LED on "current" pre facelift S3

Young un

Reaction score
Hi all
My day off and was taking advantage of the weather...so I cleaned the car for the first time since taking delivery 1week ago.

On closer inspection of the headlight unit, I can see a strip of LED running in the gap between the bottom of the light cluster and the front bumper.

I tried all the light settings to see if they would "light" up - just as well they didnt cos im not a fan of the LEDs on the A3/S3

Just wondered if anyone else has noticed this. I'll try get some pics but not sure if the quality would be any good, cos the gap is tiny

I'm thinking DRL (daytime running lights) mate, maybe need enabling in VAGCOM to make them come on with lights or when set to auto with auto lights, maybe work in conjunction with light sensor aswell.

Know anyone local with VAG who can have a play with settings & see if they come on, did you see any wiring loom to them as audi do prewire in some things on some cars incase they are fitted during factory build & if not then thyey wont work, but as you say you can actulaly see the LED's then this would maybe indicate it has them connected.

Check the new spec on audi.co.uk & see if its an added item for new build car then gives idea of what they are or if they are available, personally I think it would look cool & subtle.

Thanks.

NIgel.

I had another look at it nigel
Tried taking photos but they look pretty drab and probably wont show up very well. I counted 5 LED on either side with a wire running toward each front wheel arch. Maybe this is the pre-wired loom which simply needs connecting. Im not sure if I can actually see each individual LED or just an LED strip-rack/holder.

I had a look on the Audi website. The facelift A3/S3 appears to have LED DRL on the top part of the light cluster. This is different to the LED i can see on my S3.

I might nip into local Audi dealer next time I passs by and enquire about this but im in no rush - like I said earlier, im not a big fan of the LED lighting on A3/S3

Any other A3/S3 owner who have noticed this?

I would say wiring loom probably connects down onto the foglight loom aswell, see if you can take some photo so we can all have a peak then others will chip in & look around, also others will connect them up so you can see if you like or not & some would most likely take the bumper of to for closer inspections where some people arent fully confident, saves you the time of doing if not sure, lol.

You have xenon units i assume? I'd be interested to find out about this. I'd like some daytime running lights but the new style lights look dog ****. If there's an option to fit these into pre-facelift lights that'd be great.

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh107/yung-****/th_IMG_0413.jpg
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh107/yung-****/th_IMG_0414.jpg

Apologies for the terrible picture quality. I hope the arrows that I've drawn on will help indicate what I mean in this thread. (double click on each image to enlarge)

Sorry, the last picture was supposed to show an arrow pointing to the "gap" between the light cluster and the front bumper. I must have accidentally uploaded the "original" image instead of the "edited" image.