Badger5Sky Insurance
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast
Results 361 to 400 of 549
  1. #361
    siu00adg's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    995
    Quote Originally Posted by L60N View Post
    Hi guys.

    I had a long chat with my girlfriend last night.

    Basically, ive decided to pull out.

    I know its going to be an expensive weekend and I felt that with the money I could put it towards taking my partner away for a really nice holiday, one I probably couldnt afford if i went to Switzerland.

    Its not been an easy decision to make, but on balance, the right thing to do. If there was only a couple going i'd probably still go but as soo many are going, it wont affect things me pulling out...

    Sorry
    ****, I'm gutted mate. Haven't you already booked and paid for the eurostar and hotels though?
    Last edited by siu00adg; 4th July 2008 at 11:36.

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #362
    L60N
    Guest
    Hi Alex,

    Ive cancelled the hotels but couldnt cancel the Eurostar (gits) So ive got a crossing ticket left open to be used within a year.

    Im really sorry mate.. so wanted to come, but i started to feel a bit guilty about spending all that money on myself, especially because i havnt taken Ellie away this year yet

    It was the right decision to take, but not an easy one beleive me

    Im still going to get the stickers done for you all though

  4. #363
    siu00adg's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    995
    Quote Originally Posted by L60N View Post
    Hi Alex,

    Ive cancelled the hotels but couldnt cancel the Eurostar (gits) So ive got a crossing ticket left open to be used within a year.

    Im really sorry mate.. so wanted to come, but i started to feel a bit guilty about spending all that money on myself, especially because i havnt taken Ellie away this year yet

    It was the right decision to take, but not an easy one beleive me

    Im still going to get the stickers done for you all though
    No worries mate, I understand, the power of woman is formibable!

    It's a real shame you can't come though, you will be missed!

    I really hope Ali can make it! Not sounding too promising though

  5. #364
    siu00adg's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    995
    UPDATE:

    MAYBE:
    chasdrury
    PNH80
    sjahS3
    Wes G
    S3 LTN
    jamiekip + another S3? + an R32?
    marriedblonde
    Ian W
    xs2man
    S3izzo
    djakster
    lil_coz's mate with VR6

    DEFINITE:
    siu00adg + my mate Adam - BOOKED UP
    S3 Big Andy - BOOKED UP
    robreun
    mitch78 + mate Bob - BOOKED UP
    rhubarb4
    SnAzBaZ - BOOKED UP
    My mate Steve in his MR2
    lil_coz - BOOKED UP

    We are down to 5 8Ps!

  6. #365
    S3 LTN
    Guest
    Unlucky mate...
    Looks like your going to have to lock away the wig for another roadtrip next time.

    Understand what your saying though spending all that money on yourself... wise decision as it not fair for her.

    But a defo for next time bud

  7. #366
    S3 LTN
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by siu00adg View Post
    No worries mate, I understand, the power of woman is formibable!

    It's a real shame you can't come though, you will be missed!

    I really hope Ali can make it! Not sounding too promising though
    No luck with them wheels yet mate... Not good either.

  8. #367
    siu00adg's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    995
    Quote Originally Posted by S3 LTN View Post
    No luck with them wheels yet mate... Not good either.
    Fingers crossed!! You've got 6 weeks or so!

  9. #368
    mitch78's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    noun: a particular place or position
    Posts
    2,723
    Last edited by mitch78; 15th March 2009 at 00:40.
    Ex 8L S3 driver

    also A3, 320, Golf, Clio, Astra, Focus, Mondeo, Laguna, Escort, Calibra, 220, others and now back to a Focus...

  10. #369
    lil_coz's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,636
    Quote Originally Posted by L60N View Post
    Hi guys.

    I had a long chat with my girlfriend last night.

    Basically, ive decided to pull out.

    I know its going to be an expensive weekend and I felt that with the money I could put it towards taking my partner away for a really nice holiday, one I probably couldnt afford if i went to Switzerland.

    Its not been an easy decision to make, but on balance, the right thing to do. If there was only a couple going i'd probably still go but as soo many are going, it wont affect things me pulling out...

    Sorry
    Thats a shame dude! Was gonna be good meeting you! I can see your reasoning tho. Smart move otherwise you'll have hell to pay for!
    Coss

    S3 S-tronic: Panther Black, lots of extras, MTM remap


  11. #370
    lil_coz's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,636
    Evening guys. Got speaking to someone the other day who's been to Switzerland a few times and he's said that we've really got to be careful with the cameras because

    a) they dont paint them bright yellow
    b) they are basically a concrete block on the floor that you would never guess was a camera

    Basically he only knew because of his tomtom beeping away at him letting him know! Also... what are we doing about our headlights? Do we have to have them adjusted for driving on the other side of the road?

    Coss
    Coss

    S3 S-tronic: Panther Black, lots of extras, MTM remap


  12. #371
    mitch78's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    noun: a particular place or position
    Posts
    2,723
    Last edited by mitch78; 15th March 2009 at 00:40.
    Ex 8L S3 driver

    also A3, 320, Golf, Clio, Astra, Focus, Mondeo, Laguna, Escort, Calibra, 220, others and now back to a Focus...

  13. #372
    lil_coz's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,636
    Oh excellent. Cheers mate! Didnt think it was as simple as a couple of clicks of the mouse. I'm thinking of getting one myself. Sounds as though it'll save me a load of hassle
    Coss

    S3 S-tronic: Panther Black, lots of extras, MTM remap


  14. #373
    siu00adg's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    995
    Quote Originally Posted by lil_coz View Post
    Evening guys. Got speaking to someone the other day who's been to Switzerland a few times and he's said that we've really got to be careful with the cameras because

    a) they dont paint them bright yellow
    b) they are basically a concrete block on the floor that you would never guess was a camera

    Basically he only knew because of his tomtom beeping away at him letting him know! Also... what are we doing about our headlights? Do we have to have them adjusted for driving on the other side of the road?

    Coss
    Yeah, we will have to be careful on the Swiss motorways, should be fine on the alps though.

    Quote Originally Posted by mitch78 View Post
    I've just bought a Snooper S280 for exactly that reason. It's one of the few that covers all of Europe including Switzerland, most of them do all but Switzerland.
    Been thinking about getting something like that, where do you get yours from and how much did it cost? I think the S270 also has Europe and is a fair bit cheaper.

  15. #374
    Quote Originally Posted by lil_coz View Post
    Evening guys. Got speaking to someone the other day who's been to Switzerland a few times and he's said that we've really got to be careful with the cameras because

    a) they dont paint them bright yellow
    b) they are basically a concrete block on the floor that you would never guess was a camera

    Basically he only knew because of his tomtom beeping away at him letting him know! Also... what are we doing about our headlights? Do we have to have them adjusted for driving on the other side of the road?

    Coss
    One other thing with headlights. Having just returned from a week's holiday with my A3 in Switzerland, most Swiss drivers drive with dipped headlights or DRLs on at all the times. Auto-lights are extremely useful as well because of the number of tunnels. Remember Swiss law requires the use of headlights in all tunnels and the speed limit in most tunnels is 100kph or 60mph. Quite a few tunnels have radar units built-in to the tunnels to check on excessive speed.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

  16. #375
    lil_coz's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,636
    Quote Originally Posted by h5djr View Post
    One other thing with headlights. Having just returned from a week's holiday with my A3 in Switzerland, most Swiss drivers drive with dipped headlights or DRLs on at all the times. Auto-lights are extremely useful as well because of the number of tunnels. Remember Swiss law requires the use of headlights in all tunnels and the speed limit in most tunnels is 100kph or 60mph. Quite a few tunnels have radar units built-in to the tunnels to check on excessive speed.
    Yea I got told about the tunnels too about it being law to have your lights on in them. Shouldn't effect me too much because I always have my DRL's on and have auto lights. Apparently not much in the form of road lighting out there either.
    Coss

    S3 S-tronic: Panther Black, lots of extras, MTM remap


  17. #376
    mitch78's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    noun: a particular place or position
    Posts
    2,723
    Last edited by mitch78; 15th March 2009 at 00:41.
    Ex 8L S3 driver

    also A3, 320, Golf, Clio, Astra, Focus, Mondeo, Laguna, Escort, Calibra, 220, others and now back to a Focus...

  18. #377
    mitch78's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    noun: a particular place or position
    Posts
    2,723
    Last edited by mitch78; 15th March 2009 at 00:41.
    Ex 8L S3 driver

    also A3, 320, Golf, Clio, Astra, Focus, Mondeo, Laguna, Escort, Calibra, 220, others and now back to a Focus...

  19. #378
    siu00adg's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    995
    40 days to go!!


  20. #379
    S3 Big Andy's Avatar
    Stealth Beast Baby Yay

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Bramley Hants
    Posts
    707
    Woooo hoooooo!!!!
    Phantom Black, Revo, 450+ BHP , Milltek Evom's, Autotech fuel pump, RS4 brakes 18" Pro Race 1.2 team Dynamics, H&R ARB's, Bilstein PSS10's, Forge Twintercooler, GT3071R, RS4 Injectors, Helix racing clutch, Custom downpipe de-catted straight pipe to back box, 12.6second 1/4 mile! 4.03 sec's 0-60 This isnt just any car, this, THIS WAS the Stealth Beast!!
    Gone but not forgotten
    VCDS GONE TOO
    http://www.andyoram.co.uk





  21. #380
    L60N
    Guest
    You guys are gonna have a blast!!!!

  22. #381
    siu00adg's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    995
    Quote Originally Posted by L60N View Post
    You guys are gonna have a blast!!!!
    Well you could too if you crashed on the floor of my hotel rooms! ;-)

    Wish you could come mate! Ali, you had any joy with those wheels yet??

  23. #382
    mitch78's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    noun: a particular place or position
    Posts
    2,723
    Last edited by mitch78; 15th March 2009 at 00:41.
    Ex 8L S3 driver

    also A3, 320, Golf, Clio, Astra, Focus, Mondeo, Laguna, Escort, Calibra, 220, others and now back to a Focus...

  24. #383
    L60N
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by siu00adg View Post
    Well you could too if you crashed on the floor of my hotel rooms! ;-)
    Mate, If the holiday doesnt conflict with the weekend, i may take you up on that offer!!

  25. #384
    L60N
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mitch78 View Post
    I was telling him the same yesterday, as it looks almost certain that my mate can't make it so I'll have an empty passenger seat.
    As above mate

    I'll hopefully be getting something booked early this week. Just waiting on finding out when my partner can get time off. IF it doesnt conflict, then i may still be coming with ya

  26. #385
    S3 LTN
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by siu00adg View Post
    Well you could too if you crashed on the floor of my hotel rooms! ;-)

    Wish you could come mate! Ali, you had any joy with those wheels yet??
    I've put them up on Ebay. Got 8 people watching them... so hopefully i can join the <<<< Grey car don't work!

  27. #386
    mitch78's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    noun: a particular place or position
    Posts
    2,723
    Last edited by mitch78; 15th March 2009 at 00:42.
    Ex 8L S3 driver

    also A3, 320, Golf, Clio, Astra, Focus, Mondeo, Laguna, Escort, Calibra, 220, others and now back to a Focus...

  28. #387
    L60N
    Guest
    The grey car is in Liverpool - sat on bricks

  29. #388
    siu00adg's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    995
    Quote Originally Posted by L60N View Post
    Mate, If the holiday doesnt conflict with the weekend, i may take you up on that offer!!
    Quote Originally Posted by L60N View Post
    As above mate

    I'll hopefully be getting something booked early this week. Just waiting on finding out when my partner can get time off. IF it doesnt conflict, then i may still be coming with ya
    Quote Originally Posted by S3 LTN View Post
    I've put them up on Ebay. Got 8 people watching them... so hopefully i can join the <<<< Grey car don't work!
    Sweet, so we _might_ have all the verdon lads going!

  30. #389
    S3 LTN
    Guest

  31. #390
    L60N
    Guest

  32. #391
    mitch78's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    noun: a particular place or position
    Posts
    2,723
    Last edited by mitch78; 15th March 2009 at 00:42.
    Ex 8L S3 driver

    also A3, 320, Golf, Clio, Astra, Focus, Mondeo, Laguna, Escort, Calibra, 220, others and now back to a Focus...

  33. #392
    L60N
    Guest
    Saw it Lee.

    There was a few funny parallels. They did 2000miles.... in a convoy! Must be an Audi thing

  34. #393
    siu00adg's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    995
    UPDATE:

    MAYBE:
    chasdrury
    PNH80
    Wes G
    S3 LTN
    jamiekip + another S3? + an R32?
    marriedblonde
    Ian W
    xs2man
    S3izzo
    djakster
    lil_coz's mate with VR6

    DEFINITE:
    siu00adg + my mate Adam - BOOKED UP
    S3 Big Andy - BOOKED UP
    robreun - BOOKED UP
    mitch78 - BOOKED UP
    rhubarb4
    SnAzBaZ - BOOKED UP
    My mate Steve in his MR2
    lil_coz - BOOKED UP

    Any more for any more?

    rhubarb4 - any news?

    Leon is ordering the stickers and we need to know exactly how many cars are going....
    Last edited by siu00adg; 29th July 2008 at 14:58.

  35. #394
    L60N
    Guest
    Ive ordered 20. I'll drop them round at Lee's once theyre delivered.

    Really wish i was going, but its a defo no now.

  36. #395
    Gti Jazz Blue's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hampshire
    Posts
    1,654
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcQuinlivan View Post
    Signed up for a myface account just for this!
    Ditto.

    Paul
    2011 (MY12) Skoda Octavia II FL VRS Manual Hatch 2.0Tsi in Race Blue.
    Gone not forgotten -
    2005 Black A3 (8P1) S-Line 2.0TDi DSG. Eibach Pro Springs, Koni FSD shocks and a few bling bits inside.
    Revo 99 GTi Turbo, too much to list mod wise.
    92 Golf Gti Mark 2 16V.

    VCDS HEX-USB+CAN

  37. #396
    siu00adg's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    995
    Quote Originally Posted by Gti Jazz Blue View Post
    Ditto.

    Paul
    Will you be coming this year Paul?

  38. #397
    Gti Jazz Blue's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hampshire
    Posts
    1,654
    Quote Originally Posted by siu00adg View Post
    Will you be coming this year Paul?
    No can do - I have a family BBQ that weekend, my Step-Father's Birthday.

    Paul
    2011 (MY12) Skoda Octavia II FL VRS Manual Hatch 2.0Tsi in Race Blue.
    Gone not forgotten -
    2005 Black A3 (8P1) S-Line 2.0TDi DSG. Eibach Pro Springs, Koni FSD shocks and a few bling bits inside.
    Revo 99 GTi Turbo, too much to list mod wise.
    92 Golf Gti Mark 2 16V.

    VCDS HEX-USB+CAN

  39. #398
    JohnS3's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    3,021
    I'll get a faceache account so I can keep track of this thing too!


  40. #399
    lil_coz's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,636
    UPDATE:

    MAYBE:
    chasdrury
    PNH80
    Wes G
    S3 LTN
    jamiekip + another S3? + an R32?
    marriedblonde
    Ian W
    xs2man
    S3izzo
    djakster
    lil_coz's mate with VR6
    lil_coz - BOOKED UP

    DEFINITE:
    siu00adg + my mate Adam - BOOKED UP
    S3 Big Andy - BOOKED UP
    robreun - BOOKED UP
    mitch78 - BOOKED UP
    rhubarb4
    SnAzBaZ - BOOKED UP
    My mate Steve in his MR2


    Hey guys. Just to let you know that I might not be able to do this. An opportunity has come up that I can't afford to miss. I'll know for sure if I can come the week before we're due to leave. Shame because I was really looking forward to it!!

    Coss
    Coss

    S3 S-tronic: Panther Black, lots of extras, MTM remap


  41. #400
    S3 LTN
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lil_coz View Post
    UPDATE:

    MAYBE:
    chasdrury
    PNH80
    Wes G
    S3 LTN
    jamiekip + another S3? + an R32?
    marriedblonde
    Ian W
    xs2man
    S3izzo
    djakster
    lil_coz's mate with VR6
    lil_coz - BOOKED UP

    DEFINITE:
    siu00adg + my mate Adam - BOOKED UP
    S3 Big Andy - BOOKED UP
    robreun - BOOKED UP
    mitch78 - BOOKED UP
    rhubarb4
    SnAzBaZ - BOOKED UP
    My mate Steve in his MR2


    Hey guys. Just to let you know that I might not be able to do this. An opportunity has come up that I can't afford to miss. I'll know for sure if I can come the week before we're due to leave. Shame because I was really looking forward to it!!

    Coss

    Unlucky mate.
    Would've been a blast for you.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO