Lumpy tick over and random stalling

sprout99

Reaction score
anyone had this with DSG TDi?

Our's has just started this random act. Tickover is occaisionlly lumpy and it has stalled a few times of late just as you're about to pull away.

cheers

I would suggest getting it scanned for any DTCs as a starting point.

Regards,

Paul

It seems to only happen when air con is on.

As if the extra load on engine is not being compnesated for.

Anyone know how / what does this on the 2.0 TDi?

I's like to have an idea before approaching the stealers.

It seems to only happen when air con is on.

****** hell, everyone seems to be having air con problems today!!

Strange fault this though. Are you 100% it's only when the air con is on? The compressor should only add about 5bhp load on the engine so it certainly shouldn't be making you car stall. A hill would make more of a difference!

Perhaps the idle speed is set a little too low. Whilst the 5bhp doesn't sound much the engine is idling....

doubt that the tickover being set low could cause this as the ecu would compensate

I'd say get it checked over, sounds badgered to me

I would say based on with aircon running & pulling away it is idle speed is to low, there is an idle sensor isnt there for this that has been known to be intermittant even on earlier 8L cars, do a VAG 1st, then look at idle speeds, when you pull away with air con running did you check the idle rpm in dis to see if drops low cause thats a 1st quick look, not dead on balls accurate but an idea, but if you think it through it does point to this given the extra load put on by the aircon system, if a sensor is out of whack then the ecu wouldnt know to compensate.

Just my thoughts.

cheers fellas

i've been out playing the car shudders very slightly during tick over like a small surge so maybe the idle thiny is a bit dodgy. A bloke who i work with mentioned something along those lines and if dodgy MPG's would suffer .....just checked the mpg's ........42 !!

thats fecking rubbish. the old 8L of the family does 50 nee bother with masses of good flogging.

i've been up and down the back road like a banshee it's certainly going alright but somethings not quite right with her ( i blame our lasses driving ;-)

I'll try and get a VAGCOM scan done on it.

I'll let you know how I get on changing my coolant temp sensor.

I had a real lumpy start this morning, but it didn't stall.

Paul

cheers - i'm interested to know......

also if you check mpg's off tank

we got 46 on bank holiday monday but i drove steady 95% of the time

i think another fuel filter and a shot of concentrated injector cleaner.

the fuel filter is black and was only changed a short time ago.

Did you find the solution to the cutting out problem with air con on as I am now getting the same problem on my a3 tdi dsg?