Chris NottVolks Autos
    Reverse Gear

Status

New guy, my car pics misano red

Hi guys and girls , hope you like my car pics below. Im new to this forum, having been a lurker for a while, i have found so much helpfull information from this site and managed to find myself a mint a3 2.0t quattro.
    Before this car I had a BMW M5 2002 V8, what a beast truly missed. it was just one of those cars i had to own even for a short period, loved every minute. The a3 i have now took some getting used to, could not get used to the driving position and it felt to small inside, also lack of power. But Im happy to say i have bonded with my car and Im loving it. The custom code re-map helped of course!!

2. # ADS
    ADS

GlasgowRangersFC

Status
    Looks stunning mate. It was a hard choice for me between the black, red or white. Last brief was red so opted for black but sometimes wish I hadn't looking at those pics.
    Gone...Brilliant Black 2008 A3 Turbo FSi Sport, Dual Climate Zones, Piano Black Inserts, Rain and Light pack, Xenon Plus, Armrest, ConcertII+, 18" S5 Wheels, 35mm Springs, Parking Sensors and a few other toys

Coming...2010 white BMW e90 320d M Sport, steptronic, 19'' CSL reps, H&R Sport Springs, Dakota Leather, Full+Full

Lets make that kitten purr...

Status
    Nice. Was a choice between red or black for me to. Decided on the black which I'm well happy with but it does get dirty quick!

Always think S3 mirrors look nicest with the red too.
    2008 A3 1.8T FSI S-line Phantom Black, Bose, iPod Dock, Front Centre Armrest, Storage Pack, Aluminium Pedals, H&R Spacers, Eibach Pro's, Ambient Lighting, Pressed plates with Ingolstadt surrounds.

Third Gear

Status
    Nice matey, do like that that Misano, looks lush.

Enjoy !!

Mark
    07 S3 Sprint Blue Now Sold
    12 Range Rover Evoque Dynamic Now sold
    A3 20 TDI S-Line Sportback in Daytona Grey with Aluminium Roof Rails, Fine Nappa Leather, Sat Nav, Comfort pack,Audi Sound System, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Privacy Glass, Interior Light Pack, Non Smoke Pack.

B cool, B safe, B foolish

Status
    Very nice buddy, like the red alot.

Noggy Blue 225 TT - Forge Split 'R' DV - 18' Oettinger's - Noggy Blue Callipers

windsurfer

Status
    Misano was on my list but reports of paint peeling put me off a little bit hence the phantom black... But it looks very nice!

Pedro
    FOR SALE: S3 Phantom Black, left hand drive, Xenons, FBMFSW, bucket seats, BOSE, rear parking sensors, armrest, interior light package, Symphony II+. Full Audi service history and 4 new Michelin Pilot Sport 2. 18500 miles PM for details! I want to give it away have a good family reason. For a quick sale around 19.5k PM only if interest is genuine! Thanks

6th Gear

Status
    I have the Misano Red too, and I must say it looks fantastic when the sun is really shining and the car is clean. It's been 23-24 degrees here most of the week so it has been looking well all week.

The standard red looks good on its own, but when you park a Misano one next to a standard one there's just no comparison.

Liking the tints. Considering getting my own done - what percentage are they?

Is the inside of your A-pillar white?

is a retronaut

Status
    Nice choice of engine and I'm sure the remap did help lol

I'm interested in the tints too. % please mate.

Welcome, enjoy your stay.
    8P2 S3

For advice on Air Con problems please read my FAQs.
    To find ASN members with VCDS check out the MAP.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Easy guys thanks for the positive comments, seems like alot of you guys went with black given the choice, iv owned black cars in the past look stunning when clean but just dont stay that way.
    Im really happy with the misano red, i wanted something different and eye catching aswell as being easy to clean. When i clean it, it has a shine as good as blacks but last ten times longer, actually the windows show up the dirt quicker because they have a dark tint. In certain light and angles the red has some orange to it, especially under petrol station lights at night looks like a totally different car.

MarqQuinlivan- you dont miss a beat mate, had to have a double take at my pics, i think the inside of my pillars are white. gonna have to check that when i get a sec, postive the roof lining is black though, strange?

About the tints I bought the car used from Audi, and the previous owner had them done. The salesman said they were legal, but i some how doubt it, most likely 50% all round, nice from inside not too dark.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by s3boost View Post
    MarqQuinlivan- you dont miss a beat mate, had to have a double take at my pics, i think the inside of my pillars are white. gonna have to check that when i get a sec, postive the roof lining is black though, strange?
    I just wanted to check as I was considering the tints on my own car. My mate who bought my old dolphin grey A3 got the windows tinted and they look good, except for a slight white line aroud the bottom of the rear side windows, so I wasn't sure if yours had the white or black interior.

Having said that, in the photo of my old and current cars below, my black A pillars look white too - although not as white as the old ones (which are white)

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by s3boost View Post
    Im really happy with the misano red, i wanted something different and eye catching aswell as being easy to clean. When i clean it, it has a shine as good as blacks but last ten times longer, actually the windows show up the dirt quicker because they have a dark tint. In certain light and angles the red has some orange to it, especially under petrol station lights at night looks like a totally different car.
    Agreed - when cleaned and polished up the sun gives it a lovely orangey shine.

At night under the street lighting it has a nice glow too. Makes it look a totally different colour.

Reverse Gear

Status
    MarcQuinlivan- easy mate, checked my pillars they are black, had me worried for a sec. They look white in some pics, like the one you have put up, funny that.
    Loving the night shots, thats exactly what im talking about, its that glow at night that the car gives off, looks totally different. My mate had a Focus ST bright orange one, and that at nite had the same affect but a bit more brighter. Can really put my finger on it, but its like a weird grey sort of colour,
    i think a "glow" sums it up.

Smoking is good for you

Status
    Derbyshire, land of the free home of the brave.
    Nice car matey, and welcome!!

Im gonna ask what everyone wants to, but darent haha!! Pics of the M5 pleeeease!!
    8P S3 S-Tronic BE. Stage 2 from Awesome GTi.

Gone - S4 bi-turbo - forever a place in my heart!

6th Gear

Status
    Red looks great, a real head turner.
    Wife - 12 BMW 320D 181 bhp, 8 Speed Auto, Melbourne Red, Heated Leather, privacy.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy. (Sold)
    Golf GTi MK6 - Revo stage 2, ITG, Milltek Race TBE, AP Racing 4 pot BBK - Sold.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy,Nav, Park sensors, 6 disc, Revo Stage 1, ITG Enclosed Intake - Sold
    BMW M135i F20 - Bloody good straight from the box !

"Fast Cars are Safer...."

Low life livin' the high life.

Status
    I had to crack a smile at "lack of power".... I've always found the 2.0TFSI lump always has ample power but coming from an M5?....Come on be fair! lol
    A3 2.0T FSI Quattro S-Line, 3 Door, Avus Silver (special ed.)

For Sale:

S-Line gear knob, stick and gator.
    Full set of OEM wheel bolts (incl. locking nuts & caps)
    19" BBS CK's Anthracite - SOLD