Anyone any experience of using Blackcircles.com for tyres

h5djr

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
My A3 Sportback will soon need some new tyres. It has the factory fitted 225/45 R17 91W Michelin Pilot Primacy XSEs at the moment. I will probably be changing all four tyres so I can choose what I like. The same Michelin's seem quite expensive compared with some others.

I've got some quotes over the internet and BlackCircles.com seem quite competitive and there is one of their partners - a private setup rather than a multi-national - only a few miles away.

used blackcircles and mytyres , you choose your local garage and the date for fitment , had no problems with either .

I tried to get some Michelin Primacy HP's from them, Pre-paid over internet only to get a telephone call 2 days later to say they were out of stock. Asked when they would be in stock and fella disappeared for 5 minutes obviously to ask someone. Would have thought he'd have the initiative to preempt a question like that?!! But other than that he was courteous and did say he didn't know when they would be in stock and offered an alternative/refund. As Primacy HP's are better for high mileage I decided to stick to my guns and decided on refund which took a further 4 days!

Got tyres in end from ATS which were slighty more expensive. Even though I did try to use them I would use them again for convieniance and price

Camskill or Elite Direct usually come out cheaper

I've used mytyres and was dissapointed with them, have to remember fitting cost on top of price of tyres. Communication is rubbish - dont tell you when tyres arrive at fitting centre etc, Web site it not updated as much as it needs to, tyres I wanted where listed on the web site as available and when ordered them found out they where not
Same thing I found with the fitting centres they use, First choice fitting site only had a phone no which when rang was unavailable, second choice charged VAT on fitting yet web site said it didnt.
Ended up having to spend loads of time on the phone complaining to them before anything got sorted & money knocked off.
I'm told blackcircles is much better
Richard

I used blackcircles a lot, no complaints from me.

Used them before and I have to say they are not the cheapest around. Also a little hit or miss what garage you get.

The cheapest place in London for tyers is without question Hendon Tyre Services 020 8205 2109. Not sure if they do a postal service. My F1 Asym's where about £30 cheaper per corner fitted then Blackcircles.

Also if you want Michelin try Costco.