Paint Code ?

Spin140

Reaction score
Anyone know the paint code for Phantom Black, my car was sold to me (used ex demo) as Flat Black but the paint is definetly metalic in this lovely sunshine.

I'm wondering if this was yet another option the dealer left off the listing ? (I gained GSM phone kit, ipod & Cruise)

I'm interested to know as if my colour is indeed Solid Black I will cancel my forthcoming order for Phantom and save myself £500 as it's lovely

If you look under the spare wheel you'll find the code for yours, put it into google and it'll tell you what it is.

Phantom is pearlescent by the way.

Taken from the S3 brochure....

Order code___Paint No.___Exterior Colour
A2A2________Y9B_______Brilliant black
L8L8_________Z9Y______Phantom black, pearl effect

Edit: Excuse the underscores, spaces and tabs don't work!

Pleased to report I have Phantom, I did think the paint was too 'interesting' to be solid black.
At least I am now happy with my ordered paint colour for the TTS

It's amazing how many extras the Dealer either missed off or got wrong on the ad for my used car, makes it seem more of a good buy now even if I won't have it for that long.

Thanks all for your help

Pleased to report I have Phantom, I did think the paint was too 'interesting' to be solid black.
At least I am now happy with my ordered paint colour for the TTS

It's amazing how many extras the Dealer either missed off or got wrong on the ad for my used car, makes it seem more of a good buy now even if I won't have it for that long.

Thanks all for your help

Nice one spin , just think of all the extras you can put on the ad come sale/trade in time!:)

p

Just picked Claire up a 6 month old ex demo Merc ML, the advertised spec was pretty good but they missed off xenons, HK surround sound upgrade, reversing camera and tracker that it came with!

Seem's they really do not know what they are selling...

J.