AH FabricationsVolks Autos
    RAC 500W

Status

RS4 Style Alloys

Hi,

Now that i have found out my car will be a couple of weeks away and that it will now be white im very much interested in getting some new style RS4 replicas but i have a couple of questions.

1. What are the risks involved with buying replicas as i have never done this before?
    2. Does anybody know where i can get some good quality ones with the Audi centre?
    3. Im sure i saw them in a gunmetal colour with maybe a polished finish? I cant seem to find them anywhere however. Any ideas?

Thanks

Rich

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Rich

I do not recommend replicas as they can be poor quality, like anything there are good replicas and bad replicas you can't really tell which are which just from looking at them. Most are made in China so the source is hard to trace. I would recommend a good set of branded wheel so you know that they come from a good factory, have a warranty and will have been tested. That said lots of people have reps and don't have any problems so as long as you do not abuse them they should be fine. I can supply RS4 reps if you want them, I think these are the ones you are after.

An 18" set of these with 225/40/18 Falken FK452s will cost you 690 inc VAT from us. Check out our site at www.designerwheels.co.uk to see what else we have, we are offering a 5% discount on any wheel and tyre package in May.
    If you need any advice just call 0151 343 0003.

John.
    A4 Avant 1.9 TDi 2004 - 20x8.5 & 20x10 Futura wheels and tints

To come: lowering, HIDs, full MB Quart and Orion sound system, covered interior trim, body kit

www.designerwheels.co.uk

RAC 500W

Status
    Thanks very much for the advice John. Its good to get help from people in the trade. I really like the style of those wheels, imo they just look so good. How do you rate the quality of your replicas then? Have you had many problems?

Rich

1st Gear

Status
    To be honest the only ones we have had problems with ourselves are the Range Rover Overfinch replicas, so we have pulled these all together. We have not had any problems with the Audi/VW stuff and we only source from one particular import company that we really trust.

To come: lowering, HIDs, full MB Quart and Orion sound system, covered interior trim, body kit

www.designerwheels.co.uk

RAC 500W

Status
    Ok well it all sounds pretty good to me. Is it just the ones in the picture that you can get or can you get the original ones as well without the black?

Rich

1st Gear

Status
    There are no 18" silvers in till the end of the month.

www.designerwheels.co.uk

On Boost

Status
    Just out of interest John , how much for these in19's?

Thanks

leon

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom View Post
    Just out of interest John , how much for these in19's?

Thanks

leon
    They would look the dogs on your S3 P, go for it.

If it helps I paid 1050 16 months ago for 19" with Goodyear GSD III, they were reps made in italy, great quality with OEM type centre caps not stickers, also included new wheel bolts and McGuard Ultra lockers.

No doubt this price can be bettered now as they were not so common back then.

Food for thought - My OEM 19" RS4 on the TT are stamped made in Italy as well !
    Wife - 12 BMW 320D 181 bhp, 8 Speed Auto, Melbourne Red, Heated Leather, privacy.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy. (Sold)
    Golf GTi MK6 - Revo stage 2, ITG, Milltek Race TBE, AP Racing 4 pot BBK - Sold.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy,Nav, Park sensors, 6 disc, Revo Stage 1, ITG Enclosed Intake - Sold
    BMW M135i F20 - Bloody good straight from the box !

"Fast Cars are Safer...."

On Boost

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Spin140 View Post
    They would look the dogs on your S3 P, go for it.

If it helps I paid 1050 16 months ago for 19" with Goodyear GSD III, they were reps made in italy, great quality with OEM type centre caps not stickers, also included new wheel bolts and McGuard Ultra lockers.

No doubt this price can be bettered now as they were not so common back then.

Food for thought - My OEM 19" RS4 on the TT are stamped made in Italy as well !
    They would look the cats whiskers on my car , but the thing that puts me off is there common and soon enough they'll be making them in Corsa and Saxo off sets!

p

RAC 500W

Status
    Thanks again John, im in no hurry as i wont be getting the car until the end of the month anyway. I must admit they are very popular amongst A3's but i much much prefer them to the standard wheels, i love the slightly darker finish. Definately on the cards.

Rich

?

Status
    who cares if they're common, they really suit the S3 and 99% of people would assume they are standard on the S3 anyway - like they should be
    Phantom Black B7 S4 + Milltek

RAC 500W

Status
    Yeah i suppose, i like my car to stand out slightly though (not too much obviously because i dont want to get jacked) and i know with these wheels it probably wont. I was thinking however it i was to go with the ones in the picture below they will suit my car as its white and they arent as popular as the standard reps.

Rich