Audi-Sport Road trip in August - Switzerland/Italy

• Thread starter Deleted member 22276
  • Start date
We've decided to rough it and camp on the 2 nights. Found a place in Interlaken just by the lake for Friday and for Saturday we'll be staying in Santa Lucia which is about a mile and a half south of Bormio. Should be good! Got my MT800's coming in tomo so I'm good to roll! :)

We've decided to rough it and camp on the 2 nights. Found a place in Interlaken just by the lake for Friday and for Saturday we'll be staying in Santa Lucia which is about a mile and a half south of Bormio. Should be good! Got my MT800's coming in tomo so I'm good to roll! :)

Nice one, you'll save a bit of wedge doing it that way. You never know, one of us posh gits might let you use a hotel shower!

You booked the eurotunnel?

Nice one, you'll save a bit of wedge doing it that way. You never know, one of us posh gits might let you use a hotel shower!

You booked the eurotunnel?

LOL might go all natural and use the lakes :ohmy:

Yup, shuttle is all booked up too. Just need to get a few things sorted like insurance and first aid but thats little details! Leaving on the same one as you and Mitch I think.

LOL might go all natural and use the lakes :ohmy:

Yup, shuttle is all booked up too. Just need to get a few things sorted like insurance and first aid but thats little details! Leaving on the same one as you and Mitch I think.

Lol, might be a little cold!!

Wicked, good man.

UPDATE:

MAYBE:
chasdrury
PNH80
sjahS3
Wes G
S3 LTN
jamiekip + another S3? + an R32?
marriedblonde
Ian W
xs2man
Gti Jazz Blue
S3izzo
djakster

DEFINITE:
siu00adg + my mate Adam - BOOKED UP
L60N
S3 Big Andy - BOOKED UP
robreun
mitch78 + mate Bob - BOOKED UP
rhubarb4
SnAzBaZ - BOOKED UP
My mate Steve in his MR2
lil_coz - BOOKED UP

Sorry folks it is a no-go for me this time.

I will watch out for any further road trips and see if I can tag along in the future.

I shall keep an eye out for the trip updates, any of these hotels have web access for updates on the fly ?

Regards,

Paul

I've been talking to a mate and he said he's pretty sure he can make it too. He's just got to check with work to get the time off but he recon's he'll be there. He's got a Vento VR6 so its in the family :)

Whats the car count so far?!

I've been talking to a mate and he said he's pretty sure he can make it too. He's just got to check with work to get the time off but he recon's he'll be there. He's got a Vento VR6 so its in the family :)

Whats the car count so far?!

UPDATE:

MAYBE:
chasdrury
PNH80
sjahS3
Wes G
S3 LTN
jamiekip + another S3? + an R32?
marriedblonde
Ian W
xs2man
S3izzo
djakster
lil_coz's mate with VR6

DEFINITE:
siu00adg + my mate Adam - BOOKED UP
L60N
S3 Big Andy - BOOKED UP
robreun
mitch78 + mate Bob - BOOKED UP
rhubarb4
SnAzBaZ - BOOKED UP
My mate Steve in his MR2
lil_coz - BOOKED UP

Sorry folks it is a no-go for me this time.

I will watch out for any further road trips and see if I can tag along in the future.

I shall keep an eye out for the trip updates, any of these hotels have web access for updates on the fly ?

Regards,

Paul

No worries, next time! :icon_thumright:

Yeah, the hotels usually have wifi :)

Haha! classic motto! much better than "it's not a race, it's a rally"

Ok Guys i got "booked up tonight" My wallets battered :)

Eurotunnel, same time as you guys, 08:20 Fri 22nd, and 22:42 on Sun 24th. Can u beleive the f*ckers changed the price half way through booking.. £136 all in.

Hotels are:

Fri 22nd - Neuhaus Golf and Strand Hotel Interlaken, Overlooking the lake :)
Sat 23rd - Baita dei Pini

Also, ive just treat myself to the latest (Qmodel) DVD RNSe, since my CD nav is a bit useless when it comes to travelling abroad :)

Good stuff! Is there going to be a convoy coming down from the north on Friday morning?

Im going thursday mate, get rested for Fri :)

Its gonna bee too much for me otherwise. It would be better to be fresh on Firday morning, rather than ****** from a 4 hour drive...

Suppose. I'm not that far away (J11 on M1) so it wont be too bad for me. I was just wondering if anyone was coming down on Friday. Thinking to meet up and go down together.

So your expecting to sleep Thursday night then!? lol I'll be buzzing!

Dude, its amazing, nothing but a pack of red bull in the back seat to keep you going :p

wicked, glad you're all booked up leon! Manged to sort out a co-pilot?

my living room floor is free for all audisportballers on the Thursday night if you need it. Can't remember who is crashing at mine but I think there are at least a couple of teams so far!

It'll be a very early start on Friday though, so no heavy lashing the night before!.... Leon! ;-)

I have a spare room in Reading, about 30 mins to Guilford if needed too!

Where abouts? I used to live and go to uni there. Speaking of which I have a house in Reading that might be inbetween tennants in august, might be a bit more comfortable than my living room floor! I'll find out if it's going to be empty...

Suppose. I'm not that far away (J11 on M1) so it wont be too bad for me. I was just wondering if anyone was coming down on Friday. Thinking to meet up and go down together.

So your expecting to sleep Thursday night then!? lol I'll be buzzing!

I'm driving down Friday morning at the moment, coming from West Mids though so M40 - M25 - M20 for me, not much scope to meet up except for on the M20, but then you might as well carry on to the Euro Tunnel.

Might leave Thursday evening depends if I can get away from work at a sensible time.... :(

Andrew

I'm driving down Friday morning at the moment, coming from West Mids though so M40 - M25 - M20 for me, not much scope to meet up except for on the M20, but then you might as well carry on to the Euro Tunnel.

Might leave Thursday evening depends if I can get away from work at a sensible time.... :(

Andrew

Yea you'll be coming in the other way. It shouldn't take me more than 2 hours to get there. Pretty straight forward route too. M1-M25-M20. At half 5, 6 in the morning, should be there in no time!

Yeah, yeah.... just make sure you have enough gimp masks and a big enough bowl for all the keys.

Bwahahaaaaa :applaus:

Woa, i didnt think it was one of those kinds of parties.. :shutup2:

P.S. Cheers Marc, for the advice on the NAV stuff. :icon_thumright:

No Co-pilot as yet Alex.

How was it going it alone?

It was alright, the adrenaline kept me going! knackered when I got home though!

If you can, bring a co-pilot though, it'll be better, although solo you'll get to drive on all the sweet roads, not just half!

Yeah, its finding someone who has the time to spare. Its proving difficult. Its creeping up on us quickly now.. I dont think i'd be too bothered going it alone, its just a bit lonely on long journeys. Good to have a laugh on the way ....

Yeah, its finding someone who has the time to spare. Its proving difficult. Its creeping up on us quickly now.. I dont think i'd be too bothered going it alone, its just a bit lonely on long journeys. Good to have a laugh on the way ....

Yeah, maybe you should post a thread asking if anyone on here fancies going with you. Bit of a gamble though, you might end up with a chump!

Yeah, maybe you should post a thread asking if anyone on here fancies going with you. Bit of a gamble though, you might end up with a chump!

Exactly, could hold interviews :)

Actually, on balance, I dont fancy having a complete stranger thraping my car :)

I`m defo a chump lol...can I come:(...will even sport the wig for the whole journey:beerchug:...

Would love to go but still a bit of a dodgy subject with the Mrs at the mo with hols coming up.:shutup2: So would still be doubtfull:bye:

Im well gutted I cant join you lot!:sob:

I`m defo a chump lol...can I come:(...will even sport the wig for the whole journey:beerchug:...

Would love to go but still a bit of a dodgy subject with the Mrs at the mo with hols coming up.:shutup2: So would still be doubtfull:bye:

Im well gutted I cant join you lot!:sob:

Shame, but if you manage to get the green light from the misses then I would have thought you would be alright booking quite late, there are loads of hotels in Interlaken and Bormio.

would love to do this, but missus is working that weekend (asked but cant get out of it, vet on call ) bro lives in swiss aswell, neuchatel - could of had a stop off. feck

you guys doing it next year?