Interior Lighting Pack?

mcc49

Stalled
Reaction score
Had a phone call from the dealer today saying Sunband wasnt available on the new A3 as an option without the Interior Lighting Pack so in the end I opted to have it added as an extra. So what exactly is in this package? I kind of gathered its about interior lighting from the name but what does it add specifically? Pics would be appreciated also!

You get:

footwell lighting
ambient light above gear stick
lighting for interior door handles
puddle lights
open door warning lights
illuminated vanity mirrors

Edit: Oh and map reading lights

Reactions: GTz
hmm are all these additional lighting distracting when driving at night? I dont want my car lighting up like a disco :unsure:

Well the footwell, puddle and open door warning lights are only on when the door is open. The map lights have a switch and the illuminated door handles are only on with the interior lights I think. But they're very subtle anyway.

The only one that is on while you drive is the ambient light and it illuminates the gear stick area all the time. I was worried about this one myself but it's pretty good actually. If it bothered me I planned to just tape over the lights. I'm going to take some photos of the whole pack tomorrow once my camera is charged and then do a thread that we can always refer to as this question comes up fairly often. I have asked it myself before.

No mate - the only lights visible when driving are the ambient lights above the gear stick - they are LEDs and glow a nice red.

EDIT - note to self - must learn to type faster :keule:

excellent, would love to see some pics.

Well the footwell, puddle and open door warning lights are only on when the door is open. The map lights have a switch and the illuminated door handles are only on with the interior lights I think. But they're very subtle anyway.
My door handle LEDs are on all the time day and night like the led above the gearstick

I would never order another audi without the interior light pack. It adds the kind of luxury feel that makes you love the car even more :) Very classy, nothing chavvy about it at all.

I would never order another audi without the interior light pack. It adds the kind of luxury feel that makes you love the car even more :) Very classy, nothing chavvy about it at all.

I agree. The lighting pack has been standard on all 6 of my A3s and if it was not standard it would be the first item to be ticked in the options list.

Due to the inviting powers of alcohol, and my family who are set on getting me drunk and fed now I'm back, I have been unable to get some night time pics, and won't be able to for a few days.

Until then here are the pics I took yesterday. Sorry for the crappiness of them. I'll do a whole new thread with some good pics in a few days. Unless someone beats me to it.

Footwell lighting
DSC00308-1.jpg

Puddle light
DSC00309.jpg

Door open warning light
DSC00310.jpg

Reading lights (front)
DSC00311.jpg

Reading lights (rear)
DSC00314.jpg

Ambient light LEDs
DSC00313.jpg

Door handle illuminator
DSC00316.jpg

Thanks for the pics staz, really cleared things up for me. I guess the ambient LED lights can only be fully appreciated at night.

Can anyone tell me the model year of these particular A3s. My SE has the ambient light pack, but doesn't seem to have those LED ambient lights. I've been to check and it does have door handle illumination. I've never noticed it working before - is it always switched on?

Ta very much.

EDIT: Just read page 81 of my handbook; ta!

Reactions: Callum4545
Ok this thread is old - but can anyone tell me if you can get the interior lighting pack fitted after purchase of the car?

Several posts on here for it. I've nearly finished retrofitting it:-

Footwell lights:-

http://forums.fourtitude.com/zeropost?cmd=tshow&id=2536694

and

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=58215

Puddle and warning lights:-

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=58244

Ambient lighting:-

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=65167&highlight=ambient

Door handle lights:-

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=70074&highlight=door+lights

RobinA3 sells the looms and they are good quality, I bought some!

Reactions: GTz and Bailer
You should copy that post and put it in the FAQs mate! :o.k:

Ah fantastic stuff!! Gonna have a read of it this weekend! Cheers all!

:w00t: Cracking! I'm over the moon that I'd spec'd it now. My gf has the same features in her 04 SE and I really liked the subtle touches it adds, especially at night. Very resonably priced upgrade as I recall too. :yes:

Yea, I think the lighting pack is about £90. I wished I'd spec'd it but to take the car in stock saved me 10% off the new price. Couldn't at the time get a reasonable discount if I ordered to my exact liking.

Its like the Xenons with the LED DRL's, £500 option but to retro fit legally your talking £2K :sob:

OK Leon, just copied it in there

In fact could you edit your FAQs post and link this thread in at the start as it has the photos in my post that identify what is what.

One day I'll get around to making an all singing all dancing ILP photos thread but for now this is the best one I know of.

Copied your photos in. Anything else? lol

:respekt: