Audi-Sport Road trip in August - Switzerland/Italy

• Thread starter Deleted member 22276
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 22276

After the success of the French road trip last weekend I really want another!

So basically, who is keen on joining me on a road trip around the Swiss Alps on the August bank holiday weekend (23rd, 24th & 25th)?

The route is a bit sketchy at the moment, but I'm thinking along the lines of:

Chamonix-Mont-Blanc to Davos to Zernez to Stelvio to Borimo
and Mesocco to Hinterrhein (San Bernardino Pass)

A few taster pics:

tg-san-bernardino-pass-road.jpg

tg-davos-stelvio-road.jpg

tg-stelvio-pass-north-ramp.jpg

tg-stelvio-pass-south-ramp.jpg

What d'ya think?

Have driven down that way quite a bit, but we always have to use tunnels as my wife is scared of heights !! :banghead:

If this is open to non A3'ers then I'd probably be up for it!

Chas

That Stelvio Pass looks ridiculous! Mind boggling how they'd even buld it. Definitely love to drive it though!

It certain a lovely part of the world for driving. I'm off for a 2 week holiday with my A3 in the middle of June. The first week in the Mosel Valley in Germany and the second week at Filisur, a few miles away from Davos in Switzerland. Both are areas I've visited quite a number of times in the past.

Don't forget you will need a Vignette if you intend to drive on any motorways in Switzerland. They only sell one for a full year so it works out quite expensive (£21.00) for a just a few days.

Wouldn't mind going.. ;) Stelvio Pass looks mental!

Hopefully I'll still have the S3 then what with fatherhood looming :) ...

-Sal-

Will start to put a few bob aside on the sly:sly:, so the lady cant say no!...So I`m a maybe...:hubbahubba:

I should be ok too... Going half half with a partner helps alot. So would recommend people to take on board 1 partner...

By the way Alex have you planned out the route yet? How to get there? Where to stay and stuff?

I should be ok too... Going half half with a partner helps alot. So would recommend people to take on board 1 partner...

By the way Alex have you planned out the route yet? How to get there? Where to stay and stuff?

Got a vague route planned and no accomedation yet, just want an idea of numbers right now, we have months and months to book it all up :) We'll use the euro tunnel again, so Mitch can use his booking from France that he didn't use! :)

Wow, looks amazing, is the Stelvio Pass the one from Top Gear best driving road ever?

Fatherhood! sounds scary! Would be cool if you could come :)

Scary, exciting, humbling, rewarding - all of the above hopefully! :)

I wanted to come to the last France trip you lot went on, but with the wife ready to drop anytime it probably wasn't quite right ;) .

The pics and vids looked quality have to say! :applaus:

-Sal-

If this was a year down the line I would have come along without a second thought! :notme: I've been getting a little happy with the wallet so far so using the rest of this year to work my a$$ off to have fun next year! Would have been good to meet some of you guys! :respekt:

Is that the bank holiday weekend?? if so I am at Reading festival then off to Ireland for a Rugby game :(

Yep Andy will be the bank holiday weekend. Thats a shame you would've enjoy using some of that BHP on those roads.
Nevertheless you still got some nice plans for that weekend anyway. So enjoy.

I'd be interested in this one too!
May have a mate in another S3 and a mate in an R32 (if open to vee dubs!!!) that would be interested also!
Keep me posted

I'd be interested in this one too!
May have a mate in another S3 and a mate in an R32 (if open to vee dubs!!!) that would be interested also!
Keep me posted

Awesome, get them involved! :)

ALL WELCOME!!!!!

The more the merrier ;)

It was fun with 3. Imagine the fun with 9 or more ;D

Was wondering what sort of route would be taken? Maybe down towards Monacco then over to Italy and back up?

Don't really have any idea's for routes or if thats a possibility or not.

Tempted!

Any other oil burners? Comon!
If you think you can keep up! ;)

And in reply to that I'll bring the TT instead if its that much of an issue!:arco::arco:

Have just checked the route on google maps its about 2,300 Miles (if we do the loop, go back to Chamonix-Mont-Blanc to close the loop then back to UK (destination Bristol)

Seems like a good route. We thinking 3 days? Bearing in mind its about 36hrs pure driving?

Was wondering what sort of route would be taken? Maybe down towards Monacco then over to Italy and back up?

Don't really have any idea's for routes or if thats a possibility or not.

And in reply to that I'll bring the TT instead if its that much of an issue!:arco::arco:

Not really sure yet, but if we do go down to Monaco we could do the Col De Turini:

tg-col-de-turini-road.jpg

Might be a bit of a trek though, probably more feasible to just go to the Alps and back.

As for keeping up I was just kidding! Come in what ever you want, the TT might be a tad more thirsty though! ;)

Hi yeah I would deffinatly be interested, I've never done anything like that so would need advice in whats involved. Would be nice to meet some people off the forum too. :arco:

Basically lots of disposable cash!!! I think covers it.

If you have that, the rest is easy ;)

Im guessing if your going it alone, maybe around £900?

£600 for tolls and petrol (this can be halved if your sharing the driving experience with a mate)

The other £300 will cover your hotel, channel crossing, and a bit of beer ;)

You know How I like beer Alex & Ali ;)

22hrs on the road, and at 7am, me and my friend Kris went straight to the bar for a beer. Alex's face was a picture!!!

As for keeping up I was just kidding! Come in what ever you want, the TT might be a tad more thirsty though! ;)

Exactly, I'll catch you all up at fuel stops :) but i agree lets just do the Alps and back. Having now visualised the route!

£900 all in you think? Including hotels, food, tolls etc. The mileage for this one must be nearing double the last one!

Hi yeah I would deffinatly be interested, I've never done anything like that so would need advice in whats involved. Would be nice to meet some people off the forum too. :arco:

Good man :)

Basically lots of disposable cash!!! I think covers it.

If you have that, the rest is easy ;)

Im guessing if your going it alone, maybe around £900?

£600 for tolls and petrol (this can be halved if your sharing the driving experience with a mate)

The other £300 will cover your hotel, channel crossing, and a bit of beer ;)

22hrs on the road, and at 7am, me and my friend Kris went straight to the bar for a beer. Alex's face was a picture!!!

I recon it'll be less than £900, cost us about £650 the time before last, not worked out how much it cost last time!

Lol, yeah, you mad man! Beer was the last thing on my mind after all that driving!!

Exactly, I'll catch you all up at fuel stops :) but i agree lets just do the Alps and back. Having now visualised the route!

£900 all in you think? Including hotels, food, tolls etc. The mileage for this one must be nearing double the last one!

Nah, we did 2000 miles in total last time, if anything to the alps and back will be less.

£900 would be worst case scenario I recon.

Stuff the Festival this will be more fun!! count me in...:arco::arco:

:) nice one! if you've got the Reading tickets already you could ebay them and cover some of the cost of the road trip!!

:laugh: Yeah you nutter... Drove all night through France... When we got to the hotel... All we wanted was a BED.. and Leon / Kris were like.. Point us to the direction of the bar please. :lmfao: Crazy

Anyways plenty of interest in this trip. Looking good. I should be ok too but will know closer to the time to be 100% sure.

Now rough estimation for this trip we went on... figure im getting all in all... Fuel / Toll / Food (McDs) / Crossing / Hotel is... £350 each... give or take... Plus we were hammering it everywhere:sorry: but worth every penny :)