanks guys for all the advice - very kind of you all.

I need to get a remap done soon - wanted to go with ChippedUK on one of their Chip-n-Spin days as that seemed excellent value - £250 for the remap and a before and after RR but I don't think they are doing another day for a while .. shame as I live in the same town as they are based so real handy !

Hey ho

Thanks again all....

As already mentioned i noticed a big difference and i am more than happy with that but on the flip side of that i would still be unhappy knowing that the company are delivering much less than they claim.

Rich

Yeah i understand that but when we are talking about a difference of around 20bhp when the gain claimed is around 40bhp its a massive difference.

Rich